• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Childress

shock

Quote:

What a game! 23 points and 14 boards. With all the whiners on this board that complain 24/7 about our players, Woody, BK, Atlanta Spirit, I thought Chillz performance was worthy of a thread. Go Hawks. Keep up the good play Josh.

whining about other people whining. classic grin.gif

Josh, Chillz, Marvin, Shelden, Joe are undefeated together this season.

• Premium Member

The thing about JChillz is his consistency.

I still think that he and Smoove are a very good tandem on the floor together.

In the 4th quarter, I thought #33 Scottie Pippen had showed up and put on a Hawks Jersey!!!

Quote:

In the 4th quarter, I thought #33 Scottie Pippen had showed up and put on a Hawks Jersey!!!

Seriously, JC and JS are simply better basketball players AND prospects. They have more heart and have a greater positive impact on the team. WE can't keep them all and, while we should have traded MW with Al before the end of last offseason, since that's done can we get anything for MW/ZaZa? What about Nenad Kristic, Marcus Williams, and NJ's 1st in this year's draft unprotected? I'm not sure 11 in this draft is going to be a value spot to pick up a player, but perhaps combining 11 and 18 get you up in the 5/6 range. Unlikely.

If Seattle picks around 5 or 6 this year and Thabeets on the board would MW and ZaZa get us this pick? What about MW/ZaZa/Salim for Ridnour/Fortson (ending contract)/Gelabale and Seattle's pick (once the lottery is decided, Seattle is likely 6th or 7th, and I-F Thabeet is available).

We then lineup:

Thabeet

JS/SW

JC/JS/Galabale

JJ/JC

Speedy or Luke Ridnour almost interchangably as offensive or defensive options

I feel like every possible move is a lateral one and this team need a miracle on tank street to contend.

W

Quote:

I think that is a fair comparison of Pippen in his early years, but then he played with Jordan. I think Chill continues to get better and he does so in a rather inconspicuous way.

Yeah personally Chill was the surprise of the year for me, and it was obvious early on. Much like Lue surprised me last year. Early on when we were winning close games, Chill and Lue were the heart of this team, hustling and hitting the shots that make the difference. Of course JJ was the workhorse. Going into the season I felt pretty confident that Chill would be the odd man out eventually when we trade to balance out our roster. I'm not so sure any more at all.

• Moderators

Quote:

REalistically he should be starting. However I wonder if they are keeping him in his bench role to give him a chance at the 6MOY award.

Unless I am mistaken, he is playing more minutes than Marvin and Josh Smith lately and is finishing games so I doubt Childress gets too wrapped up in this.