• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What went right tonight....

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Zaza came out to play. Did you see the slam on Kaman!!!!

2. We rebounded well.

3. They settle for Jump shots.

4. The refs had a much slower whistle than last night.

5. Sometimes, the basketball gods just shine some light your way!!

Problems

We still are lost offensively. I was biting my nails in the fourth wondering if we would break down.

JJ is not that good of a passer. I see it over and over again.

We need an offense which takes advantage of our speed and Speedy's ability to get the ball to the right man.

Gameball to Zaza and Woody..

Down the stretch, Woody seemed to outcoach Dunleavy. We even came out of timeouts and scored on what looked like designed plays???

What went right is we won! There is no formula for this team, as far as winning. We have to shoot well, stay out of foul trouble, and rebound. I know that's profound, but it's the truth.

• Premium Member

You're being far too modest. We need more than those things to win. We need JJ to take Brand and Mobley out to the strip club and let them hang out all night long. Lose their legs and miss a gang of free throws. We need dancing girls to visit the Clipps lockerroom at the half and distract the team from hearing Dunleavy's adjustment. We need the other team to fill internal turmoil for once and refuse to pass to each other.

Then we need all that other stuff... Zaza to play like he's in his contract year. Lazy lo to at least grab a rebound... and funny Clipps commentation.

I listened to the Clipps broadcast and it was funny and pathetic.

They said that Lo's shooting was a "hopeful toss".

However, by the end of the game, they were begging the clipps not to lose to the Hawks!!!

grin.gif

When the Hawks play good defense and protect the basketball, they will win more than they lose. Last night, the Hawks held the Clippers to 40% shooting and 74 points while forcing 19 turnovers. The Hawks also protected the ball, turning it over only 13 times.

They played last night the way Mike Woodson wants them to play all the time.

I went to the game and I'll tell what went right...

The LA Clippers stunk up the place and wanted nothing to do with that game. If there has been a player more unneccessarily hyped than Shaun Livingston...I'd like to see him. He is as boring and vanilla as it gets. He can play a whole game and never do a thing...

We won because the Clippers sucked. All games like this do is encourage the Spirit into thinking things will turn around.

I agree that the Clips looked tired and uninterested. While this was a big win for us due to our recent stretch, I can't say we did anything special last night. Speedy had a few good D plays and Zaza was aggressive offensively with good results. Jones also gave us a shot of energy that the Clips were missing. Kaman and Brand were playing very well offensively in the post and the Clips simply forget them for long periods of play. Good win but I am not certain that the effort last night indicates we have turned any corner. Having Lue and Smoove back with better coaching might result in sustained improvement.

Good to see him be able to outplay another big, slow white guy. I still maintain that if he had a legitimate big to play beside him it would make a world of difference. We got a heck of a deal with him, but what we paid is really about what he's worth . . . . bargain price.