• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans got to be kiddin me... (Good read)

Joker

Quote:

Um.. no most aren't rookies. Let's see, Shaun Livingston, Al Jefferson, Telfair, JR Smith, Robert Swift. IMO you could include Marvin in that list, even though he's only played 2 games, he played 82 last year. JR is doing alright but he is on a good team with a great passing PG, something Smoove only wishes he had. Remember last year when asked who we should draft, Smith said "that guy from Illinois" talking about Deron? Plus JR is mainly making 3's and he has always been a good shooter.

I'll ask again, how many consistant 21 year old High school players are playing consistant NBA basketball (outside of LBJ and Howard cuz they were #1 picks)? Or how many EVER?

And out of all though names above I see none of them with the exception of Livingston become more then just role players like DeShawn Stevenson...

you say those names but there not good, what your point on that post other then their not consistant or even good...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

How are the Hawks sinking in quicksand when we have improved every year since '03? We already have 8 wins this year and only had 26 ALL of last year. JJ is an all star this year and 4th in the league in scoring. Injuries is what has killed the chemistry of this team. Especially the injuries to Chilldress and Marvin. Chill was playing incredible ball the first 5 games coming off the bench when we started 4-1. Again you know nothing about the NBA much less the Hawks to say we are sinking in quicksand. I guess marked improvement each year means were sinking now. You make a lot of sense!

But your missing the point, we still suck and you seem to forget that we spend 25 million since then trying to fit it... no one is arguing about JJ but it everyone else but Chillz, which is the question. you bring up simple retarded points to justify your arguement when at the end of the day the Hawks are not a very good basketball team. Also get my comment right, they will sink in quicksand but the end of the season, no way JJ could carry this team all season without some help for others not named Childress.

I see you like to bring up the 4-1 start

Game 1- lost to Philly

Game 5- beat Tor. and it wasn't on TV.

Game 4- upset the Cavs, great win but unlikey to happen again. Didn't really come to play outside of Gooden...

Game 2- Knicks... they sucked and Joe went off

Game 3- Orlando didn't come to play, I watched that game on Sun.

Again we are not a horrible team! you don't even know what your talking about. Do you think were going to be a championship team overnight or something? We have improved greatly the last 2 years and it just sucks that we have all these injuries this season. Otherwise we would have a better record no doubt. Yeah I guess that 4-1 start with two wins against the leaders of the East in Cle. and Orl. were just fluke wins. I guess that also means CHilldress sucks and his play was a joke those first 5 games. Your logic makes tons of sense dude.

Even though I am a fan, I speak to win and I'm think ahead and about the whole picture as well as now, I think like a GM, not a fan...

I'm sure glad your not the Hawks GM! Good lord you don't know squat. Your thinking ahead has really provided us with a lot of options and insight on how to fix the Hawks. Thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How are the Hawks sinking in quicksand when we have improved every year since '03? We already have 8 wins this year and only had 26 ALL of last year. JJ is an all star this year and 4th in the league in scoring. Injuries is what has killed the chemistry of this team. Especially the injuries to Chilldress and Marvin. Chill was playing incredible ball the first 5 games coming off the bench when we started 4-1. Again you know nothing about the NBA much less the Hawks to say we are sinking in quicksand. I guess marked improvement each year means were sinking now. You make a lot of sense!

But your missing the point, we still suck and you seem to forget that we spend 25 million since then trying to fit it... no one is arguing about JJ but it everyone else but Chillz, which is the question. you bring up simple retarded points to justify your arguement when at the end of the day the Hawks are not a very good basketball team. Also get my comment right, they will sink in quicksand but the end of the season, no way JJ could carry this team all season without some help for others not named Childress.

I see you like to bring up the 4-1 start

Game 1- lost to Philly

Game 5- beat Tor. and it wasn't on TV.

Game 4- upset the Cavs, great win but unlikey to happen again. Didn't really come to play outside of Gooden...

Game 2- Knicks... they sucked and Joe went off

Game 3- Orlando didn't come to play, I watched that game on Sun.

