congratulations to the Atlanta Hawks organization

gsuteke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love eating crow...I'm so glad I'm questioning this road trip, and I'm wrong

GREAT WIN. I watched every second. When we are healthy, we should hope that we can compete for a playoff spot in this weak ass east...

PLEASE let us be at full strength. We all deserve it...

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, [censored] you guys for kicking me out of the chatroom.

Fortunately, I watched the whole thing. Tonight was the Josh Smith we needed to see play...driving, blocking, and a timely three every once in a while.

Good 4th period effort from the Hawks... But the Nuggets really choked in this game.

Wet. Blanket.

yeah, the announcer said something about our guys talking smack but hey, they're without 4 main teammates and pulled out a hardfought improbable win after a night of embarassment. i would be a walking testosterone machine afterwards too.

is it me or does when Josh Smith jump, he just towers over everyone. i mean i see some of these athletes jump, but Josh Smith sometimes looks like he's going to put a foot in the net. insane.

i missed the first half so i was freakin that zaza might have been injured but thankfully not. shelden playing well.

smith's d on carmello early in the 3rd (Causing his fouling) to put him on the bench was great. unfortunately that's when they went off.

is it me or am i seeing a consistency with some announcers giving us no respect at all. basically saying that everything we do is du du duhh and are lucky just to grace sneakers. no respect at all. i've heard three times now an announcer say Shelden is not a good free throw shooter. Even tonight they said it and then the next guy says "although he does shoot 83%"...what?..........umm hey peyton manning can't throw ball although he does have a lot of passing yards and touchdowns....

salim giving us the scoring we need in dire times. imagine not having salim right now...our only consistent scoring threats would be Lue and JoCool..

• Premium Member

Quote:

I love eating crow...I'm so glad I'm questioning this road trip, and I'm wrong

Hey buckeye, I didn't know that you could moon walk grin.gif Like I told you before, this is a different Hawks team. And all of you woodson haters will be cheering this man in a couple of months.

• Premium Member

Quote:

is it me or am i seeing a consistency with some announcers giving us no respect at all. basically saying that everything we do is du du duhh and are lucky just to grace sneakers. no respect at all. i've heard three times now an announcer say Shelden is not a good free throw shooter. Even tonight they said it and then the next guy says "although he does shoot 83%"...what?..........umm hey peyton manning can't throw ball although he does have a lot of passing yards and touchdowns....

No its definitely not you. These guys go out of their way to dog the Hawks. Did you hear Lenny last night?

I hope you're right! I guess being a Hawks fan for, well, my entire life has tainted things. Let's keep it up!

This win, hopefully, is a turning point. With all the injuries, a back to back on the road, and being down 14 in the 4th....to pull it out. A "W"...it's just all new to me...

I am probably one of the biggest Woody "haters" out there,but I will give him credit for this win. We went ot a zone early because Denver is a extremly poor shooting team. Woodson went away from it before they figured out how to beat it. Then 4 minutes into the 4th Karl pulls Smith, their nly shooter. Bang, just when Melo was getting in a groove taking it to the hole we come out of the timeou back in that zone and completely threw them off. Before JR could get back to the table it was down o a 7 point game and we were back.

Had we stayed in it the entire game Karl would have found the weakness, but it was this changing back and forth and springing it the right time to catch them off guard that helped us. Kudos Woody. It was an interesting one at that, most teams play a 2-3, but it was a 3-2 and with our long guys it created 0 passing lanes, notice all the tips. Then when JR came in it was more of a box and 1. I was actually really impressed with this strategy and actually seeing that our players had worked on it. Never thought I would see a well prepared Woody team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I hope you're right! I guess being a Hawks fan for, well, my entire life has tainted things. Let's keep it up!

This win, hopefully, is a turning point. With all the injuries, a back to back on the road, and being down 14 in the 4th....to pull it out. A "W"...it's just all new to me...

The thing that made this win so impressive is that the hawks really didn't play that well, certainly didn't shoot that well and still won. If these guys can bring that kind of defensive intensity every night, they will be in 90% of their ball games. But they have to start getting the ball inside a little more and stop shooting all of those threes especially if they are not falling. Do you hear me Lue?