• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: JT's future in Atlanta

I've never posted a poll before, but I thought the time was warranted. Everyone's questioning what this team should do, from trades and who to trade, to sticking with what we have and working on things for the rest of the season and re-evaluate in the early offseason.

I'm a huge JT fan, but it's become apparent to me that he can't be a prototypical pg that we want him to be. Many teams are doing something similar and pairing a good ball handler/ deep shooter in the backcourt to handle bringing the ball up the court with a non-prototypical pg.

Personally, I want to keep JT, as a sg. Hopefully that's just not letting my emotions get in the way, but I'd rather trade someone else (GRob, but that's another story)

It's difficult to say at this time.

I watched Golden State play last night. I watch Sacramento play earlier in the week. I've watched Houston play on a couple of occasions. None start a point guard that is your prototype pass first point guard. Last night, in watching Gilbert Arenas play for Golden State, I saw striking similarities between the games of Arenas and Terry. I don't consider Mike Bibby to be a true point guard. Steve Francis definitely isn't a true point guard. In the game I saw Houston play, the announcer was talking about how Houston doesn't feed the ball into the post very well because their guards (Francis and Mobely) take all the shots.

Last night, John Thompson and Danny Ainge used the term "guard" when describing Gilbert Arenas.

I personaly think Mike Bibby is an overrated player, and that he wouldn't be in the media eye if he didn't have Webber, Stojakovic, and Divac around him. IMO, Bobby Jackson is a better player than Bibby.

Francis is a tremendous scoring point guard that can make people around him better because he draws so much attention, but he also forces things and leads the NBA in turnovers per game right now.

IMO, you bring JT back, but you bring him back as a guy who is going to play both positions. Some nights he may see more time at shooting guard, and some nights he may see most of his time at point guard like against Portland.

when the Hawks did everything they could to draft Dickau they almost sealed JTs fate as our starting PG. I really think that he will be traded and if not he will be our SG of the future, but where does that put DJ? If Dickau developes like most pro scouts think and if DJ is able to come back and be an EJ type of SG for us, that leaves JT without a position and he will be demanding a contract far too high for a guy without a position. So unless Dickau really falters and DJ isnt able to come back, I dont see JT being a Hawk past this season.

He suffered a spinal injury, not a joint injury. The spine can (as far as I know) heal itself if it isnt completely severed. I think and I am sure he thinks that he will be fully recovered from that. He will also have gained a perspective on his life and will really work hard for what he has lost. He will also be 2 years older when he comes back than what he was last year and will be fighting for a roster spot and a new contract. I really believe that the best of him is still in front of him and we will reap the benefits from it. I look forward to the day when DJ is our stud defender again on the perimeter.

I dont know what you guys see in Dickau. I think JT runs the point better, Dickau does have a bit better vision, but he is kind of slow footed and JT can break a defense anytime, and that is always nice to have. Look at these list of PG's that can break any defense down at any given time.

J. Kidd

G. Payton

S. Marbury

S. Nash

S. Francis

J. Terry

There is a couple more out there, and all these guys create problems for teams, and that is what JT does, always creates problems for ooponents.

was designed to be. They are supposed to be the floor general. They are supposed to look first at getting their teammates the ball to score and not look to score for themselves first. Of course Stockton and Dre are probably the only prototypical PGs left (even though Kidd is the best he still looks to shoot more than PGs were designed to do). I think we can be successful with JT if he takes care of the ball, but he doesnt always do that. I think that the team was just really motivated the past 2 games from playing 2 very good teams. Give Dickau some time and you will see why most pro scouts believe he has a bright future ahead of him.

have drafted Dickau though. He was drafted because the team really needed a guy who can run the offense, look to get his teammates involved first, and has natural PG instincts. I hope JT does so great that Dickau never has the chance to replace him, but I wouldnt expect it to happen.

If thats your opinion then sorry ARR you dont know much about what a PG is supposed to be. Dickau is a rookie and is very raw, not to mention he has only played in what, 10 games or so? This kid is a natural PG and in a year or two is going to be very good. He plays balls to the wall when he is on the court and he has the natural ability to find the players at the right time with the ball and in the right position most of the time. He still needs to learn the offense, get adjusted to the NBA game, and become more comfortable with his teammates, but he definitely has the potential to be very good.

If thats your opinion then sorry ARR you dont know much about what a PG is supposed to be. Dickau is a rookie and is very raw, not to mention he has only played in what, 10 games or so? This kid is a natural PG and in a year or two is going to be very good. He plays balls to the wall when he is on the court and he has the natural ability to find the players at the right time with the ball and in the right position most of the time."

Tell that to Baron Davis and Steve Francis

Plus he was drafted by Pete and he is a very boring guy.

would you rather have someone who is boring and wins championships or someone who is electrifying but doesnt help the team win? I am not saying that Dickau is going to be great but from what I have seen I definitely believe that he has a top flight natural PG instinct and although he isnt the most talented player in the league, he is going to be around for a long while because he is intelligent and doesnt back down from anyone.

By the way what have Baron Davis and Steve Francis won?

They are going to be several time allstars while Dickau

plays behind a bum like Mike Wilks.Dickau isn't even

getting time on the third worst team in the league.

He will be this in two years....he will be that in two years...

that is what was said about DJ and all he ended up being

good for was a 3pt role player.

PG's will always be able to take Dickau because he is a

scrany little wimp.

"doesnt back down from anyone. "

If he got into a fight he'd get mauled.He was lucky

Richard Jefferson didn't lay the whipping on him.

Atleast Baron and Francis teams are playing for something.

Dickau is a 2PPG 3APG bum.He can't even play ahead

of Mike Wilks.

And yet you used toclaim Reef was a top PF when he

can't even get his [censored] team to the playoffs.Any your

asking what Francis and Davis have won?lol

would you rather have someone who is boring and wins championships or someone who is electrifying but doesnt help the team win? "

So Dan is going tolead the Hawks to a title?lol

Was Magic Johnson boring?Was Thomas boring?

We have a roster full of boring players and they will

be lucky to win 20 games.

I am not saying that Dickau is going to be great but from what I have seen I definitely believe that he has a top flight natural PG instinct and although he isnt the most talented player in the league,"

And what have you seen to make such a statement?A few

nice passes?[censored] Brevin Knight can make those passes and

he is abackup.