• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Would you do the Glenn Robinson trade again?

archie44

For me, this is a no brainer. People are conveniently blaming Glenn for our mess. Believe me folks, it ain't him. He is not a cancer. He cares.

We all knew his shortcomings when we got him. We should not be surprised that he's not a great defensive player. But we should appreciate what he does bring to us.

In my opinion, from what I see first hand, Glenn is not the problem. I would still make that trade in a heartbeat.

Now I'm not saying I would'nt include the 2003 first rounder in the deal again (haha).

• Premium Member

Now that's not a fair statement.

We knew that Big Dog wasn't the MJ of defense when we got him. In fact, we knew it was a wash between him and Toni. Toni was also a big slow, no defense playing Sf (Don't fool yourself). The difference was in Big Dog, we got a guy who can consistent come out and play and get us 20 ppg. Last yr, our offensive production was weak. The only times it was strong was when Toni was Healthy. The sad part is that Toni health is known. It is known that he will miss games. When the deal popped up... Toni/1st for Big Dog a guy who is consistent 20/6 player... I knew it was good.

However, Losing Toni, we did lose a good ball handler. Terry is not a PG. I said that ALL SUMMER LONG. For this team, we need a PG. I would trade Terry for Miller right now. No problems. Because we need somebody who knows how to distribute. However, Big Dog has come in and done everything that we expected. He's averaging about 20/7. Our problem is that we don't know how to maintain a multiscorer offense because right now we lack the ballhandling. Let me preference that with this statement... For Wally:

We did the right thing in getting rid of LON. We would not have turned a corner if he remained. He didn't look to solve any of our problems. He just hoped that the players could work through it and fit in his system? He never considered talent. Stotts did. I haven't agreed with every Stotts move but his first was to pick up Wilks (another ball handler). Smart Move. His Second was to give our defense some scheme. Smart move. Getting Big dog and Reef in the flow of the game playing together might take us getting a better Ballhandler. However, now we are seeing our flaws and the remedy... I think we are moving in the right direction. We still have some losses to take, but at least we aren't waiting on the players to work it out.

Puppy Dog is a worse defender than Toni is.

" We would not have turned a corner if he remained."

I don't see the corner that has been turned.

All Puppy Dog has done is come in and take other

peoples shots.His game is soft as butter.He is the

same idiot that called Ray soft but yet Puppy Dog

is scared of contact and he is a sissy and a wimp.

He's chicken [censored] as a player and a person.What

kinda pro athlete calls another play [censored] through

the media?Nice job there Mr.Professional!

All Puppy Dogs boards come from the ball falling into

his lap.He never picks up the hustle rebounds or any

thing.

In reply to:

" We would not have turned a corner if he (Kruger) remained."

I don't see the corner that has been turned.

LOL! Maybe the corner of getting worse? Not to defend Lon or anything, but at least he did post a very respectable record at home while Stotts is having trouble regardless of the court.

I think we will play better once we get pretty far out

of the playoff race then everybody will get their hopes

up for next year.With the teams coming up in the second

half they will win a few more games and probably will

win 35 games,but I don't see them doing much more

than that.

I saw some good things last night,but Puppy Dog will

be back soon so it will not matter.

Shortcomings is Puppy Dogs middle name:

1)No athletic ability

2)No defense

3)Can't break down defenses

4)Doesn't hustle or get any hustle rebounds

5)He's not sane

6)He's not in good enough shape

7)Turnovers

8)Predictable game

9)Nothing but a standstill jump shooter

10)No passing ability

11)He's simply a outdated player

12)he's never been anything close to a clutch player.

He will give you points once you fall behind by 15

points.

I'd say he has a pretty good list of flaws

Good things:

1)his jumpshot

2)he averages about a rebound more than the

average SF.

Puppy Dog is about on the level of Juwon Howard.

• Premium Member

of the playoff race then everybody will get their hopes

up for next year.>>

I 100% agree with you, and this is exactly what happened this year. Which is why I think they should trade one of the big 3 (and I would rather lose Big Og than JT or Rahim) and free up cap space to give this team a brighter future. Maybe send him to Detroit to get that Memphis pick and draft a young SG (deja vu). I wouldn't even care if they pulled a Denver and took back crap with expiring contracts at this point...

Stotts picking up Wilks is FAR WORSE in terms of relative talent than Lon picking up Newble last year. We all know how you hate Newble, Diesel. At least we had long term injuries that demanded a player at that position under Lon. Stotts picked up and immediately started Wilks over Terry at the point. While you and several other consider Terry already a lost cause at the point, I and others aren't so sure and we sure as [censored] have alot invested in seeing what Terry can do there even in a non-traditional role alah Sam Cassell.

The truth is that the only two reasons to fire Lon were

1) there was no real upside to keeping him

2) and mainly to expose the players to critique without having Lon as cover or an excuse.

Unfortunately, the later has been denied to us regarding JT because of Stotts. Stotts has given JT the cover and excuse of not playing the 1. Thus, any JT at Pg excuse goes from, AS YOU PUT IT, "Lon doesn't run an offense" (making it hard for a Pg to work out) to "Stotts never gave me a chance to show what I can do". Truth is, along with the lack of a second ball-handler being the cause of his not succeeding at the Pg position, I would believe JT! I know Stotts wants to come in and put his stamp on the team, but in the midst of continued, season worse loses he has cost the franchise an opportunity to critically examine its most important upcoming contract player. We NEED a full year under varying systems to see what JT can do. If a player lacks effort or heart, then I can see benching and moving any player, even for a FAR lesser talent like Wilks, but JT is not accused of that. He is accused of not running the offense by the same people accusing Lon of not having an offense to run! (Not even considering our lack of a 2nd ball-handler) does anyone not see the absurdity in that?!?