Again we are not a horrible team! you don't even know what your talking about. Do you think were going to be a championship team overnight or something? We have improved greatly the last 2 years and it just sucks that we have all these injuries this season. Otherwise we would have a better record no doubt. Yeah I guess that 4-1 start with two wins against the leaders of the East in Cle. and Orl. were just fluke wins. I guess that also means CHilldress sucks and his play was a joke those first 5 games. Your logic makes tons of sense dude.

My bad I overdid the comment, what I ment was this team is below average. and back to your overnight championship question? No, I know that we probably want win a title three years after rebuilting but that is not the issue, this team has a seasonal ceiling and their about to peek that already, I'm telling you this team look like last year team that peaked and everyone was like playoffs and I wasn't but now that it's to light everyone know the results. I never siad beating Cle. was a fluke but they did not show up that up. Orl. try their best to lose that game we bad possessions and careless TO's. I think your not thinking logically.

EDITED

Quote:

Even though I am a fan, I speak to win and I'm think ahead and about the whole picture as well as now, I think like a GM, not a fan...

Quote:

Okay know it all what do you suggest the Hawks do since you are a GM and know everything? All your saying is the Hawks suck and not giving any insight on how to correct that. Your hilarious and dumb!

What is their the say, When I watch this team even with the devoplment of all the young players this team still isn't a championship team.. that right there would make me detroy the team.

1. Bad draft descisons- The agree with the Chillz pick, but the rest was a wtf type pick on a basketball standpoint. But the worst is still passing up D. Williams in which I siad the Hawks will reget before the draft that year. But I can't blame the Hawks, they would have been left for dry like the Houston Texans when they passed up on Bush by the media if they passed up on Marvin. BK did what he had to do to keep his job on that pick.

note: ESPN was hyping the hell out of Marvin, saying he is a can't miss and it will bring fans to the Phillips.

2. Bad accquistions- JJ was great but for all those picks, umm no, we could have got him for cheap. Claxton- needs to be in a system. Zaza- watch and see. the rest- smh

I would have sign JJ without the trade. I also would have drafted smarter as well. I can say that becuase I knew who would work for the Hawks as a team.

3. Coach Woodson- this dude is bad, I means really bad as a head, but he is a good assistant.

Hired someone new. Paul Silas would bring some displie to the squad.

4. They have a bad vibe- usually this can only be fixed by hype or alot of talent which the Hawks have none of.

5. That about it in a short sentence, but it is not my main goal just a startup.

Quote:

Your making points we have talked about over and over on this board pertaining to the JJ signing and the Marvin pick. The rest of your so-called points are stupid

your talking but nothing positive is coming out. and what are the stupid points since you feel that way.

4. They have a bad vibe- usually this can only be fixed by hype or alot of talent which the Hawks have none of.

This is a great point! Bad vibe? What the hell are you talking about. They have TONS of talent on this team. Its just young and needs to be developed. I agree with you that Woody might not be the right coach though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

1 problem. from a poster...AI will not be good fit in ATL?

Me:What are you crazy Atlanta has no assignments to fit the player in, you are a dummy if you think so... all Atlanta does is pass the ball twice and someone takes a illedvised shot and we end up having to play defense... that will not effect AI game one bit, we are not the Bulls we do not have a system that we run, we just run.

To be quite honest, I thin AI would actually work well with this team. I've seen him at his best and leading Philly to the championship series with LA. Some say he can't work with another star and needs role players around him, but at this point in his career...and with a scenery change, I think he would want to silence his critics. As far as AI the player is concerned, I have absolutely no problem with him here in ATL.

The problem that I have is what we give up for him. While most people were watching the best teams get better, I have been follwing the Hawks and the draft for nearly 20 years. The thing you don't want to do, outside of trade your star player for nothing, is give up on your investments too soon. With this, sadly, I think BK has backed himself into a corner...but more to the point, I wouldn't trade any of our young guys to rent AI for 3-4 years.

That's not to say that AI isn't worth them or vice versa. It would simply be more prudent to trade a young player for another young player.

