• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Would you do the Glenn Robinson trade again?

archie44

Who was moved or benched to start Ira last year or this year? NOBODY last year and if you count Dion this year, he sadly just isn't starter material. Even Dan Dickau has more upside talent than Wilks and Stotts is sitting him even now.

Stott's "considers talent" so much moreso than Lon that he benches and moves two players, one a near all-star and the other a player you said would be starting at Pg for the Hawks this year, for a CBAer.

I don't dislike Mike Wilks. I just like JT and even Dickau better.

W

Ira Newble is not the ball handling Sg we need to complement JT. So instead of going out and getting another Sg to compliment JT playing at the point (even now McCloud is available for the short term solution) we move JT back to the 2, thus not allowing him the opportunity to demonstrate what he can and can not do at the point over more than a half a season, and team him with the CBA's version of Brevin Knight!?!

Welcome to mini-me back-court II! This time sporting a CBAer! What a wonderful plan! Fire a coach to see if the players are the problem. Then don't allow the team's critical player the opportunity to prove himself at the Pg position in favor of immediately starting a sub 6' CBAer!

JT has done more for the franchise is more important to this team than Stotts or Mike Wilks! To [censored] with the man that won't even GIVE HIM A GD CHANCE at Pg within a new system. NOT ONE GAME! Stotts yanked JT's Pg chain so hard and fast in favor of a Lowgator (or whatever Wilks was)...whatever, Diesel, proponent of mini-me backcourt II: The CBAer.

Get me a SG with handles! It's a [censored] of alot easier than getting a 6'4"+ Pg that can defend Sgs and "run the offense" any better than JT already does, without a 2nd ball handler on the team and with Ball-hog stealing shots.

W

If it's only for 10 days then why the [censored] jerk JT's chain!?!

JT being "freer" doesn't make the team better when he's along side a sub 6' Pg. For JT to be both "freer" and the team to be better we need either:

1) a 6'4" or taller starter quality Pg that can defend Sgs (i.e T-mac, Pierce, even Baron Davis) and initiate the offense better than JT WOULD with a second ballhandler and without big hog stealing shots from other players.

2) a starter quality ball-handling and defending 2 guard.

Which is easier to find in this league?

REGARDLESS, how does the 10 day (according to you), JT jerking, mini-me backcourt II: version CBA experiment help? "We may have a trade in the works?" How about if we do let's wait until the trade is made before we decide to jerk JT around in favor of 10-day CBA players too short to team with JT long term. That's a novel idea! Don't jerk a player that has done as much as JT has for this franchise and means as much to this team's future as JT does until you HAVE to. Certainly don't jerk him around in favor of a just signed, CBA Pg, who can not team up with him long-term period and according to you is only a 10-day contract!

"SAR, Diesel wants you to play center so we can bring up an under-sized, moderately talented CBA Pf to play for 10 days, OK."

W

.....JT and Wilks start in the backcourt together.

Wilks started the San Antonio game, the Houston game, and the Charlotte game. I can't remember who the 4th game that Wilks started was against.

It's not a long term solution, but it is working right now.

Getting a shooting guard with ball handling ability is easier said than done. I felt the Hawks had a chance to get such a player in the offseason when Larry Hughes was available. Right now, I think there could be an outside chance to land Brent Barry from Seattle. There are some indications that Seattle is willing to move Barry for rebounding help, plus it creates a starting spot for Desmond Mason.

Nazr Mohammed for Brent Barry is something the Sonics may consider.

• Premium Member

I think that the thing you need to recognize is that regaurdless of what we do, JT does not work as well as a PG than a 2.

Now, this is not what's best for JT hour... This is what's best for the Hawks.

What's best for the Hawks is to find someone who can RUN (Initiate or however you want to define it) the offense. When JT has played PG (even Last night) our offense STALLS. When JT moves over to the SG, it doesn't. That's the bottom line on what we can observe.

