• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Season is Over!

TroyMcClure

Quote:

That makes you a Narcissistic GM wannabe.

Do you realize you just described yourself? I haven't been on this board for a gazillion years like you guys but I think the record is in Walter's favor.

Basically, he has come to the realization, I guess, that this Ownership/GM/Coach mess is such a force that only a Top pick caliber player can offset that in any way. Personally, I think that may not be enough.

You on the other hand, have a different agenda seemingly every 5 minutes. It's like you can't remember what you said previously. Maybe your 18,000 posts have something to do with that.

The record speaks for itself. Whatever you thought could, or should have worked didn't. Any sane fan can see that. We are not a team. We are a mess.

Walter sees this. Why is he penalized by guys like you and northside, etc. for having the ability to know what constitutes good basketball, and a good basketball team?

I'm totally serious and would like all this trash talk to stop between the two of you.

My main question is this: Has he been wrong about what would happen? Have you?

I'm to the point where I watch and root for the players individually.

You can't root for something you don't respect. Unless you don't respect yourself.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll refrain from reading your hateful, ignorant post because as you can see from the post's title still being "Diesel, did you take the Oden bet or not?" you are hurt by my highlighting your own personal weakness when it comes to backing up what you say and all you can do is make a disengenious, baseless personal attack. I'm actually a little suprised. Your attack of my fandom is no better than the attacks accusing you of lacking patriotism I assume you faced as a objector to the war in Iraq. In short, you have proven you are no better than those you hate and you have proven it in the context of basketball not war.

I will say this. My Hawk team and player assessments have been more accurate, more consistent, and more sophisticated than yours. I currently believe this franchise MUST make the difficult decision to try to keep its pick this year or else it will not contend for many, MANY years. Even with the pick it may not, but it is the single most important means towards franchise relevance much less title contention. A better GM and coach would also be imperative IMO.

You even conceed that ownership will not spend anywhere near $8 million this offseason if anything. While I doubt $8 million and the Indy pick could solve this team's problems, I know without $8 million we have absolutely no shot of significantly improving the team. I think we all would agree with that assessment.

The question then returns to whether this team is good enough as is to not need significant improvement in order to contend or whether it NEEDS considerable, significant help in multiple areas at multiple positions. Outside of this forum and extreme Hawk fan bias I think that such a question would be an unqualified "NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!".

You don't. That doesn't make you a poor fan, just wrong.

What makes you a poor man is that you can't handle being wrong or being embarassed by your own many mistakes without displaying the type of behavior and making the sort of disengenious, baseless attacks you are displaying and making now. I guess you have to live with yourself. I don't.

W