Quote:

2 problem. from a poster.... Josh Smith is untouchble?

Me: What the F is wrong with you, this dude is thash, he wouldn't start on any team that wasn't the Hawks but some reason ya'll think highly of him.

Yeah. Smith is a quandry, which ironically I think you have the answer to. He is a young player, with potential, home grown and a fan, if you can call people that down here, favorite. At the same time, we have nearly 27 other swingmen competing for his spot. Between him, Chill, Marvin, and Shelden...something has to give. And it has to "give" in a specific way - if we move someone, we need to get someone back with the same amount of gas left in the tank. We should be looking at other young talent around the league that may be obtainable (like Ben Gordon).

Quote:

3 problem. from a poster.... I still sticking to taking Marvin over Williams and Paul?

Me: lol,this is a joke right... BK sucks and this proves why..

Yeah. What is really funny to me is the amount of Chris Paul supporters that we have now. Where were all you people when posters like myself, Dolfan, and Diesel were ADAMANT about taking a PG?? Too many were high off the Bogut fumes I think. My arguement was then and remains that given the choice between the potential of a franchise/superstar SF and a franchise/superstar PG...YOU TAKE THE POINT GUARD because he will make everybody better in a way that a simple scoring swingman WILL NOT.

Quote:

4 problem. from a poster... we are inproving we might make the playoffs?

Me: smh, the playoffs is your goal, why are you a fan and why do you even care, I don't know but I want to compete for a title and that's that. Now I understand the rebuilting process but the Hawks been rebuilting since 03 so there are no more excuses for the Hawks... bad draft choices have came to haunt the Hawks... Don't being up the Clips because alot their crap is becuase they like being cheap.

True. But building a championship team takes careful planning and a bit of luck. AI won't make us that, but COULD be a piece of the puzzle. Thing is...does he come here and we win the title within 2 years? If not, then the time that it takes to mold this team into a "championship" calibre squad is time that ticks off of AI's clock. Some may argue that he has more in the tank than we think, but in the end...he's going to hit the wall. IMO, it's not going to occur at a convenient time for us should we trade for him.

Quote:

5 problem. from a poster... We need a pure PG or defenvise Center?

Me: True we need that but it doesn't mean we are going to the playoffs or are even be any good, it will just solve just one of many problems in which doesn't mean sh!!.. quick fixes are why the Hawks aren't a bonafide playoffs team to being with.

This last problem is one that I have argued for years. But unless we luck up and make the right draft pick (and actually lucky enough to BE in a position to make it) or make a miraculous trade for a superstar...then we are going to have to put faith into the bed we've made. I personally think that our best chance at getting a solid compliment to JJ is trading one of our 43 swingmen for a young talent.

With that said, I wouldn't do a deal for for AI...but I'd swing one for Ben Gordon or (if it were possible) Devin Harris in a heartbeat.

On a final more personal note, I'd recommend that you not charge up into the Squawk slamming people in the face. There is a heirarchy of respect around here and no amount of overcharged patronizing is going to make your opinion any more solid or acceptable. On the contrary though, no one will take you seriously.

Welcome to the Squawk.

Quote:

This is a great point! Bad vibe? What the hell are you talking about. They have TONS of talent on this team. Its just young and needs to be developed. I agree with you that Woody might not be the right coach though.

bad vibe means that no one knows or really cares about winning on a NBA championship level.. There just doing their jobs..

ex. Cleveland Cavs season before Lebron got drafted. they had just as much talent as the Hawks but no one in the locker room really cared about winning. All these Hawks care about is respect more so then winning. There is not much talent on this team when talking on a NBA level buddy, your confusing talent for atheletism and they are not the same. and I'm glad we agree on something.

Quote:

Me:What are you crazy Atlanta has no assignments to fit the player in, you are a dummy if you think so... all Atlanta does is pass the ball twice and someone takes a illedvised shot and we end up having to play defense... that will not effect AI game one bit, we are not the Bulls we do not have a system that we run, we just run.