Now, you might want to see JT be a combo gaurd and learn the PG position. Well, it's been three yrs. He's NO BETTER at it now than 3 yrs ago. In fact, it's funny that a CBAer can come in and outplay JT as a PG. It tells you that what's best for the Hawks is:

1. Either find a Compliment for JT (Minime package) that can run the offense.

2. Trade JT for a guy like Des Mason and find a guy who can run the offense.

Either way, we have to find somebody who can run the offense.

I don't know why you insist on attacking Wilks. From everything Babs has said, I don't think Wilks is a long term solution. He will probably get a second 10 day contract and then we may let him go. However, for now, he fills that position as a guy who runs the offense. Until we make a trade, you will hear about Wilks. He plays good defense and he can run it.

• Premium Member

3-1 when Wilks starts, but 3-4 when he plays over half the game...

And yes, the defense has been better in the 7 games, allowing only 88 (Avg.) PPG, but the offense has been terrible, averaging only 83 PPG.

Slowing games down has not necessarily meant wins on a consistent basis.

FINE, find someone to "run the offense", but don't jerk JT around WITHOUT EVER GIVING HIM A CHANCE until we do find that "someone", especially in favor of a 10 day contract 5'11" CBA mini-me Pg. Diesel, you insisted Lon was 90% responsible! If he was 90% responsible (or even remotely near that) then he and the lack of a ball-handler are legitimate hurdles to anyone running an offense.

Who knows? You might be pleasantly suprised that JT can be that guy if he isn't the only ball-handler on the roster, isn't in Lon's system, and the system is better suited if not right for him.

Of course, with Stotts' love for CBA talent in favor of our team's own top pick on the roster, we may never know.

W

W

JT doesn't even know what it's like to start at Pg with another ball-handler!

If it means we play JT in the backcourt with a sub 6'er to make him happiest (BULL!) then we don't need him OR the sub 6'er if he is a 10-day contract CBAer. Everyone here knows that!

Diesel, when did you suddenly become the proponent of the mini-me backcourt II: CBA version? You HATED Brevin Knight! HATED! Wilks is no where near Knight-good and he's only 1" taller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 ops...get JT a 6'3"-6'4"+ Pg who can guard Sgs or a Sg with a handle. I don't care which one so much. Just I know getting the Sg is easier/more likely and that until either is done don't jerk JT around, especially in favor of a 10-day contract CBAer!

W

• Premium Member

In reply to:

FINE, find someone to "run the offense", but don't jerk JT around WITHOUT EVER GIVING HIM A CHANCE until we do find that "someone", especially in favor of a 10 day contract 5'11" CBA mini-me Pg

Watch a game old man.

In reply to:

Diesel, you insisted Lon was 90% responsible! If he was 90% responsible (or even remotely near that) then he and the lack of a ball-handler are legitimate hurdles to anyone running an offense.

After 2.5 yrs of Coaching and his training was supposed to be in Player development... Lon couldn't get JT any more able to run a simple offense than a CBA PG. Think about it.

JT was no better than Coles as a PG.

JT was No better than Maloney as a PG.

JT was No better than Knight as a PG.

JT was NO better than Vaughn as a PG.

I doubt JT was better than Cookie Belcher or Spoonie Penn as a PG.

And through all that, Lon Never realized this.

I'm sure in Babcock's judging the draft and our picks... Lon assured Babcock that JT could play PG so Babcock passed over Pure guys like Tinsley and Parker.

However, let's go back to 90% and this situation.

Is it JT's fault that he's a SG playing PG? Who assigned him to be a PG? It was obvious that JT was not better as a PG than a SG... However, in the money year... Lon still couldn't see this or try to make adjustments to accomodate. I like how you try to blame JT for being what he is. Blame LOn for NOt recognizing what JT is. We could have kept Cookie Belcher and had a nice one two punch.

Was it Lon's simple offense that was the problem (You said that was 90% the problem) or JT's "not running it"? You can't have it both ways. Either Lon was 90% responsible or not. If he was then how can JT be held responsible for Lon's offense you claim was utterly inept.

Truth is we saw JT run the point beautifully at the end of last year SANS Big-Hog. While you may blame Lon 90% and JT (90%?)...you do the math...it keeps coming back to big-hog.

W