• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

POLL: Tank or don't tank.

AtLaS

Quote:

However, I can't get myself to fully endorse tanking right now - I think that the team has to be given basically until the break and then make a strategic decision to either tank or go for the playoffs.

There will be no decision to tank, that just doesn't happen. This really is a moot point because ours nor any other management in the league is going to get their players to lose on purpose. It's essentially the same as shaving points, if caught we'd be brought DOWN.

I can understand people's opinions on tanking because the reward would be great IF it worked. However it doesn't even matter because management could never go for something like that, it's just not going to happen. If Stern found out we are tanking on purpose there is no telling what he would do.

If some of yall want to root for us to lose, thats fine, but don't root for management telling the players they aren't good enough to win, then the NEXT year tell them to go out and play to win.

• Premium Member

I don't think it's a question of how special he will be... for all the special that I have heard about Oden, I think I have heard 2 times as much about Mayo... I think there are ebbs flows as it relates to special. What I am saying is that at some point (regardless to how special the prospect), you have to work with what you got and decide that you will be competitive instead of complacent. We expect to be in the lottery. Listen to the fans. WELFARE MENTALITY...

We have to get to the point, where we expect more out of the players we have. Instead of wishing for the next great player.

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think it's a question of how special he will be... for all the special that I have heard about Oden, I think I have heard 2 times as much about Mayo...

I do think it is a question of that. From what I have read, Mayo is a MUCH more ordinary prospect than Oden.

Quote:

No doubt oden is going to be a special player. However, Marvin was supposed to be special..

No one ever expected Marvin, or even Bogut, to be what people expect Oden to be. Oden has been hyped as the best big man prospect since Shaq. He's got LeBron hype going, and he's had it since LeBron got drafted.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Tanking will solve all our problems once we draft Dwight Howard...er I mean Bogut...or Marvin... or oh yeah Oden. Right Oden. Yep that'll do it. This will be the lottery pick that really elevates us to world class. The last three years were just warm up picks.

I say why bother tanking and risking more injuries or even an accidental win. We should forfeit our remaining games. Isn't that the more honorable way to tank?

I wish that was an option, I really do. I would gladly exchange a loss for every game left it it guarantees us a number one pick.

• Premium Member

What I am saying is that at some point (regardless to how special the prospect), you have to work with what you got and decide that you will be competitive instead of complacent. We expect to be in the lottery. Listen to the fans. WELFARE MENTALITY...

We have to get to the point, where we expect more out of the players we have. Instead of wishing for the next great player.

• Premium Member

I guess my question would be Why Tank??? It certainly hasn't helped in the past. This team has been bad for a long time and the BK and Woody project has not worked. The BK and Woody thing has had plenty of time and it just hasn't worked.

We need a GM and coach that knows what they are doing, and OH also we need competant ownership. We have NONE of the three!

Listen dammit, why all these tank threads? What do you expect to accomplish by tanking? You canNOT tank this season. Please! Think rational about this. Even if you get Oden, he will be out of Atlanta on the first flight of free agency. Hell he might even force the Hawks to trade him on draft night the way Francis did Toronto.

Tanking doesn't solve anything. Smart management decisions make a great team. Look at how great my team is for example. Won 29 of 31 games, tied in the lost column for the best record in the league, have the greatest offensive effectiency in league history and the 7th best defense in the NBA. We have dynasty in the making and its all due to us having a great GM that reconizes talent. BK is the idiot holding you guys back. Josh Childress? Josh Smith? Marvin 'my god' Williams? Shelden Williams???? Who the hell would draft these bums top 10?? Not even the Bobcats were that stupid and look at them now. They have a good nucleus and have beaten some quality teams this year.

When BK is gone and you guys get a good GM, he'll make smarter decisions in free agency and through the draft. Until then you guys are stuck in suck mode. Not that I'm complaining because I do want that 4th or 5th pick this year. But if I was a Hawks fan I would be ticked at what management is doing to your organization. Protest the Hawks until they make some serious changes. Get Kiki or someone in the front office and lose the trash known as BK.

Quote:

We have dynasty in the making and its all due to us having a great GM that reconizes talent. BK is the idiot holding you guys back.

I hate to feed a troll but this is also hilarious. The genius behind the suns team was indeed the GM. His name is Bryan Colangelo and he has left for Toronto. Enjoy your decline because this will be as good as it gets. Nash will be slowing down in a year or two and you no longer have the great GM to fix things.

I wish we could at least get informed trolls.

And just to add... How is Phoenix a dynasty team when they barely beat the Lakers and Clippers in the frst round. They always get their asses kicked by better teams like Dallas and San Antonio. Don't you have to win like 3 out of 4 championships to be considered a dynasty?

they are not a dynasty, they haven't even been to the finals. He better hope they win a title within the next 2 years because once Nash starts slipping the whole franchise will be done for about 10 years..

Amare will be exposed.. Marion will be exposed.. Diaw will DEFINITELY be exposed.. Barbosa will show he can't run a team for 35-40 mpg.

Now Amare and Marion are still good players, but nowhere near as good as they are with Nash. Remember all that Marion trade talk before they got Nash??