• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lapses in Energy cost us dearly...

jaywalker72

hey atleast you can go to your car safely around

here without having to worry about being robbed.

You don't have to deal with homeless people,bad

traffic etc....But what else would you expect?Isn't

Atlanta worse crime rated than freakin Detroit?

"The only thing I've ever seen you passionate about is bashing people that do a job you couldn't do and have only a basic knowledge of in the first place. "

[censored] I could go out there and lose.Considering the other

team knows what the Hawks are going to do before they

do it I'd say their simple asses can't go out there with

a real gameplan and win.[censored] JT appears to only know

how to run a pick and roll and he can't even do that

correctly.

"When have you ever supported the team?"

Hard to support guys that spend their time putting

over the other team and hang their head all the time

and play like pussies.Sorry,I can't approve of that.

When they lose and go on about how great the other

team is it makes me want to puke.

" Especially when you could be using all that time to soak up the quality nightlife that Dallas has to offer."

Like I said,atleast I can go to my car safely.It isn't

great around here but it is safe.Enjoy the high crime

rate=)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity is what I feel for you, and those who have to wade through the repetitive opinions you have on this team."

Save your pity for this soft team.They need it alot more

besides the big paycheck they get for being a embarass

ment.Even the news stations act like the Hawks don't

exsist.But why is that surprising?

I'm not forcing anybody to read anything.Don't read my

posts I could careless.

"Call me names, whatever, it has worked for me pretty well, I must say, as I have a paid for ticket to the game, a press pass, and get to sit courtside for a team that I have a lot of passion for.

As for the team, the record indicates how good or bad a team is, and 14-23 doesn't indicate a good team at all, no matter if you are a fan or not."

Well hey,your going to writing for a last place team for

the next 4 years thanks to Pete Babcock.He is a soft person

and will not even bend the same rules 28 other teams

bend.He stated before that being honest is better than

winning.A GM should be fired for saying such a thing.

I wish I could find the quote again to add it to my sign.

When you have a wimp as GM he is going to bring in

fellow wimps like Reef/Theo and a person that is even

dangerous to himself(Puppy Dog)and they lose.Pete

clearly had no vision in putting these guys together.

You trade for one help defender to try and make up

for 3 bad defenders....You bring in no shooters,no

10RPG or no superstar,no PG,you draft bums like

Dion and Dermarr.I'm sure these guys are great to

hang out with,but they suck as players.

JT and Puppy Dog need to be traded first.if your a 6

foot SG not named Iverson you need to take your

butt elsewhere.

So the guy that said that about Puppy Dog is right.He's

only doing what he done for 10 years....Pete is the one

that gave up a lotto pick for him.But he still needs to

be traded for a better allround player.

But hey Jay I'm glad it's you and not me or the players

would never hear the end of it.I wouldnt even want

their autograph.

Jaywalker,

As long as the record stands better than .500, then I think he isn't for this team.

His weaknesses outweigh his benefits.

Yes, I admit, he brings one of the best midrange jumpers. BUT, his deficiencies FAR outweigh it.

And yes, my list would include the teams we beat without Big Dog... each and every one of them is a playoff bound team.

But, none of that matters, my point is: We are more organized, more active and more efficient when Big Dog is OFF the floor.

By the way, did anyone notice who beat the Hawks last night? Toni Kukoc. Each time he was on the floor, the Bucks would put on a major run. I doubt it is a coincidence.

Play.

Great points, ARR...

You are absolutely right about Pete and the roster thing. If you aren't willing to do what it takes to win and get an edge, like holding people on your reserve list, then it could be a signal that you aren't going to do whatever it takes to win to the team itself, and that could translate in some small way onto the court.

I feel like the team is going to have to make a change at GM, as Pete knew when he hired Lon that such a risk could cost him his job, and now that we have been set back two seasons by that poor hiring, coupled with the fact that so many now successful coaches were available at the same time, I don't think there can be much discussion about it.

I miss Toni, because he was great, when healthy. Now, I know that Dog is missing time right now, but it small potatoes when compared to the missed time by Toni over the last few years.

Toni was shut out by the team by the end of the year, and he was not happy about his reduced role in the offense, that's for sure.

Everyone had a sense that he was gone even before the season ended, and it's a shame it didn't work out here because he gives what we need, a ballhandler.

However, Toni cannot handle a large workload anymore, and would likely have folded under heavy lifting here, which would have been required. His back injuries are chronic, so much that a massuese travels with the team to ease the pain a little.

Dog gets paid relatively the same, contracts expire about the same, and is younger and relatively healthier.

It isn't like Toni is the first person to make the

hawks look bad.They give up 30 points to Mark

Jackson....Tyus Edney had 25 or 30 againest the

team a few years ago.It just never stops.

• Premium Member

He's a role player.

And like any role player, if you use him wrong, you will get bad results. Lon used Big Dog as a Point Forward... Bad Results! JT uses Big Dog to initiate offense.... Bad Results.

However, once we get a gaurd in here that can initiate the offense. Move Terry to the SG position. Play Big Dog as a 2nd/3rd Option... The results should be SWEET.

That's what I preached about when I said Lon didn't define the team or have a workable offensive scheme.

So you can try to blame Terry and Big Dog... However, it's no sense in blaming guys for being what they are.