Allen Iverson would be a great fit in Atlanta. As a player. Were he a free agent, I'd take a serious, serious look at him. However, 1) Any trade we make for him would absolutely decimate our front line and defense (which isn't very strong in the first place), and 2) He will take us to the full salary cap, which means that we won't have the opportunity to acquire the defensive presence that we do need, because you know damn well that Hawks ownership isn't going to start spending the luxury tax for a good while.

Quote:

Me: What the F is wrong with you, this dude is thash, he wouldn't start on any team that wasn't the Hawks but some reason ya'll think highly of him.

You are the only Hawks fan I've ever met who thought that Josh Smith was trash. You're probably very similar to JohnnyBravo, in that if you put the points on the board, you're obviously a great player. That being said, He's not untouchable. However, trading him for a guard is not what the team needs. If Smith gets traded, it MUST be for someone who can at LEAST fill Smith's presence in the post, because he's the only person down there who challenges shots.

Quote:

3 problem. from a poster.... I still sticking to taking Marvin over Williams and Paul?

There's already a nice thread addressing that. That's about 6% of Hawks fans who would still take Marvin. However, we've more than justified why BK did what he did.

Quote:

Me: smh, the playoffs is your goal, why are you a fan and why do you even care, I don't know but I want to compete for a title and that's that. Now I understand the rebuilting process but the Hawks been rebuilting since 03 so there are no more excuses for the Hawks... bad draft choices have came to haunt the Hawks... Don't being up the Clips because alot their crap is becuase they like being cheap.

I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned we're in the third year of our rebuilding process. Most of us expected 35ish wins while everyone learned to play together. And we're all pleasantly shocked that the team has come on as good as it does and has a chance to contend for the playoffs. Where is the problem here? One bad draft pick should not define the team, and that is what it has done in your eyes. We all want a championship, but we're not going to screw things up long term for a panic gamble.

Quote:

Me: True we need that but it doesn't mean we are going to the playoffs or are even be any good, it will just solve just one of many problems in which doesn't mean sh!!.. quick fixes are why the Hawks aren't a bonafide playoffs team to being with.

Wait...What? A true PG and C would be a quick fix? I don't even know how to respond to that one.

Quote:

Me: smh, the playoffs is your goal, why are you a fan and why do you even care, I don't know but I want to compete for a title and that's that.

How do you go from a 13 win season in a rebuilding year to the Nba championship in a year or two?? How do you do that??? Tell me how?? Let me guess..hmmmm..... in a video game maybe???

You have to go to the playoffs to win the damn title if you didn't know.

Dude, you should just keep it quiet and watch intelligent people disscus the bball.

Thanks

Quote from Nbasuperstar04 they had just as much talent as the Hawks but no one in the locker room really cared about winning. All these Hawks care about is respect more so then winning. There is not much talent on this team when talking on a NBA level buddy, your confusing talent for atheletism

To say the Hawks don't care about winning is just plain ludicrous dude! And in order to earn respect which they clearly want you have to win games right? The two go hand in hand buddy! There is plenty of talent on this team and if you don't see that then you know nothing about basketball. I'm done replying to your ridiculous posts!

Quote:

Quote:

To be quite honest, I thin AI would actually work well with this team. I've seen him at his best and leading Philly to the championship series with LA. Some say he can't work with another star and needs role players around him, but at this point in his career...and with a scenery change, I think he would want to silence his critics. As far as AI the player is concerned, I have absolutely no problem with him here in ATL.

The problem that I have is what we give up for him. While most people were watching the best teams get better, I have been follwing the Hawks and the draft for nearly 20 years. The thing you don't want to do, outside of trade your star player for nothing, is give up on your investments too soon. With this, sadly, I think BK has backed himself into a corner...but more to the point, I wouldn't trade any of our young guys to rent AI for 3-4 years.

That's not to say that AI isn't worth them or vice versa. It would simply be more prudent to trade a young player for another young player.

You know what, my sentence was so grammatiatly incorrect that you can just ingore that comment.

