• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who'd take a chance on Hill?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Ok... I've been reading up on Orlando. Sounds Like Doc is pissed. Everybody is pissed. I bet we can get Hill fairly cheaply..> With his insurance policy?

Here's the deal I just thought about:

Nazr/Grob to Orlando for Hill/Miller/Declerq?

Would you do it?

Without a doubt. I mean, it's a double bonus for us, should they do it.

Hill - if he regains his health, everyone knows what we'd have. A point forward to go with Terry and SAR - we'd be a very good team.

If he doesn't work out, a) hopefully his insurance would kick in and we'd get some cap space back.

Also, we'd ahve Miller to play at sf or sg...he could be either.

D - have you run this by an Orlando board?

1) First off- injured or not, GRANT HILL is one of the smartest basketball players out there...

his basketball IQ is at a high level... high enough for him to compete against the best with an injured status.

if u look at his numbers, they arent great... but dont suck either (take in account that some games, he played under 10 minutes so that would decrease his statline)

2) Mohammed hasnt been doing much this season. Declearq could easily fill Mohammeds role for us. There isint a big difference between the two players.

3) Mike Miller is a good 2nd/3rd option and is very young. He would fit right in and help us out. To be honest, he could fill Robinson shoes nicely (IMO)...

therefore, i find it as if we are getting GRANT HILL for free. As a fan, im not the one paying him $10 million or watever he makes... i just want to see us win!

i wouldnt care if we were $30 million over the cap, as long as we win!

and i believe that grant hill can help us win...

I wouldn't trade one of our top 4 players for him. I doubt I'd trade for him at all. Grant is the highest paid cheerleader in NBA history. I like him but his salary would KILL us for the forseeable future. We would probably be tying up a max salary with no production for the next 5 years. The Magic are already talking about shutting him down until the playoffs. If we trade for Grant, we will be basically praying for a miracle and although this team needs a miracle, I'd look for that miracle elsewhere.

The team is already dead for the forseeable

future.But your right,I'd rather dump the

4 best players for draft picks and maybe we

can have a star here one day and players

that want to win because these don't.