• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Love from ESPN News

Dragitoff

Look at the standings today and see who Atlanta is tied with? The Bucks. Technically they are % points ahead of the Hawks because they have one more win and one more less than we do, but here's the thing. Last night, I got home from church just in time to see the final 6 minutes of the Hawks game. I flipped over to ESPN News to catch the scores of the other games and they showed how close the Eastern Conference playoff race was. They showed the teams who were the current 6, 7, and 8 seeds along with the teams immediately within striking distance. If the Bucks are 4 games out and so are the Hawks, why would they not include the Hawks in that segment? During 1/2 time of the Jazz/Spurs game, I swear to you, the host of the show (Fred Jones? or something) Said this. "And the Hawks are trying to complete their first winning month in nearly two years".....then he mumbled, mumbled mind you and said very fast where you could barely understand him."Which they did". The non-love is hilarious. Yeah, we've sucked for years and still aren't championship contending team, but C'mon.

I agree with the posters who say that we haven't earned respect yet. However, I'd like to add this:

Of all the teams in the East who would not be in the playoffs if the season ended today, we are the only team over .500 in our last ten games!

A lot of that could be due to SOS. It's still a pleasing thing to see smile.gif

I'd much rather see this team get on a tear and maybe fall just a little short of the playoffs to maybe shed this negative loser mentality about the franchise and to give us something to build on for next year as opposed to tanking and taking our chances with the lottery cause' that's been working ever so great for us!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd much rather see this team get on a tear and maybe fall just a little short of the playoffs to maybe shed this negative loser mentality about the franchise and to give us something to build on for next year as opposed to tanking and taking our chances with the lottery cause' that's been working ever so great for us!

Wait a minute..........You want the Hawks to play well but not make the palyoffs for a draft pick AND you want the media to give the Hawks love???????????Hmmmmm..........

No, first of all, I'd love the Hawks to make the playoffs above anything. I was saying, I'd rather this team play hard and make a run of it than to simply tank the season and pray we get a lottery pick when our luck hasn't exactly been great with any of our lottery picks. I think the confidence of winning some games and maybe making the playoffs or even barely missing out on the playoffs would help us so much going into next season. I'd rather see this team spend some money on a vet big man than take a gamble on one in the draft.

We aren't going to get the calls from the refs and we aren't going to garner any national attention because our franchise has been the laughing stock of the league for over half a decade.

That's just the way it is.

We are going to have to overcome the adversity of biased calls against us and make a playoff run, and then like Mike Holmgreen told the Seahawks, "If we win they have to talk about us."

Quote:

OK Dragitoff, you live in Phoenix don't you? grin.gif

If we do that all we do is give Phoenix a good draft pick. The odds of us "falling just a little short of the playoffs" and still getting a top 3 pick are pretty slim. I guess Noah would fit right in the Suns lineup.

I suppose giving up on the season and us losing 90% of the games left in the season gives our guys so much confidence moving forward into 2007/2008 season. We also have the best luck in the draft so we should really take our chances with that. It's worked wonderfully for us in the past. I guess you're not tired of watching the team lose every night and being the laughing stock of the NBA? Do you honestly think one player (that no one even knows if they're gonna' enter the draft) is gonna' take this team straight to the top? We've got talent on this team that we can build around. We don't have to look for a saviour in the draft. That's what has been killing this franchise for years and will continue if they listened to moronic ideas like "tanking". This young kids need confidence and to shed the label as "Worst Team in the NBA". They need to taste victory and a playoff run. If they make it to the playoffs, it will be the greatest thing to happen to this franchise in a very long time, but if they fall a little short, they'll want it that much more next season.

I think we are in violent agreement. I thought you were advocating playing hard but trying to hold back just enough to stay in the lottery. I'd rather they give it all they've got and get into the playoffs if they can. The only time I'd buy into tanking is if we are near the bottom with a few weeks left - and then I wouldn't like it.

No, I could care less about the lottery because I think we're better off when we pick higher anyways. Josh Smith is our 2nd best player and he was picked higher in the draft. I want this team to win and make the playoffs. I was simply saying I'd rather this team give everything they've got an maybe fall just a little short of making the playoffs rather than blow the rest of the season for the "chance" at getting a low pick that may or may not make ANY difference to this team