• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

from espn insider

codyatl

The Hawks are still trying to find a way to make it to the playoffs. Would the Sonics be interested in a Jason Terry or Dan Dickau and Shareef Abdur-Rahim for Payton and Vladimir Radmanovic swap? The Warriors feel they're a veteran away from being dangerous. They have a plethora of young players to offer, but most of them play the same position as Lewis and Mason. A third team would have to get involved for the Warriors to make it happen. Jerry West has some spare parts, and Payton would be a great fit on the Grizzlies. Would Stromile Swift and Lorenzen Wright get it done? The Blazers have coveted Payton forever. They'd love to pawn off Damon Stoudamire, but the Soncis aren't that desperate. It would probably take a package of Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels and Zach Randolph to get the Sonics interested.

That would be a [censored] of a deal fro seatle getting sar AND jt.

• Premium Member

If we sent JT/SAR for GP/Radmo, we'd be fools. We'd be giving up LOW post presence. GP would be unhappy. We'd become a team full of Chuckers.

However, if we were to support Portland in their bid to get GP?

Atlanta sends JT/SAR to Seattle.

GP goes to Portland.

Atlanta gets Anderson/Davis/Randolph... Now we're starting

to talk.

Or Memphis...

Gp goes to Memphis.

Swift/Battier/Wright comes to Atlanta.

Now, we're talking...

Now

if we give up sar and jt for anyone, then babcock is a bigger fool than i thought...all we're missing is either tall pg and putting jt at sg or a different sf to take glennrob's place that has more of an allaround game..

there is no need to blow up the team.

He said that Wallace and Randolph are untouchable....besides I wouldnt trade for an uproven guy like Randolph. Seriously, what has he done that would warrant moving 2 VERY good players for? Davis has what, 2 years left in him? Randolph may never be a starter and Anderson is a journeyman at best.

• Premium Member

I thought he said Wallace and Bonzi were untouchable?

Anyway.. It doesn't make sense... For Both Wallace and Randolph to be untouchable. Randolph will never start ahead of Wallace. They're just waiting on Randolph to leave as a FA right?

• Admin

I know people close to the team and close to randolph who say, HE WILL NOT BE TRADED. They are extremely high on him and consider him a great young talent and a big part of their future.

Few people in this league are untradable. But it would take a package involving a YOUNG superstar to get them to move him.

oh, it was mentioned in the insider a week or so ago that they would listen to offers on anyong except rasheed and randolph.