However, if the Hawks want to reach it's potential...

We need:

1. A PG that can run the offense.

2. A Rebounder.

I would trade Theo for that.

Does not work that way Diesel. What most of us were trying to say was that we are a better team without Big Dog and in reality we are. Now whats are record w/o Big Dog 3-1, now with Big dog we are 11-22, that gives you an idea that we are a better club w/o Bid Dog. Come on what do u really expect to go 82-0 w/o Big dog, gimme a break.

Now very simple Stotts made some poor decision last night. I think in the 2nd half we should of started JT at the 1 and Ira at the 2. Cassell and Allen killed us in the 3rd and I think JT would of done a better job on Cassell and Ira most definitely would of kept Allen under control. Lil Wilks was used and abused by Sam "I am". This desperately needs a couple of jump shooters, because all we have is Big Dog and JT.

Now answering to Hotlanta, ok yes everyone here gets pissed off when the Hawks lose and sometimes we say that Big dog sucked and stuff like that. But you always go way off base with your rantings. These guys are NBA caliber players, they are just not giving it 48 minutes of effort and that is what they need to start doing so that they can start winning some games. Secoondly there was absolutely no reason for you to insult Jay in that manner, you were wrong and you know it dude. I dont what your problem is, but you definitely has some issues in your life. You trash this team like we trash our biggest rivals.

You claim you are 21, when was the last time you got some, if any?

Maybe thats your problem, you are like a woman on her mentrual cycle.

Diesel,

I agree. He is used incorrectly. But, so is everyone. I don't think a PG will change Big Dog's defensive inabilities. I don't think a PG will stop Big Dog from NOT swinging the ball.

A PG will help us become more efficient and more fluid. But, only Big Dog can do his part in the offensive scheme. Because for the majority of the time, he doesn't play his role, and would rather disrupt the scheme.

Play.

• Premium Member

Who says we are a better team?

If I play the Bulls, Cavs, and Warriors without Big Dog... And we go 3-0..

Then I play the Blazers, Pistons, and Mavericks with Big Dog and we go 1-2..

That says nothing about Big Dog's Effect on the team.

However, if I compare games when we played the same teams with and Without Big Dog.... Then we're talking.

So let's see....

Milwaukee...

With Big Dog, we won 98-80. Big Dog had 23 points.

Without Big Dog we lose 97-88.

New Orleans

With Big Dog, we won 89-82. Big Dog had 24 points.

Without Big Dog, we won, 87-80.

Those are the only two teams in our case study. What it says is that with have won more with Big Dog than without him. I mean, that's if you really want to compare apples to apples.

Diesel,

NO, that isn't comparing apples to apples. Every night is aa different outcome.

If we played New Orleans 20 times with Big Dog and 20 times without Big Dog, then you have something. You can't flip a coin twice and say: "AHA! It is 100% that the coin will land on heads." It doesn't work that way. Especially in a sport, where every variable is different EVERY night. Were we at home, were we away, did we play the night before, did the other team... etc.

Sot, you cannot infer based on one game that this is true. The only way to do any analysis is to take the team as a whole. That provides one with the most data. Therefore, you have to take the record as a whole as this provides the most data upon which to draw a conclusion from.

Play.

• Premium Member

For me the Hypocrisy here is so thick..It's unbelievable.

First you say...

Yes Big Dog was used wrong... Then you say so is everyone.

My question...

How does moving Big Dog, fix that. I would think that using people right is a better fix.

Secondly, you harp on his defense. Again, this was known coming in that he wasn't all world defensively.

Honestly... JT and SAR are just as BAD defensively. We don't have the makeup of a good defensive team. So will your remedy be to trade everybody (ala ARR)?? It doesn't have to be. What we need to do is to build up our strengths and cover our weaknesses as best as Possible.

Diesel is right. Listen for a change?

If we trade for a rebounder and a PG that can run the offense. Then if we play Zone Defense, 90-95% of the time... We would be a much much better team.

The opposite is We can go out and sign more Ira's and Ham's and trade away Big Dog, JT, and SAR... But in the end, all we would have accomplished is destroy a good team. Moreover, this New NBA is not really friendly to hardcore defensive teams like we used to have (Deke, Laettner, Mookie, Ty Corbin). It's more friendly to teams that can slip in and out of Zones and that can score in bunches. That's why the Kings DESTROYED NJ the other day.

What we have now, is the makeup of a team that can score a lot. What we are missing is the PG that can run the show... And a Strong rebounding Presence.

• Premium Member

What I was saying is that comparing us playing New Orleans.... With and Without Big Dog...

Is a Lot Closer to telling us the truth than us playing Dallas with Big Dog and us playing New Orleans without Big Dog and saying that we can make an assessment based on that??

Am I right or what?

Those who have league pass might have heard this. Milwaukee announcers said before the game Hawks "people" came to them and asked.."Man did Dog TO the ball like that when he was here"?

There answer was yeah he did, they basically said he has trouble dribbling...but they learned to live with it.

My question is how are u a "great scorer" at the SF position and can't dribble the [censored] ball. Can't crossover with out fallin on you face.

I love the man's jumpshot because it is butta but he is so limited offensively, can't create, turns it over and can't play D.

Maybe it is his bum elbow or ankles... but [censored].