• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lapses in Energy cost us dearly...

jaywalker72

Diesel,

We have lost to worse scrubs that a very good Dallas team with Big Dog.

I agree it is a decent comparison. But you are only able to select two samples. Your sample size is FAR too small to make any comparison. Again, flip a coin twice and see what happens.

So, you have to pull a larger sample size, albeit a less accurate one. But, statistics work better the larger the statistical population.

I want to see us play about 10 more games without Big Dog to make a REAL determination. But, from what I have seen... we are better all around without him. We pass more. We show more aggression (except maybe the overly-passive Reef).

Play.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

In reply to:

My question is how are u a "great scorer" at the SF position and can't dribble the [censored] ball. Can't crossover with out fallin on you face.

That's a good question. I guess you can ask guys like Shawn Marion, Cliffy Robinson, Marcus Fizer, and others.

As a matter of fact... Looking into the NBA History books... The SF position was not one where a whole lot of dribbling and passing was neccessary in times past. You can see the evolution though.

Started with James Worthy. Worthy and his first Step. You had Bird, however, Bird always got the ball stolen from him when he was pressured. Then you had Nique's patented Spin Move. Then there's Pippen and the advent of the Point Forward. However, before that time... A SF was a guy who would get the ball, shoot or either make the open drive to the whole (Worthy, Nique). However, Passing and all this other stuff you guys expect was not really a mark of the SF. How many times did Nique ever pass the ball??? I can count them... All late in his career.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Big Dog's problem is that he DISRUPTS the flow of the offense. We score more when he is in, granted... but he brings the rest of the team out of rythm. He won't pass the ball to continue setting up the play, instead he looks to shoot it.

Again, how can you make that assumption without first playing the game with a PG who can initiate the offense? AGAIN... Big Dog has been Misused... I don't think that you get that part yet.

I look at Big Dog and the SF position and I see Nique. Not that Big Dog and Nique play the same game... Big Dog's a bettter shooter. However, both guys were/are scorers. Both guys get the ball in scoring position and score. The difference is that Nique always had a compete PG playing with him to get him the ball in that scoring position.

As far as being a disrupter of the offense, you first got to have an offense. If Young nique played for the Hawks would you trade him?? Nique would get you about 28 per night. He definitely didn't rack up the assists. He definitely didn't pass the ball once he got it. However, he was always used correctly!

You want to trade away a 20/7 SF before we even try to get a fix for what is really our problem? That doesn't make sense. Do you know how long it took us to get a scoring SF? Having Big Dog can work, we just need a real PG here to initiate (run) the offense. Yes we need a rebounder but you were only HALF LISTENING. You would trade Big Dog for Samake Walker right?

Now answering to Hotlanta, ok yes everyone here gets pissed off when the Hawks lose and sometimes we say that Big dog sucked and stuff like that. But you always go way off base with your rantings. These guys are NBA caliber players, they are just not giving it 48 minutes of effort and that is what they need to start doing so that they can start winning some games. Secoondly there was absolutely no reason for you to insult Jay in that manner, you were wrong and you know it dude. I dont what your problem is, but you definitely has some issues in your life. You trash this team like we trash our biggest rivals.

You claim you are 21, when was the last time you got some, if any?

Maybe thats your problem, you are like a woman on her mentrual cycle."

Jay is no god.When somebody attacks me I will respond...

he did so and I told him the flat out truth.

Mad cause I insulted your favorite playa there JTfan?

CauseI said he sucks.He's a chump and well maybe

you are also....worrying about other guys sex life.Maybe

you should worry about that ho you are probably hooked

up with.

" These guys are NBA caliber players,"

NBA caliber players play NBA ball.These guys can;t

even pass correctly.My local high school team would

beat the Hawks.This team doesn't play like they know

what they are doing.

It's like asking a blonde supermodel to take a car

apart and put it back together.

"Jay is no god.When somebody attacks me I will respond...

he did so and I told him the flat out truth. "

Truth: I am not a God. Good point.

Truth: When somebody talks about your posts, you respond.

Those are truths, but what other truths did you tell? That these guys aren't NBA caliber? That your high school team could beat the Hawks? That I am a clown at games (Well, that one could be truth..lol)?

Please.

Those are opinions. Who is to say that a good coach couldn't get more out of these guys? Can any of your high school chums get 20 points a night on the NBA level (not that it's the most important thing, but it is a measuring stick)?

You have strong opinions, and you stand behind them vociferously. Some end up being on the money, and others are far-fetched and based in emotion only.