Quote:

Yeah. Smith is a quandry, which ironically I think you have the answer to. He is a young player, with potential, home grown and a fan, if you can call people that down here, favorite. At the same time, we have nearly 27 other swingmen competing for his spot. Between him, Chill, Marvin, and Shelden...something has to give. And it has to "give" in a specific way - if we move someone, we need to get someone back with the same amount of gas left in the tank. We should be looking at other young talent around the league that may be obtainable (like Ben Gordon).

ME!: Agree...

Quote:

Yeah. What is really funny to me is the amount of Chris Paul supporters that we have now. Where were all you people when posters like myself, Dolfan, and Diesel were ADAMANT about taking a PG?? Too many were high off the Bogut fumes I think. My arguement was then and remains that given the choice between the potential of a franchise/superstar SF and a franchise/superstar PG...YOU TAKE THE POINT GUARD because he will make everybody better in a way that a simple scoring swingman WILL NOT.

ME1: To be honest, At that time I would have drafted Bogut because of the rareaity of centers and I liked his game, but I wouldn't have took Marvin though. We already had Chillz.

Quote:

True. But building a championship team takes careful planning and a bit of luck. AI won't make us that, but COULD be a piece of the puzzle. Thing is...does he come here and we win the title within 2 years? If not, then the time that it takes to mold this team into a "championship" calibre squad is time that ticks off of AI's clock. Some may argue that he has more in the tank than we think, but in the end...he's going to hit the wall. IMO, it's not going to occur at a convenient time for us should we trade for him.

ME!: True, but also this roster will not as well so even if things fail you can just start from there instead of realizing it will never happen with the current group who is out there now. And in this East he might be able to get to a Finals which will shut AI up for the two years.

Quote:

This last problem is one that I have argued for years. But unless we luck up and make the right draft pick (and actually lucky enough to BE in a position to make it) or make a miraculous trade for a superstar...then we are going to have to put faith into the bed we've made. I personally think that our best chance at getting a solid compliment to JJ is trading one of our 43 swingmen for a young talent.

With that said, I wouldn't do a deal for for AI...but I'd swing one for Ben Gordon or (if it were possible) Devin Harris in a heartbeat.

On a final more personal note, I'd recommend that you not charge up into the Squawk slamming people in the face. There is a heirarchy of respect around here and no amount of overcharged patronizing is going to make your opinion any more solid or acceptable. On the contrary though, no one will take you seriously.

Welcome to the Squawk.

ME!: no problem, My bad I came too agressive and I'll take flaut and will apologie for that, and I agree 100% with the last post.

nice post and I comments with ME!:

Quote:

Quote:

Me: smh, the playoffs is your goal, why are you a fan and why do you even care, I don't know but I want to compete for a title and that's that.

How do you go from a 13 win season in a rebuilding year to the Nba championship in a year or two?? How do you do that??? Tell me how?? Let me guess..hmmmm..... in a video game maybe???

You have to go to the playoffs to win the damn title if you didn't know.

Dude, you should just keep it quiet and watch intelligent people disscus the bball.

Thanks

sorry, but what are you talking about, I think you could my words out of content.

Quote:

To say the Hawks don't care about winning is just plain ludicrous dude! I'm done replying to your ridiculous posts!

everyone cares about different things, and everyone cares about winning, it just that other things are the main focus.

When I see the Hawks their playing for respect for fans, players, and others around the league. It not like the Lakers or Squrs which play everynight to get closer to the goal of winning the NBA title. You can tell the vibe from interviews and what not.

Quote:

Quote:

only about 1 out of every 20 Hawks fan actually would rather still have Marvin over Paul. They just make a huge deal about it.

Josh Smith JUST turned 21. How many 21 YO's in the NBA are playing good consistant basketball RIGHT NOW? or EVER? Not Many, give him time.

Most are rookies and Josh is not a rookie, he is a 3 year pro with 173 games under his belt and play soild some nights and god awful in most... this kid is like the poor man Rex Grossman in terms of production...

Yep... Josh Smith is a junk player.