• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel sorry for the whole team but

coachx

I really feel for Dion Glover. I know that Terry Stotts consistently goes with the minny me backcourt to attempt to lower turnovers. The only problem is that both of our true pg are rookies and will have many turnovers, Terry running the point has even more.

But with Pierce at sg almost all night, Glover should have played much more. Without Dog and With Terry ice cold, he is the only naturally aggressive scorer the Hawks have. Reef likes to score but is not really atheletic enough to do it by himself, he needs help. I just think Glover's offensive aggressivness should be utilized more on team that seems to lack atheletic perimeter players. It is almost like Glover is in Stott's dog house.

When Glover does get a minute on the floor he plays well. Even "The Stinger", Mike Glenn, said Glover looks good when he sees the floor, he went on to add it must be b/c he practices hard (b/c he never gets the playing time he deserves.)

By the way I am not some Tech fan who loves anyone who wore gold. I just don't know why you would play 2 rookie pg together at the same time and expect then to limit turnovers, they sure as heck cannot guard Paul Pierce, he will find a way to exploit them even if the Hawks play zone.

Hawks need a proven NBA Head Coach, something our mangement needs to take note of.

Babcock thinks in play station terms, while Joe Dumars moves look suspect, he know what chemistry is. Pete and Lon seemed to not understand team chemistry. I really wish we had someone with a proven track record to run this team.

Coachx,

Personally, I think Pierce (and Walker) are extremely overrated. They are undisciplined. They chunk up far too many dumb shots, and without the roleplayers working hard... would get crushed worse than we do. More oft than not, those two gaurd themselves by throwing up wild errant shots. Asking ANYONE to gaurd them is a joke, because they throw it up so much. Just on sheer luck, they are BOUND to hit a couple.

Glover is an idiot. Plain and simple. He is of the same mentality that Pierce is from.... shoot it, even if there is no shot. He is worse than any player on our team. Look at his stats... he has more shots over less minutes than any player on our team. I think Reef only has about 60 more shots.

He is NOT that impressive. He lacks ANY court vision, and while he can drive the lane "aggressively", aggressive doesn't imply smart. Give him 22 shots a game and you have a Pierce. 38% from the floor averaging 22 points.

Play.

I agree with PlayMaker here - he only looks to score, whether a shot exists or not, and half the time gets caught up trying to decide whether he should drive or pull up for the J...and then ends up chunking a terrible one or turning it over.

Now whether or not he's the absolute dumbest, hard to say, GRob looks about just as undisciplined.

Good post.

• Premium Member

Actually, I agree with a lot of what you said.

I think Dion really hurt himself early in his career.

He never really worked on ballhandling.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of DIon. I want to see him do well... I just believe that it would take him going to another team for that to happen.

The first problem is his ball handling. When you play beside a weak PG, you need to be able to handle the ball. The second problem is that both Babcock and LON pegged him as the next Vinny Johnson. That was very unfair to him. When we'd need scoring from our starters, LK and PB were content to keep him coming off the bench. ANd many here bought into that notion. I guess you say it enough and people believe it. Sorta like Big Dog and Midrange Shot Master.

that with Dog injured and Terry ice cold, Glover is the only other perimeter scorer we have. The team shoots 36% anyway, so Glover's offense was needed the other night vs. Boston.

But if you guys insist on playing 2 rookie pg together you got your wish, 66 points on offense and Wilks and Dickua getting shot over all night by taller players.

playmaker, i agree with ur statement about the celtics.

the celtics find a way to win by playing well in the last few minutes. The supporting cast is also very helpful and supportive in their system.

One reason the celtics throw up so many shots is because of the lack of structure on the offense. Their coach allows anything to happen on offense as long as the team plays his style of defense.

Peirce is known as "THE TRUTH" because of his ability to go off at any minute. The guy is very inconsistant (shoots poorly and next game shoots very well).

Walker is not better than SAR. If u say they are about the same (talent wise), ill give u that... but saying hes better than SAR is incorrect (in my judgement).