• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Anyone else noticed this?

TexasPete

This is a seemingly minor thing but I think speaks volumes about Woody and his staff. During the half we go in for about 5 minutes and then come right back out with like 6-7 minutes left during the half. We are ALWAYS out before the opponent. The half is for correcting mistakes and making adjustments. What does Woody accomplish in 5 minutes? And we almost always take 5-7 minutes to get the juices flowing in the 3rd quarter. I go to so many games I notice this every game and I hate it. They literally go in and Woody asks if anybody needs to take a leak...and he sends them back. Our opponent is making adjustments trying to win the game. Check this out at the next game. There is more to this than meets the eye.

And, BTW, Woody blew another game when he didn't save a TO to get the ball at half court for the last play. We had 4 seconds left but had to goo the whole court. Great coaches ALWAYS have a TO in the bag for these situations.

I was there tonight. You are totally right. He got out coached by Terry Stotts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a short list

Waited till we were down 10 to call a timeout in the first.

Kept running plays with anythingbutSmoove on the wing. Wonder what he did with it?

All we ran tonight it seemed was T-lue on the high screen.

Joe could have had 45 tonight. When he finally gave him a few in a row, Joe was unstoppable on the block.

No post plays for Shelden. He had 15 boards. Reward the guy.

We have like 1 play to get the ball to Joe. You know. Joe runs baseline and comes up through a Wright screen on the left.

No Zaza touches for extended periods. And what's with Woodson not "coaching" Zaza on the new emphasis on traveling. He euro-steps everywhere. That's like 20 traveling calls on Zaza in 6 games!

That's it. I'm disgusted. I did give a nice shout-out to www.firemikewoodson.blogspot.com as I was leaving.

• Admin

maybe because they're men and it shouldn't take more than five minutes to show them their mistakes and how to correct them. Tonight nobody could hit shots. Coming out early was a smart thing to do.

You armchair coaches get funnier every day. Coming back from 17 down isn't making adjustments? Wait, wait a minute. I'm sure that was because of the players though right? I'm also sure that Woodson was to blame for Redd getting all those calls or for Josh Smith playing like a girl?

Then, why is the opponent ALWAYS in the locker room longer, usually much longer, than the Hawks? Are the other teams just stupid? Are they not grown men like the Hawks? Funny, with our record over the last few years I would say that maybe our opponents are in there making serious adjustments. It wasn't 5 minutes last night before the Hawks were already out on the court.

When will some realize that even with professionals there are some much better than others? That has nothing to do with being an armchair QB, that has to do with having a pair of eyes and being around the situation for a long time. I guess that when you reach the "pros" you instantly gain status that "regular" people can't question you? That happens to be how Billy the Man thinks as well. He knows best. Trust in Billy. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I am certainly no chef but I damn sure know when a meal tastes like crap.

• Admin

What exactly do you think they are doing in there? Do you think they are setting up chairs so they can run "mock sets" in there just to make sure they are getting it right? You say "serious adjustments", wtf does that mean? What exactly is a SERIOUS ADJUSTMENT? Once you figure that out, explain it to me so I can try to figure out how it's so difficult to understand that an adult would need more than five minutes to absorb it.

My theory is they spend a few minutes going over things they need to do in the 2nd half. Much like they do in timeouts, only a little more in-depth. It's pretty safe to say they don't break out the film or run a pop quiz to see who gets it and who doesn't. Truth be told, nobody knows exactly what they do because NOBODY here has been privy to a halftime locker room sit-in. So we're all speculating. I try to do it based in logic. You choose to speculate on the side that serves your interests.

I've normally agreed with you but you have not challenged one point that texaspete and I have made. He cannot coach effectively at the NBA level. I'm also sick of hearing all these "you're a fairweather fan" comments. Either you weren't born here or you know very little about basketball.

BTW- he could set up chairs. It is his fault about Josh. Try running a F'ing play for him.

You're too smart for this aren't you?

Defending Woody with no basketball verbiage?

Talk about our points 1 by 1 or shut up.

