• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Again..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Theo to San Antonio for Smitty/1st.

San Anton does this. They are looking to get Kidd this summer. And Robinson is retiring.

Theo/Duncan/Bowen/Gircek/Kidd. Would be quite a starting 5.

We get Smitty. Cap Relief. AND Next yr we can resign him for Cheap. Moreover, a first. IF San Anton is interested in a FA market, they wouldn't want 1st rounders clogging up their chance.

Second deal is Ham/1st for Heywood.

Say what you want. Heywood could be a C that gives us all that we need. We're probably talking about the first from Indy. I think Washington might bite.

Already... we have a team that's good but we have a glut at PG/SG.

JT/Dickau/Wilks

Smitty/Glover/Ira

Big Dog/CC

SAR/Hendu

Heywood/Nazr

I would make 1 more trade involving JT and would use him to move Hendu.

I have mention: JT/Hendu for Fizer/Crawford/Erob... But there's another trade out there that can help us.

Any thoughts?

I'd trade SAR and Puppy Dog we need rid of the

contracts.I'd send Reef to a team that is already

playoff bound but I really don't care were we ship

puppy dog.

I'd offer JT a low contract and if he doesn't want

to get a deal done get rid of him.There is no need

in keep SAR and Puppy Dog on a rebuilding team.

If San Antonio is interested in Kidd, how does that make them likely to trade an ending contract for a more expensive one that has two more years on it?

And who is Gircek? Are you talking about the Grizzlies player?

Also, Ham/1st for Heywood would be absolutely laughed at by the Wizards. MJ wouldn't consider that deal for a single second, nor should he.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

If San Antonio is interested in Kidd, how does that make them likely to trade an ending contract for a more expensive one that has two more years on it?

Well, David Robinson and Smitty and a few more Spurs have ending contracts. However, just looking at Robinson and Smitty... That's about 24-25 million dollars in cap room. BUT, the only C that the Spurs would have is M. Rose. While he's big, he doesn't fill all the needs that the Spurs have for C. Theo does. Theo is a shot blocker. Next to Duncan... a frontline of Theo/Duncan/Bowen would be the best defensive frontline since the Spurs championship team. It has been said that San Antonio will go after Kidd plus another free agent. Well, I think that Theo is better at 10 million than any other free agent C save Oneal that will hit the market next yr.

It isn't as simple as going after Jason Kidd and another free agent. They want to keep the cap room so they can resign Tim Duncan, who has a player option after the season he will most certainly exercise, and go after Jason Kidd. Both will get max deals, which means they have to have around $24-25 million cleared to do that.

They won't do that deal.

Philadelphia would do a deal for Theo though. They will be more than willing to trade Derrick Coleman's expiring contract and a 1st round pick for Theo.

• Premium Member

You make it sound like Duncan's still on his rookie contract? Duncan's making about 2 million More than Theo now... Therefore... Again. There's room to do all three. Also, there are more SA players with ending contracts.

There are a number of FAs out there that they will be able to go after besides Kidd and they [censored] sure are not about to tie up cap room with Theo. Who says that Jermaine O'Neal won't want to go down to SA and play with TD? There will be other options as well. A team trying to clear cap room is not going to take Theo. I am not opposed to trading him (or anyone else for that matter) in the right deal, I just don't see SA spending that kind of money on Theo with better possibilities still out there.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the team's allowed to go over teh cap to resign their own player. Therefore, if they signed Kidd first, I'm sure that Duncan would resign...