• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So who sits? Smoove/Shelden?

a1aa0

Marvin due back early December...

He'll play 3-4 games off the bench to get him back in the flow...

Then what... Who goes to the pine? I assume it'd be Shelden. Then ya probably won't see Smoove foul out of another game since he'll be sharing more minutes with Shelden.

Its going to be tough because I think Shelden is playing better every game and is definitely a force down low even grabbing 15 rebounds last night against Mil. Obviously Marvin has to start and honestly i would bench Smoove and start Chill at the 3 and Marvin at the 4. Then bring Smoove and Shelden off the bench. Chill is just playing way too good right now to not be starting. Same with Lue. He should be starting. Bozeman looked terrible on offense and defense last night. Our depth is going to be ridiculous once we get Speedy and Marvin back. I like the way the Landlord is playing and rebounding lately. He finally played more than 20min. last night and while he didn't do much offensively he is a force on the defensive end and in rebounding.

• Premium Member

My starting five would be

Speedy/JJ/Marvin/Sheldon/Zaza with

Lue/Chill/Josh/Lo off the bench.

That is a solid 9 man rotation IMO. Specifically for the starters, I think we need Marvin starting because he can be a true 2nd option. That way, we will have two good options for the starters (JJ, Marvin) and two good options for the second unit (Lue, Chill) with the other guys picking up the slack.

Quote:

We do not put Marvin on the bench when he return. That kid has been coming off the bench for the last several years in college and pros. It is time to get him used to starting.

Getting him major minutes is more important than making him a starter. He'll eventually be a starter, no doubt on that. But it wouldn't hurt one bit to bring him off the bench with that 2nd team.

My point is that he's probably going to be in the game at the end anyway, and playing 30 minutes a game. So whether he starts or not really doesn't matter. He'll be there to finish. That's what is truly important.

Now if Josh Smith is still playing inconsistent basketball, then you may want to think about starting Marvin and Shelden, and brining Smoove off the bench.

But to me, it's not a big deal who starts. Marvin and Smoove will more than likely be the starters, so it's all good either way.

Quote:

I'd have to say Sheldon, just because of his inability to score reliably right now.

Shelden has yet to even get a shot on the offensive end.

Most of y'all probably wouldnt agree with this, but I'd prefer to see Shelden post up instead of Zaza. Zaza has pretty much no post up game...It is either a Travel, a circus shot, or an offensive foul. I like Zaza with the ball around 15 Feet out though, because he can shoot a bit, and he is faster than pretty much any C that will guard him.

As for the Lineup when we get healthy:

PG - Speedy, Lue, Bozeman

SG - JJ, Chillz, Bozeman

SF - Marvin, Smoove, Chillz

PF - Shelden, Smoove, LO/Marvin

C - Zaza(Decrease his minutes and low post touches some though.), LO, Shelden

I agree I think Shelden has better low post moves than Zaza. Zaza ususally travels when he is posting up and makes a move or turns it over. Zaza also gets out of control with the ball when he drives. Shelden has some nice low post moves but just never gets the chance so far to display them. I've seen a nice up and under move he did one game where he actually got the ball down low. I think Shelden is going to be a beast in this league. Reminds me a lot of Carlos Boozer but actually plays defense. I don't know about anyone else but Shelden looks huge out there on the court to me and is now in the running for ROY since Foye and Morrison have sucked and Roy is now hurt. He is leading all rookies in rebounding. He just needs to get his scoring up some but of course he needs touches in order to do that.

To break it down into minutes: (240 total)

PG - Speedy (24 min), Lue (22 - 24), Bozeman( 0 - 2)

SG - JJ ( 35 min...Try to get his down atleast a little), Chillz (13)

SF - Marvin (28), Smoove(10 min), Chillz(10)

PF - Shelden (24), Smoove (20 min), Marvin(4)

C - Zaza (25), LO (17 - 20), Shelden (3 - 6)

Obviously this wont always work because of fouls, in game injuries, etc. This is just a way to get everyone minutes...

Changes?

Quote:

To break it down into minutes: (240 total)

PG - Speedy (24 min), Lue (22 - 24), Bozeman( 0 - 2)

SG - JJ ( 35 min...Try to get his down atleast a little), Chillz (13)

SF - Marvin (28), Smoove(10 min), Chillz(10)

PF - Shelden (24), Smoove (20 min), Marvin(4)

C - Zaza (25), LO (17 - 20), Shelden (3 - 6)

Obviously this wont always work because of fouls, in game injuries, etc. This is just a way to get everyone minutes...

Changes?

Close take two from Marvin, two from Shelden, four from Lue, 2 from Speedy. That gives 3 more to Bozeman and 5 to Salim.