• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

would we have more wins with Dion as a starter

Blunt91

Even though we lost it still is quite evident that Dion should be playing in the starting lineup on a fulltime basis. The coaching staff gave us excuses such as Dion doesn't play well enough on the defensie end, well Newble's Defense hasn't been that great this year. Just think if Dion would have been starting more this year we wouldn't have such a terrible record as we have now. If the coaching staff didn't know before they know now that glove needs to start, the sad part is that it took an injury to Newble before the coaching staff could realize this.

Let's let Dion put together a string of consecutive well played games before we go saying that he should have been starting all along. If he plays well against the Kings, then that may indeed have been a possibility.

It's always been obvious though that Dion plays better when he starts than when he comes off the bench.

Yes Dion played his heart out and his 3 point accuracy is much improved from last year. He played aggressive, he hustled, everyone played tonight with great intensity and that is what we all like to see. Even though if we lose, but we play like this, I dont fault them, they played their hearts off tonight, of course after halftime. On another note, I dont know about you guys, but I really like this benjamin kid, he is definitely a keeper, he brings alot to the table. Now maybe it was a blessing in disguise, but if Big Dog wouldn't of been thrown out the game, Do you think we would of still see Benjamin play? probably not. I like him, I like him alot.

Now to Terry Stotts, I think he made a couple of bad coaching calls. First he put Benjamin in the position with the ball, No way in [censored] do you put a player you just signed that same day in that position, the only guy in the court that should of had the ball was JT. Another thing, why did we go away from Reef in the 2nd OT? Beats me, he was being doubled team all night long, but it was also creating open shots for others. Last but not least, I thought Stotts did terrible with this one. He ad Benjamin on Wells on thge last shot, which is perfectly fine, Benjamin seems like a did pretty d@mn good defender, but when Bonzi had the ball at the top of key with like 7 secs left, he should of send Nazr flying at him with his hands up in there air and let Bonzi find the open man which was Dale Davis, and I surely will take my chances with Dale than Bonzi. I thought those were the keys to our loss tonight.

• Premium Member

It's been hard on Dion. First off being left on the bench for 3 seasons. Let's see if Dion can play in about 3 more games with the start. I have always stated that Dion was the player we had with the most potential. However, if he stays on the bench while Ty Corbin Jr. or JT plays SG... then it benefits him or us none.

Dion gave us some pretty good D last night, but these guys are'nt going to win games until they can pull out some clutch stops. Perfect example was last night, the guys got their offense going to stay in the game but in the last seconds as Wells drove the lane and Reef yet again asleep on D failed to rotate to give help in time, result an easy flip-in to put it on ice. We can score and score and score and score but if we can't make a stop when it counts (and I'd say that a defensive stand in the last 14 seconds counts as much as any time) all the offense in the world won't stop the ship from sinking. Ask the Kings or the Mavs how far an offense only philosophy will get you. Is it expecting too much to ask that your highest paid players show a little D for their money?