• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tomorrow: Statement game for JJ

BHayley

So every NBA fan who has half a brain knows that JJ is more talented than half the all stars chosen this year and that he is one of the most complete players in the game.

So he's had big games the last 2 games. But tomorrow night he faces a true superstar in Kobe. I'd love to see JJ go inch for inch with Kobe and to pull his Hawks to a victory at home. Granted, half the crowd will probably be Kobe's fans, but we gotta pull this win out and show all the coaches what a snub this was. I can't believe J.Kidd and Carter are both all-stars over Joe

Quote:

The more interesting match-up I want to see is Lamar Odom and Josh Smith. I don't think Smith can shut him down, but if he can slow him down that will be amazing. Odom is just such a versatile player that he is difficult to guard. Smith has a skill-set that will be able to match up but he really has to concentrate this game.

Did you know that Odom and Speedy played together in High School? My heart goes out to Lamar and his family for they're tragic summer.

It would be a wonderful win for the Lakers. It will be very very difficult.

I would hope that MW starts out on Odom and Josh on Kwame or whoever the other forward is (not too sure of Lakers starting 5 right now). Marv did alright keeping Vince from penetrating last game and sometimes Smoove plays too close to his man, picking up a lot of fouls on the dribble. I would much rather see him cheating off others with help D which he is a beast at.

• Premium Member

There were more than a few times, Vince tried to drive. In fact, the play which they called a foul on Smoove, VC had drove down (probably past Marvin) for what could have been a dunk!

Another time ,VC got the ball in the lane and Speedy stole it. There were other times, when He would get the ball close to the basket. He did hit outside shots, but he worked inside just as much.

Quote:

If you think that Joe is even in Kobe's stratosphere, get some one to pass you some smelling salts

I think this is bull unless you're only considering scoring. His 29/5/5 are not insanely better than Joe's 28/4/4. And at this point Joe sees more D focusing on him as he doesn't have Odom and Radmanovich to keep the defense honest.

Kobe is clearly on another level scoring wise, and is more spectacular, but Joe plays better D (Kobe's D has been insanely overrated for years now), and Kobe still can be too selfish although he's better than he used to be.

Kobe is obviously the better player, but they're easily in the same stratosphere. I think Kobe, Wade, JJ, AI, and Ray Allen are the top 5 SGs at this point (counting Gilbert as a PG and Lebron as a SF).

• Premium Member

I think JJ said: I have the ability to be an allstar... and maybe more.

I think when you look at JJ, one thing that he needs to work on is his finish at the basket. JJ rarely dunks and that is something he should have in his arsenal. He had no problem getting to the basket.. it's like "What Now" when he gets there.

I think that the biggest problem I have with Joe right now ... he all too often seems to disappear during key stretches of the game.

I thought he played Kobe well, those laser-arced shots in the 4th notwithstanding ...

but his offense tonight was very inconsistent. Some great passes, nice shooting late to offset an otherwise miserable night shooting the basketball (for him) ...

and with the game on the line in the 4th, Kobe simply took it to another level. Joe tried to chase him there, but he fell short.