• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shelden Williams is starting to look like our

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

starting power forward for the future.

Every week he looks better and better. Tonight he even found a little post offense to go along with his steady post defense and rebounding. Only one turnover to night as well. And he did it against a pretty stout front line. Shelden & Marvin before he was injured are showing flashes that they can excel at their respective position giving me reason to be optimistic about our front line for the future.

Quote:

Can give you the Kid at least 20 games jesus people are so quick to bash and rip someone apart. It's pretty much deserved cause he isnt knocking down his shot but he started slow last season as well. If he doesnt get it together soon you gotta do whats right for the franchise. But I wont give up on the kid after 9 games.

It's not giving up on him to say that he should come off the bench. Chill comes off the bench and has been doing well from there.

The Landlord is starting to collect rent when he gets more minutes. He played 40min. and dominated parts of the game with rebounding and scoring. Smoove is just too inconsistent right now and I think Shelden needs to be starting at PF when Marvin gets back. I just think Shelden provides more of what we need at PF. Marvin is better than Smoove and smarter and has to start at SF. Our second unit would be nasty as well with Smoove,Chill, Lue, Salim, and Lo Wright. Thats 4 guys that can score all over you minus Lo Wright. Shelden is really starting to look like NBA ready to me if he gets more minutes like last night. The Landlord can play!

He showed some aggression and went up against the Detroit bigs without hesitation. Love seeing that. His maturity and strength in his body are evident and he needs to go to the basket more. Love to see him bang.

But I have not been impressed with Lo. He is not that skilled offensively, but plays good defense. Although we have not seen Solomon very much, makes me wonder if he doesn't have more talent that Lo but does not have the experience. I would love to see Solomon get 8-10-12 minutes a night just to get his feet wet.

Quote:

Then we are in serious trouble, much worse than I thought.

We're not going to win anything of importance with SW as our starting Pf. It also means we lose JS and likely JC for nothing or less than market value.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Then we are in serious trouble, much worse than I thought.

We're not going to win anything of importance with SW as our starting Pf. It also means we lose JS and likely JC for nothing or less than market value.

W

[/indent]

Such fear borders on paranoia. Your dramatically fearful posts remind me of the stories from the 50's; when every middle income family in America was considering putting a bomb shelter in their back yard. That is it exactly Walter, you are our Joseph McCarthy of the Squawk. If you do not know who he is, go look him up. I am sure you will get a kick out of reading his bio.

Why wouldn't we in "anything of importance" with Shelden at PF?

Lots of teams have won championships with offensively challenged PF's.

Think of the lakers from 2000-2002.

Also, the Bulls won 3 championships with Rodman just playing defense and rebounding from the PF position...Shelden certainly has more offense than Rodman...He CAN develop into that good of a defensive player.

That's just in my recent memory wink.gif

Quote:

Every week he looks better and better. Tonight he even found a little post offense to go along with his steady post defense and rebounding. Only one turnover to night as well. And he did it against a pretty stout front line. Shelden & Marvin before he was injured are showing flashes that they can excel at their respective position giving me reason to be optimistic about our front line for the future.

Nothing wrong with this thought. Four good players and hopefully at least two really good starters and two really solid players coming in off the bench to help out.

Things are starting to look better on our front line with each and every game...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can give you the Kid at least 20 games jesus people are so quick to bash and rip someone apart. It's pretty much deserved cause he isnt knocking down his shot but he started slow last season as well. If he doesnt get it together soon you gotta do whats right for the franchise. But I wont give up on the kid after 9 games.

Well the problem with smoove is attitude. Kid has all the physical talent in the world but attitude will keep him from being a decent player.

Quote:

That is it exactly Walter, you are our Joseph McCarthy of the Squawk. If you do not know who he is, go look him up. I am sure you will get a kick out of reading his bio.

McCarthy is terrified that his earlier hypothesis of Hawks having two adjacent position players undersized may become obsolete and he has to find new formula to scare us.

I am terrified that I've remembered his hypothesis. Bush said that he needs to reapeat things over and over again to overcome all the propoganda against it. I guess he is right.