• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There are only 4 teams with fewer wins than us!

TroyMcClure

Yeah well we also beat some good teams this year as well. Your so-called knowledge of basketball is very questionable if you don't know why this Hawks team is incosistent when we lose to bad teams then turn around and beat the Magic 2 straight. Your a moron

The East is bad. So the Hawks can be close to last place and also a few games out of the playoffs at the same time. If we were in the West then you couldn't say we're only a few games out, but in the East we ARE only a few games out.

If you're just trying to say that we have no chance to actually MAKE the playoffs, then I agree with you. But math is math, and at one pont this week we were less than 4 games out of the playoffs.

Yup, we are within striking distance. I think the biggest barrier to our making the playoffs is that the 8th seed Heat are playing well and will get better. As I've been saying for some time now, a .500 record may not be good enough in the East when it's all finished. The 36-38 wins that hawksfanatic has been preaching will not get it done.

Quote:

Yup, we are within striking distance. I think the biggest barrier to our making the playoffs is that the 8th seed Heat are playing well and will get better. As I've been saying for some time now, a .500 record may not be good enough in the East when it's all finished. The 36-38 wins that hawksfanatic has been preaching will not get it done.

I have posted this before. Our real target can't be Miami. At this point it looks like Orlando. They are falling and Grant Hill is out for 3 weeks. They are thinking about trading him to a contender for something for the future. Good chance they could fall further.

If Magic heats up and Pacers keep it up the best we can hope for is the 9th spot. I am willing to fight for that also. It'll do a world of good to the growth of our youngstars.

Quote:

Quote:

Your a moron

When you're calling someone a "moron", it would be in your best interests not to spell it "Your". Otherwise, we might get confused about who the real moron is.

Sorry about the misspelling but this guy is so negative I think he is related to Walter. It just gets old man! FACTS are the Hawks still have a very good chance to get the 8th seed especially with teams like the Magic and Nets starting to play horrible now.

What is "very good"? 50%? 30%? 10%?

Let's say Orlando wins 38 games (finishing 14-20). Let's say it takes 39 wins to make the playoffs. We're 18-29. We need to go 21-14 (60%) to finish 40-42.

What are the chances the Hawks go 21-14 to finish? It couldn't be more than 10%. It would take a lot of luck, because we're not a .600 team (roughly a 50 win team).

I just don't think that 10% is a "very good chance". That's especially true when you consider how many people think that a 65% shot in the lottery isn't a "very good chance".

Quote:

What is "very good"? 50%? 30%? 10%?

Let's say Orlando wins 38 games (finishing 14-20). Let's say it takes 39 wins to make the playoffs. We're 18-29. We need to go 21-14 (60%) to finish 40-42.

What are the chances the Hawks go 21-14 to finish? It couldn't be more than 10%. It would take a lot of luck, because we're not a .600 team (roughly a 50 win team).

I just don't think that 10% is a "very good chance". That's especially true when you consider how many people think that a 65% shot in the lottery isn't a "very good chance".

If we tie Magic, we will have the tie-breaker. 20-15 is definitely possible with no further major injury. Check our March-April schedule.

I know. We keep having this same discussion. The kids need to learn to win, etc.

Please let me know you understand what the tank crowd is saying. It's not that we disagree with that statement. YES, scrapping for wins will help us be a touch better next year. YES, we would probably make the playoffs the subsequent year.

HOWEVER, the problem is that all the character in the world will not win you a title on its own in the NBA. Every championship winner in the last 25 years has had at least a dominant defensive post presence. Most have had a dominant offensive post presence. The exceptions to the post offense are the Pistons who had 2 world-class post defenders at the 4/5 and the Bulls who had the best player of all time.

Please tell me you understand this position. This team may get better, but it won't really *contend* without the acquisition of a game-changing post player. Trade for Gasol! Tank! Two options. All the talk of "teaching the kids how to win" is a bunch of nothing unless you get that big man. And no, you can't just say "we'll pick him up later". They are very rarely available.

• Premium Member

CBA, I don't think anyone misunderstands the arguments.

What we don't understand is why the so-called "pro-tank" crowd gives their own ideas any credence when it's clear the actual players, coach, and management are not interested.

Why discuss tanking when the Hawks themselves have ruled it out as an option?

Are you still mad that you made yourself look like an idiot a few weeks ago? Remember, you said the Hawks only made the playoffs a "couple" times in the 90's. I've got nothing against you. Why are you calling me a moron while being grammatically incorrect yourself? Whatever. You may think I'm negative. I think I'm positive, because I can realize what the things are that need to be changed. You have no idea. Some of us were Hawks fans before J.T.. We know where the wheels fell off the track.

Do you call yourself Gutzy because you don't have a brain?

How can there be anything positive about being the team with the 5th worst record in basketball and two of the teams below you, own you? That really only leaves TWO, count em' TWO teams that we can legitimately claim to be better than.

Those are the effing facts. Stop with the personal attacks.

Quote:

How can there be anything positive about being the team with the 5th worst record in basketball and two of the teams below you, own you? That really only leaves TWO, count em' TWO teams that we can legitimately claim to be better than.

You're 100% right. We are the oldest team in the league, we haven't had any injuries all season, and we haven't lost countless close games to great teams due to inexperience, sad..

Quote:

CBA, I don't think anyone misunderstands the arguments.

What we don't understand is why the so-called "pro-tank" crowd gives their own ideas any credence when it's clear the actual players, coach, and management are not interested.

Why discuss tanking when the Hawks themselves have ruled it out as an option?

i'm still trying to figure that out myself....i might as well go outside and cheer on a bag of money falling out of the sky.

Quote:

Quote:

You're 100% right. We are the oldest team in the league, we haven't had any injuries all season, and we haven't lost countless close games to great teams due to inexperience, sad..

I am 100% right. Countless close games? Please smirk.gif

In November we had 3 close losses.(Sea, Shaqless Mia, Was) In December we had 2 close losses.(Chi, Utah,)

In January we had 1 close loss.(Chicago again)

Where are the great teams you are talking about?

By the way, I can count. It adds up to 6. 7, if you count the 7 point loss to Kobe and the band. I don't.

This is what you said.

Quote:

I don't see anything about " last youngest team to make the playoffs "

I don't know or care.

I don't care about youngest.

I don't care about injuries. Every team has them.

I'm sorry that you are such a poor, facilitating fan.