But it doesn't make them fact.

Diesel,

I figure I can't respond any more, since you obviously support and love Big Dog. You Big Dog supporters are beyond all reason. You can't even begin to think that MAYBE, just MAYBE he might not be something the Hawks need.

So, the sidenote is this: I love the fact that you have a picture of Charles Barkley on your profile and defend Big Dog. The reason I find this amusing is that Charles Barkley doesn't like Big Dog, and was the one who coined the name "Big Hog". He called him a one-dimensional ball hog.

Play.

"That's a good question. I guess you can ask guys like Shawn Marion, Cliffy Robinson, Marcus Fizer, and others."

Shawn can dribble and a is great scorer...those other to bums are not GREAT scorers. But all of them put it on the floor better than Dog.

I didn't say anything about passing...but I liked the way u tried to twist my post.

Can you honestly say you have seen Dog beat his man off the dribble 5 times this year?

That is my point.

Those are opinions. Who is to say that a good coach couldn't get more out of these guys? Can any of your high school chums get 20 points a night on the NBA level (not that it's the most important thing, but it is a measuring stick)?"

We need a better coach.....Yawn that is what Diesel

thought also.It hasn't changed jack.

Every team has scorers(well besides Detroit)if you allow

guys to jack up shots like JT and Puppy Dog do then you

will have guys that score 20PPG.

Atleast the local high school team can do things correctly.

Being in the NBA isn't as much of a high achievement

anymore besides the money.[censored] 18 year olds come into

the league and have sucess easy.

Teams can't score or anything.The whole NBA doesn't

play basketball in the correct manner.But the Hawks

are just aweful.They are like the average team only

3 times worse.I miss the days when the game was

played in a correct manner.

• Premium Member

OK petrol boy, let's get real. I never said that this "theory" (not my words, just yours & jaywalker's) had any value YET, but have thought all along that a trade would not be made until mid-February. I never "attributed" the losing to Big Dog, I proposed that the Hawks played BETTER without him (especially JT & SAR). They are now 4-2 when he scores

BTW, Milwaukee is NOT the "lesser" opponent at this point; the Hawks are...

(As a sidenote, I think this board can be too serious at times - Call me Capt. Obvious - Let's all learn to laugh a little.)

D, I don't how you can make that comparison! Nique could handle the the ball pretty well and could create his own shot whenever he wanted. Yes, they're both scorers, but there's definitely a fundamental difference in how they can score them - one must be set up, the other didn't need that at all...

All you do is [censored] about something like you actually know what's going on.

You're just an idiot behind a keyboard who isn't man enough to say some of the things you say to anyone's face.

Why don't you go to a game and tell Jason face to face that he's acting like an idiot?

And if you want to reply to me, I'll let you know when I'll be in town for my yearly visit to Atlanta to see the Hawks play.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Shawn can dribble and a is great scorer...those other to bums are not GREAT scorers. But all of them put it on the floor better than Dog.

When have you ever seen Marion dribble when he was not less than 2 steps away from a dunk??

• Premium Member

While you are compiling the numbers, tell me how well do the Hawks do when Terry plays SG and someone else is running the offense from the PG position?

I don't think that you can say for sure what is the cause for offensive failings... And as much as you guys cry about defense... The problem is Offensive. We have too much offensive firepower to be as bad as we have looked.

And if you want to reply to me, I'll let you know when I'll be in town for my yearly visit to Atlanta to see the Hawks play."

Do you want my home address?

"You're just an idiot behind a keyboard who isn't man enough to say some of the things you say to anyone's face."

I wouldn't waste the money to go to a game nor to

go down to filthy Atlanta.But your welcome to come

to my house anyday.

"And if you want to reply to me, I'll let you know when I'll be in town for my yearly visit to Atlanta to see the Hawks play."

What are you going to do?Please you can drop by my

"crib"anytime.I have a surprise I'd like to give you....

"All you do is [censored] about something like you actually know what's going on."

Any you do?Mr.hawks will be 10 games over .500 in

Jan.After tonights loss they should be 10 games UNDER

.500 just like I told your stupid ass.Yao Ming will be

a bust...remember that?lol

You don't know jackshit about anything.ESP about

sports.Have you ever called anything and been right

on it?Remember,Vick is a total bust....lol

You wouldn't anything even if I met you face to face.

Seeing Jay on TV I doubt he could do much either.Me

I really don't care about you or your life....If you meet

me in person you better be as heartless as I am.