• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I really miss E-Muss. (article)

DJ_Money

...from everyone's favorite, David Aldridge, no less.

http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridg...id/1495452.html

Read it if you like, I just wanted to highlight a one thing.

"I think a lot of them wanted change. Antawn (Jamison) mentioned it early in the year. He said, 'Even though we're losing, coach, keep treating us like you are. You're treating us like winners. We've always been told that we're not winners."

Problem numero uno right here, I don't think many of our players believe in Stotts. They didn't believe in Lon either. Stotts will get in a player's face, while Lon wouldn't dream of it. But, neither of them can motivate. GS made no big changes to their team over the summer except for at coach. He has the players motivated, they play for him. Our players have nothing to play for.

I know that we hired Stotts last summer as insurance in case Lon couldn't cut it. We should have just cut ties with him there. We lost out on a guy who I think will be one of the better coaches in the L for many years b/c our management is scared to make decisions. They've been burned in the past, and it will likely happen again. This team is spineless.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

It took Musselman about five seconds to conclude that Jamison was a three, incapable of guarding fours on the block. He moved Jamison back to three, inserted second-year forward Troy Murphy at the four (Murphy is currently seventh in the L in rebounding) and has essentially told Dunleavy he's got to wait his turn. And he's turned the ball over to 5-foot-5 Earl Boykins in the fourth quarters of games, with amazing success.

I wish somebody would go to the next Emuss interview on ESPN or NBA.com and ask him about Reef and weather he's a 4 or a 3?

Doesn't EMuss strike you as a young Mike Fratello in some ways?

The energy he brings to the sidelines is very reminiscent of the way Fratello coached the Hawks in the 80s. He also has a firm fist of discipline. While his players had a hand in it, he isn't flexible on what his players came up with.

And, EMuss has his team winning to some degree, building confidence for the future. A couple of roster tweaks, and the Warriors are a playoff bound team.

While I think Reef is part of the problem right now because I feel the losing has broke him, it's obvious that he can't guard people on the low block. Offensively, he's a post player, but defensively he isn't. Before we made the Big Dog trade, I think the Hawks should have looked into playing Shareef at the small foward position and going with a better defender/rebounder on the low blocks.