We still need to evaluate JT's ability to play the point as he is BY FAR the most gifted guard we have and he does not suit the 2 on defense al all, making him something less than the special player he can be. His value to us as a player or as a player had in a trade depends upon it! Instead of picking up a CBA ball-handler and then moving JT to the 2, we needed a 2nd ball-handler to play the 2 (i.e. McCloud).

Worst case scenario, at the year's end (or even after considerable time under Stotts as the head coach) we KNOW JT is not a 1, instead of suspecting that he might could be under a different if not right system IF GIVEN THE CHANCE.

In reply to:

"now we are seeing our flaws and the remedy"

We saw our flaws the same before, just some of the forum and you mostly blamed the majority of them on the wrong person. In fact getting rid of Lon, being that he was 90% of the problem according to you, WAS YOUR REMEDY. You can't now say "Oops, my bad. Oh well, who next can I (selectively, as in your giving the obviously responsible to some extent, Big Dawg a free pass) blame since I was wrong in my assessment the first time" and expect anyone reasonable to be so understanding and forgiving.

In reply to:

"I think we are moving in the right direction. We still have some losses to take, but at least we aren't waiting on the players to work it out."

You are right, JT won't get the opportunity to "work it out" at the Pg position as he has been denied that by Stotts in favor of the far less talented Mike Wilks. "Considering talent"? Ha! Stotts is doing so less than Lon did. Worse, this lapse in consideration of talent seems likely to cost us the best chance to critically examine JT at Pg outside of the very same system and out from under the very same coach YOU claim is 90% responsible for our team's problems.

This may very well be the day we look back at when we are all kicking ourselves as Terry very well may go on to be a star Pg somewhere else. We will have Stotts, his "consideration of (CBA) talent", and his ability to "work it out" FOR the players to thank for it. Ya think Stotts will still be around to "thank"?

W

P.S.

No I don't dislike Stotts. I really could care less for him either way. THAT'S THE POINT! I care more about the development of JT than Stotts and for a likely half year coach to not even give JT the tiniest of chances when he means a great deal to this franchise and his play at the 1 means by far the greatest deal, irks me. To do all that in favor of "his (summer league) man" in Wilks sickens me. JT has done more and means more to this franchise than Stotts! Stotts Pg position snubbing of JT is wrong ethically and bad for the franchise.

In reply to:

Who did Lon post that great Home record against?

It certainly wasn't San Antonio, Miami, Houston, Detroit, & Dallas was it?

Actually, the Hawks did beat Detroit and Miami at home when Lon was coach. Philly, Utah, Seattle and New Orleans as well. It wasn't compiled against all patsies.

Looks like Stotts might be able to do as well if we could just extract that Cancerous Big Dog.

• Premium Member

I don't hate Ty Corbin JR. I just don't think he should be a starter.

Secondly, Stotts taking Wilks was him making a move to get a defensive ball handler on the floor. Being that they had given Wilks a try in Milwuakee, Stotts recognized his ability.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

While you and several other consider Terry already a lost cause at the point, I and others aren't so sure and we sure as [censored] have alot invested in seeing what Terry can do there even in a non-traditional role alah Sam Cassell.

Will anyone lurk into Walter's gray area of saying that JT being an unconventional PG is better than him being a SG?

I would rather Walter give some defenitive suggestion of What JT is?

I say that Yes JT can be a PG if we brought in somebody else to run the offense. However, the point I make is that JT cannot run the offense without a true ballhandler (NOT IRA) in the backcourt with him.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

You are right, JT won't get the opportunity to "work it out" at the Pg position as he has been denied that by Stotts in favor of the far less talented Mike Wilks. "Considering talent"?

Wilks is just here for 10 days.

There might be a trade in the works. However, have you noticed that JT is HAPPIER not playing PG. It allows him to play freer

I still think he can be a very good point guard.

Before saying JT can't run an offense, I'd like to see him play with a true NBA caliber player in the backcourt beside him. Not CBA/NBDL refugees like Davis, Wilks, & Newble. But an actual player that could actually make another NBA team.

Right now J.T. is a better #2 guard than P.G. When

Toni K. was here last season, he was a very good

passer and really good at handling the ball.

This season, we have missed that a lot. With the other

2 P.G. players Hawks have, who are both pretty good

at handling and passing the ball, Hawks have looked

much better with Terry at the #2 guard.

Team defense has improved under our new coach. Still,

there are times when a big #2 guard would look great.

Ira is really a foreward. Last season Hawks had a

pretty good #2 guard who didn't handle the ball too

well but he played very good defense and could hit the

three with some consistency. We sure miss the kid

this year. Hope we get DerMarr back next season.

Wilks may not be very good, as many have suggested.

He is a good dribbler and passer. His shooting is

hot and cold. He is a real pest on defense and could

be much better with the proper coaching by someone

who has played in the N.B.A. who was his size.

Two wins {Without the Dog} after being down so bad

for so long feels pretty good. It's not much of a

winning streak but it sure beats loosing all the time.

Nazr is rounding into shape and Theo is finally getting

the rust off his game. Small steps, to be sure, but

steps none the less.

{Still wish we could trade for Battier}

Looking up. But, the top is so far away. We have

fell so far that up is almost at the bottom of the

ladder. Now, we have a long road back to .500.