If it's true that the Hawks get out of the locker room a few minutes quicker than most other teams, to me that does mean something. Not sure that it happens because I haven't noticed, but if it does you have to wonder why.

Logically it means that he is speaking to his team less than other coaches. Something for the season ticket holders to keep tabs on and let us know about.

Quote:

We also didn't score for like 5 minutes in the 4th.

So if we talked in the locker room for a few extra minutes we would've outscored them by more than 16 in the 3rd and played consistent ball throughout the fourth?

You guys are definitely overrating half time. I've heard on several occasions in all sports where coaches don't say anything

• Premium Member

or better yet meaningless point.

Last night's game.. we went in for the half and had a 34 point third quarter... cut a 17 point deficiet into a 10 point lead...

If you want to talk about Adjustments at the half.. wait until we have a bad 3rd quarter... not when we have a great one!!!

Quote:

Same thing both games I went to. Texaspete is 100% right. We come out before the other team every time. Did anyone notice that Salim came out about 2 minutes after the team?

Maybe Woodson was talking to him. We definitely are not good enough to sit back and "make them adjust to us".

This has got to be the dumbest thread. Generally players NEED to get to the floor to get loose and warmed. Like all athletes. You see it in ALL sports. The one with sweat is ready to play.

You guys are really reaching for Woody's head. Third quarter the team comes back for 12 and stretch to a 5 point lead and you fools complain that that spent to few minutes in the locker at halftime.

Just dumb. crazy.gif

We actually made our 3rd quarter run very late in the 3rd quarter. BTW, genius Deisel, Charlie V (who was KILLING us) went down late in the 2nd quarter and that impacted the Bucks. Of course, because we stood around on offense and ran the same damn play 12 straight times, the Bucks still won. The half is taken 10 times more seriously by other teams than Woodson. The half is for making adjustments. The Bucks were killing us in the paint and fortunately Villanueva went down so that helped. But don't let me see you come out WAY BEFORE the other team EVERY time. Humor me, play some cards, take a long dump, but just do something other than come right back out. Look like your in there doing what the other guys are actually doing. You have a 12 minutes time out to make some changes or correct some things. Work on defending the pick and roll...since we don't ever defend it well. If you don't think halftime adjustments are important...find another sport to follow because you don't know this one well enough.

but you continue to miss the point that in this particular instance, whether or not you are right in your assessment of the general 'trend'...we came out GREAT after the half, having a HUGE 3rd quarter...thus your argument makes little sense in the context applied.

• Premium Member

It doesn't really matter what could have been... What mattered is what was...

You make this big argument about Charlie V. Granted, he was playing well offensively, but his defensive did nothing to hinder the Hawks.

In fact, in the 2nd qtr, we scored 33 points, in the third quarter we scored 34 points.

Now, according to your logic.. Terry Stotts dropped the ball at the half. Somehow, he went into the half and made no defensive adjustments because we came out and scored more than we did in the 2nd.

Do you really believe that it was Charlie's V's fault we came back? If you're going to blame Charlie V. for Milwaukee not stopping us defensively (when he went out wtih 6 seconds left in the 2nd) then why not try blaming Saddum for 9-11. The logic there is about the same.

It was a minor observance that I seconded. Now some people are trying to make it into a Bucks game issue. Totally out of context. I"m pretty sure Texaspete was talking about an overall approach. This was just another thing. Stop hating on him and talk about Woodson's "skills" as a coach. Woody sucked the whole game. The Bucks suck. We should have won. There is no excuse. That's off the point though, isn't it?

Well, aside from the other stuff...when we got the ball with 4secs to go the only thing I was thinking was "do we still have a timeout?" Once I realized we didn't I figured we were screwed. 4 seconds to go the length of the court and then get a decent shot (or as it worked out - 3.4 to go 3/4s of the court after the foul) is pretty hard to do (especially without Speedy available).

If you have it at half court you can pretty much run a quick play (at least a screen and a pass) to get an open shot with 4 seconds...as it turned out we got no shot off.

Woody's fault?, I dunno, but it sure would have been nice to have had that timeout left.