• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saving Shelden...

DJlaysitup

Really...we brought in Shelden to be a tough enforcer in the paint and stop layup drills. But surprise...he's the best we have inside offensively (at least until MW and JC come back - even then he may be our only guy with real post moves). So how does Woody adapt to this situation? He gets Shell 16 minutes or so in a game we should have won...wtf?

Shell came in to "protect" the paint - but nobody is looking out for his backside. This is a very selfish team IMO. The sooner we get the stat guys out of here the better.

trade JS and anybody else of worth if they can't get their heads together and do what's right for the team. mad.gif

Quote:

Zaza was really making me sick with the turnovers and fouls in the fourth!!

I was wishing that Woody had the balls to put Shelden in.

duh.

Shelden should have been in the second half of the 4th quarter, especially with Joe and Lue taking all the shot.

bonehead move Woodson.

I understand that people here are frustrated by Smoove's God awful shooting last night, and many pin the loss on him. However, even with him going 3-16, we were in a position to win the game. This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Woodson. I have supported this guy, but last night I was ready to throw a brick through my TV. He made terrible decisions on the sideline last night, not playing Shelden in the 4th was bonehead, especially with the decisions Zaza was making. Also, if had to see the high post pass to Zaza, JJ running off a curl screen, then the handoff ONE more time, I was going to puke. You have to vary the offense, and he called the same dam play everytime down the court in the 4th quarter...terrible coaching job last night.

Bottom line. We need to win at home tonight and get to 6-7. We drop tonight's game and fall to 5-8, we could sink fast. I know it's early, but we play Cleveland on Friday, then head west for five games. Tonight's game is crucial...Strong word, I know, but it's the way I feel.

I agree, I think its a very important game to win. At home against a division rival that we SHOULD be better than. These are the games that have to be W's in order for us to earn some respect.

Last night's game was atrocious. The refs tried to give it to us, and the Wizards were falling apart, but somehow we looked even worse at the end.

I'm not for trading Josh Smith, it would have to be a hell of a deal for me to like it, but for crying out loud put the guy on the bench when he's having a terrible night. He wasn't the only one who played poorly, but he was the poorest on the evening.

He's in a slump for sure, but he's still taking jumpers. Pump fake and drive Josh! You're a good passer, you will draw attention, drive under control, even if its just a dribble for a better jumper. But PLEASE stop the catch and shoot nonsense. At least make some effort for a better look or a wide open lane.

If he drives all the way to the basket every time, he'll turn it over at a crazy pace, but if he just pumps and makes some progress toward the lane, he disrupts the defense. That's all I ask.

Quote:

I understand that people here are frustrated by Smoove's God awful shooting last night, and many pin the loss on him. However, even with him going 3-16, we were in a position to win the game. This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Woodson. I have supported this guy, but last night I was ready to throw a brick through my TV. He made terrible decisions on the sideline last night, not playing Shelden in the 4th was bonehead, especially with the decisions Zaza was making. Also, if had to see the high post pass to Zaza, JJ running off a curl screen, then the handoff ONE more time, I was going to puke. You have to vary the offense, and he called the same dam play everytime down the court in the 4th quarter...terrible coaching job last night.

Couldn't agree more. That was ridiculous. It worked for awhile earlier in the game and created 15 footers for Joe. But after awhile it becomes obvious what you're going to run.

• Premium Member

1. The set rotation that Woody uses... _______ being fair to the players. It's time to motivate the players. If a player knows that regardless of what he does, he will still play 35 minutes, what motivation is there for him to play harder? Woody has to mix it up sometimes. Not just for our team, but for the other team too. Sometimes, they have our guys well scouted. I would have loved to see Woody Sub Zaza and Smoove. Hell, Shelden and Freije or Shelden and Jones would have been perfect in the fourth... But to stick with guys that are turning the ball over or shooting dumb ass shots... that's ridiculous.

2. Our youthIt's hard to blame much on youth because most of our guys have been in the league a while now. However, we do stupid stuff.. Like Zaza's protest on offense. He didn't get the call on defense, so what does he do.. He comes down on offense and tries to bull his way to the goal and puts up a frustration shot. Luckily, he didn't get called for the charge. We need level headiness.. our younguns don't have it..

• Moderators

I agree with #1 totally. We could have pounded the ball inside more than we did I think with Shelden and Lo.

ZaZa didn't have a good game. He reminded me of Divac the way he tried to force the refs to make calls. It goes back to #1 though. How many flops and stupid offensive fouls are you going to let him have in crunch time before you sit him down.

Agree that our offensive setup is terrible. Even if Woody isn't a great offensive mind, you'd think an assistant would be pretty decent or even the players might say, hey, lets try something different.

as much as nobody wants to hear this, i think salim needs more plays called for him. he's hitting his shots and god knows we need someone to hit their shots. i still would rather have salim shoot that last shot uncontested from the corner than have joe shooting a turnaround fadeaway with a hand in his face. salim is playing well but doesnt seem to have offensive plays called for him specifically.