• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LaRoche traded

shock

Quote:

LaRoche was much more valuable than a single relief pitcher. We needed to get a player (Duffy, for example) with Gonzalez. Bravos will regret this. LaRoche was key.

What's being said now is that the Pirates are giving up a STAR shortstop prospect, someone projected to be simply amazing (Lilledge.)

Strong trade for the Braves. LaRoche lacks the focus to be a star player. The Braves traded him at the peak of his value. The prospect we got is supposed to be excellent both offensively and defensively, eg a Derek Jeter type of guy.

The bullpen is now one of the best in the league. We have depth and power arms on both sides (righty and lefty). The bridge inning of the sixth is not even going to be that much of a problem if Boyer comes back healthy.

Thorman will fill in well until Salty is ready, which he might be by June. There could also be another move coming to fill out the everyday line-up. The Braves have an arm to trade if they need to.

Great trade for the Braves if you read anything at all about this prospect they're getting. While he probably is at least a year away, this kid had an OBP of over .400 last season and stole over 50 bases. He also has a little pop in his bat. He played CF in college, but has played SS in the minors with one game at 2B. Gonzalez will almost certainly step in as our closer after Wick leaves. I liked LaRoche, but honestly think if they get Craig Wilson to platoon with Thorman, they won't be losing a tremendous amount of offense with those two.

Quote:

Great trade for the Braves if you read anything at all about this prospect they're getting. While he probably is at least a year away, this kid had an OBP of over .400 last season and stole over 50 bases. He also has a little pop in his bat. He played CF in college, but has played SS in the minors with one game at 2B. Gonzalez will almost certainly step in as our closer after Wick leaves. I liked LaRoche, but honestly think if they get Craig Wilson to platoon with Thorman, they won't be losing a tremendous amount of offense with those two.

Wilson's platoon numbers are INSANE! Career .920 OPS or something.

If a team would finally realize his best asset is as a platoon partner, not an everyday player, they will reap massive benefits from that. He had a few good early years and people thought he was an everyday player capable of hitting 30HR 100RBI, which might be the case, but he's much better when used sparingly.

I'd never heard of this guy, but his walk rate is absurd (once per game), his pop is solid for a SS, his speed on the basepaths is excellent, and his average is strong. He's also a very good defensive SS. The Pirates gave up their #2 prospect and top infield prospect.

He looks like potentially the future SS and lead-off man for the franchise. Finally a replacement for Furcal, but with a higher OBP.

I'm still not thrilled about the trade, but I will be if Lilledge pans out to be at least solid offensively(.280 hitter with 30+ SB and a .360+ OBP).

Quote:

Quote:

Wilson's platoon numbers are INSANE! Career .920 OPS or something.

Pitching is pretty hard to predict. Don't know how it's going to go down until the season starts. Can't be 100% sure of anything these days though.

KOlb was supposed to be a great closer to... Look how that turned out. It's just so unpredictable these days.