• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Season is Over...AGAIN!

TroyMcClure

The point is this wasn't a year that the Hawks were going to win the championship, so why make it a subject THIS year.

Second, winning 35 games is a significant improvement for the team. Guys are learning to win, despite the problems the team has.

If the team makes the playoffs that is a HUGE step forward.

This upcoming off-season is the critical one. Most people before the season begin, including myself, felt that the summer of 07 is when BK has to make significant moves. The pieces he's drafted are now established in terms of NBA talent. Those pieces can now be moved to get a post-presence either on offense or on defense. A post-presence on offense is where I think the Hawks should go. That would help JJ get easier buckets. Defense would also help as we would get easier transition scores.

I see the Hawks in a similar place as the Bulls three years ago. A lot of pieces, but a lot of duplication. The Bulls got better, but traded away two "core" pieces: Chandler and Curry. They signed a big-time FA, but they are still looking to get better. Their backcourt has size issues with Kurt and Gordon.

The point is that the Bulls used their pieces to get what they needed to get better, while allowing their youth to develop. The Hawks should and are doing the same thing.

The Belkin debacle has really hurt the team, IMO. The past summer we would have gotten more for Harrington if Belkin hadn't done what he has. Now BK has to deal with those problems on top of some probable mis-steps (though I am not ready to throw him under the bus, yet).

Does that answer your question, Soth?

Well again, I think you are probably wrong about a championship. This team does have the talent to compete for whatever, if they stay together until they all mature. BK may have not put together all the right pteces, but he has brought together a lot of talent and character. Character is the ace in the hole when you talk about competing at the highest level.

It seems the Bulls had a pretty good run with journeyman insertions at PG/C.

Quote:

There is no chance in the world this team as its presently constructed could ever win a title let alone make the playoffs or seriously contend in them. We need a dynamic franchise player and tanking to get Oden will give us that. With the ownership situation like it is that is the ONLY chance we have to make that kind of move.

If you think Oden is a franchise player then we have been watching different players. I need my franchise 7'0 center to avg more that 14/9. And don't give me Shaq freshmen numbers because Oden was supposed to be infinitely more polished as a player than Shaq ever was at his age. If we get Oden we'd have to wait another 3 years for development. Which means that the Joshes will be gone, Joe will be gone and it will be Oden and the scrubs left over, playing for the Las Vegas Hawks.

• Premium Member

Yes, we all know freshmen centers in a big time conference should average better than a near double double with only one hand. What was I thinking?

And for the earlier posts sorry to burst your BK bubbles fellas but this team is "as is" will never do anything in the NBA. Busts in Marvin and Shellhead, complete duds in Claxton, a decent backup center in Zaza doesn't cut the mustard.

Quote:

Please change your handle. You live in a dream world. When we speak of the "real" state of the Hawks, you don't want to know. Why? Are you afraid? Go to NBA.com, read a paper. The stats are everywhere except in your head.

ok. You get your info from nba.com.

Now I know why you haven't said one original thought on this forum.

Quote:

If you think that this Joe Johnson led team that will be around 20 wins by all star break is in the same ballpark as the 04-05 team that won 13 games the whole season, you must not be watching the same games as me, and I would have to seriously question your understanding of the game.

13, 31 what's the difference? Joe Johnson. What else? Joe is only one man. Smoove has serious potential, but is a poor man defender. He loses his man and makes way too many mistakes. Marvin does not have the attitude to be a "star". Chill is good but shoots like a 6 year old and can't even attempt certain j's because the defender is too close.(He shoots it from roughly shoulder level)Shellhead is such a wuss it's not even funny. He's no Christian Laetner. Which isn't sayin' much. He has no fire whatsoever.

There you have it.

Quote:

Quote:

Please change your handle. You live in a dream world. When we speak of the "real" state of the Hawks, you don't want to know. Why? Are you afraid? Go to NBA.com, read a paper. The stats are everywhere except in your head.

How stupid are you? Sorry I mentioned the website of the league that you are supposed to love.

Bring something to the table or shut up.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How stupid are you? Sorry I mentioned the website of the league that you are supposed to love.

Bring something to the table or shut up.

I guess you don't know that hard core basketball fans, like those that go to the forums regularly, rarely mention nba.com as their information source. A person who hasn't learnt to masterbate yet shouldn't visit s&m clubs.

Quote:

13, 31 what's the difference? Joe Johnson. What else? Joe is only one man. Smoove has serious potential, but is a poor man defender. He loses his man and makes way too many mistakes. Marvin does not have the attitude to be a "star". Chill is good but shoots like a 6 year old and can't even attempt certain j's because the defender is too close.(He shoots it from roughly shoulder level)Shellhead is such a wuss it's not even funny. He's no Christian Laetner. Which isn't sayin' much. He has no fire whatsoever.

There you have it.

I wonder why you waste your time following this 13 win pathetic team filled with losers?

Quote:

Yes, we all know freshmen centers in a big time conference should average better than a near double double with only one hand. What was I thinking?

And for the earlier posts sorry to burst your BK bubbles fellas but this team is "as is" will never do anything in the NBA. Busts in Marvin and Shellhead, complete duds in Claxton, a decent backup center in Zaza doesn't cut the mustard.

Question: before this season began, would you have advocated tanking?