• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Getting Andre' Miller might be realistic?

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you look at the circumstances, LAC is playing worst than anyone could have ever figured. PLUS, they have a whole lot of players who will be up for payment. Of them... Brand, Odom, Miller, Maggette, and Khandi are their big draws. Well, Sterling hates giving out money especially when his team is losing...

My thought is I wonder if we can get Miller with Picks?

Well, my first thought is JT + a First.

Mathematically, what LAC has gained is a first round pick. It's going to be hard to keep Dre' from going to Utah in the off season. BUT.....He may be swayed....If not, he still could bring something via sign and trade...

Second... Two first rounders and Email for Dre'. Sterling might go for this too. Again, he gets two picks (probably high) for Dre'.

But if the JT trade would go through:

Dre', Benjamin, Grob, SAR, and Theo? Not a world beater squad, but good enough to win some games.

• Admin

JT would actually fit better with LA Clippers then here. SInce they have Lamar Odom who likes to set the offence up, JT can start at the PG spot but play more of an off guard role. They also have big guards Jaric and Dooling who can play the point and let JT play the SG when they are in together.

Miller is the perfect fit for Atlanta. He can get his shot off when needed, I watched a few Clipper games in the last couple of weeks and he can score. It is just that they have so many scorers right now he doesn't need to. However, we also have SAR and Dog to do that so Miller can become a third or forth option here and that would be fine. More importantly he can smoothly run an offence...something that JT is not adept at. In Clipper land they have too many people wanting to run the offence and as a result they don't have an identity. Here, Miller would be the man and I think SAR, Dog and the team would really benefit.

If we could make that trade, I would in a heartbeat.

• Admin

he's not going to resign with them simply because of money. Sterling isn't going to pay him. Miller was brought in to be "the difference maker". He was supposed to bring the control and play making smarts they lacked. He hasn't done it. I think he would be a great fit here, with Grob and Reef. I don't know if we have what it takes to get him though. I would also be weary of him bolting after the season and leaving us with nothing.

the problem they have is too many forwards so if they make a trade, it will be to get rid of one of those or maybe candyman..

if i had the choice to pick one guy to trade to get that we have a reasonable chance of getting, it would be for andre miller...but i'd like to keep jt if we could do that...maybe trade theo, some 1sts for miller and candyman...

then if we still couldn't win, i'd become a orlando magic fan..

money is always the issue with the clipps that is true...

my question is why would they take JT? you can bet that JT won't get any more money from the clipps than miller would so he would just go FA the same time as miller would...

in fact they probably would have a better chance signing miller since I believe that he is from southern cali...

• Admin

He's a good ball player, but he's not a good 1 or 2. NOt a good 1 because he can't run an offense, not a good 2 because he's a shrimp. JT will fetch a lower price on the market than Miller, any day of the week. They could offer him something reasonable and then they've got a slightly above average PG for a few years.

Sterling will (probably, though you can never count on him for anything) Brand and Odom. Kandi's gone, we all know that...and I wouldn't want him.

check the insider, here's where they stand:

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

Expires in 2003: Michael Olowokandi ($6 mil); Elton Brand ($4.9 mil); Lamar Odom ($3.5 mil); Eric Piatkowski ($3 mil.); Sean Rooks ($2.6 mil); Andre Miller ($2.5 mil.); Corey Maggette ($2.1 mil); Wang Zhizhi ($1.9 mil - Team Option); Marko Jaric ($1.7 mil - Team Option)

Expires in 2004: Keyon Dooling ($2.3 mil); Quentin Richardson ($1.8 mil)

Piatowski now holds the most games ever played for the franchise...

take your pick, but they really like Jaric...Miller's gone