• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who said JJ isn't clutch?

exodus

Quote:

Quote:

WTF have you been watching all year?

I am going to have to do a clutch log for JJ so you guys will stop this nonsense. You said he is just a jump shooter yet he just hit the go ahead shot last night taking it to th basket.

Just a few days ago JJ scored 17 in the 4th quarter against the Suns even though he had been off all game.

you are talking about 1 shot out of 19.

actually 6 of his 19 were in the paint which is probably a decent ratio. not great, but decent.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=270214012

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he just hit the go ahead shot last night taking it to th basket.

A floater is not exactly "taking it to the hoop".

He needs to be a tad more like D-Wade. Joe does not use his own strength enough.

Splitting two defenders and shooting a 3 footer isn't taking it to the hoop?

rolleyes.gif

I didn't see it. He obviously made the right decision. You play right? You know the difference between your body's momentum on a floater and a hard drive to the basket. When you do the floater, you are counting on your shot alone to get points.You are saying I don't want any contact. Which draws fouls. You don't need much of a shot when you drive it hard for a layup.

I have been laughed at in the gym so much because I've said many times I think Joe is better than D-Wade. Joe can really catch and shoot. I think that is where he is clearly better than Wade. That's what's so funny about this. I think Joe is everything you could ask for.(almost)

Quote:

Quote:

WTF have you been watching all year?

I am going to have to do a clutch log for JJ so you guys will stop this nonsense. You said he is just a jump shooter yet he just hit the go ahead shot last night taking it to th basket.

Just a few days ago JJ scored 17 in the 4th quarter against the Suns even though he had been off all game.

you are talking about 1 shot out of 19.

So are you trying to say that was the only time he did that all game? JJ does that all the time. He beat Orlando in crunch time with the exact same shot. That shot is what gave Lue the chance to win the game at NJ.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He needs to be a tad more like D-Wade. Joe does not use his own strength enough.

rolleyes.gif

I didn't see it. He obviously made the right decision. You play right? You know the difference between your body's momentum on a floater and a hard drive to the basket. When you do the floater, you are counting on your shot alone to get points.You are saying I don't want any contact. Which draws fouls. You don't need much of a shot when you drive it hard for a layup.

I have been laughed at in the gym so much because I've said many times I think Joe is better than D-Wade. Joe can really catch and shoot. I think that is where he is clearly better than Wade. That's what's so funny about this. I think Joe is everything you could ask for.(almost)

Ex is very defensive with his pet Joe Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

JJ is the best thing we have going for us. I can't understand how people can't appreciate a star on their own team.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ex is very defensive with his pet Joe
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

And i got his back. thumb3d.gif

We all do. grouphug.gif

Yep. Joe has been everything we could have hoped for when that trade was made. One of the things that has most impressed me is the way he has continued to shoot an extremely high % despite drawing MUCH more defensive attention than he did in Phoenix.

As for him being clutch, I think he led the league last year in game winners so he is certainly a weapon down the stretch.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

JJ is the best thing we have going for us. I can't understand how people can't appreciate a star on their own team.

What are you talking about? We all like Joe? Who dislikes Joe?

Don't forget Smoove!

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

What are you talking about? We all like Joe? Who dislikes Joe?

Don't forget Smoove!

One of our posters was saying that JJ was undeserving on an All-Star bid on another thread.

Last night Joe was kinda quiet, didn't take a lot of shots. I think he was like 6-11 at one point in the 3rd quarter. You have to LOVE him for that, because he is not forcing shots. He is so smart, he doesn't shoot bad and highly contested shots and that's why his FG% is so good. Than when you need him at the end of the game like yesterday he delivers. That's what seperates him big time from Shareef. Shareef was not clutch and would shy away in the tight game. Joe is a ultimate team player that makes his teamates better.

PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE HIM TO SHAREEF ANYMORE!!

IT'S DISREPECT TO HIM. viking.gif

Quote:

Last night Joe was kinda quiet, didn't take a lot of shots. I think he was like 6-11 at one point in the 3rd quarter. You have to LOVE him for that, because he is not forcing shots. He is so smart, he doesn't shoot bad and highly contested shots and that's why his FG% is so good. Than when you need him at the end of the game like yesterday he delivers. That's what seperates him big time from Shareef. Shareef was not clutch and would shy away in the tight game. Joe is a ultimate team player that makes his teamates better.

PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE HIM TO SHAREEF ANYMORE!!

IT'S DISREPECT TO HIM.
viking.gif

He's not comparing HIM , I think he is comparing the roles they plyed for us, and how they are different in their execution of those roles.

• Premium Member

Last season JJ was really good. But as good as he was, he came out this year looking even better. Early in the season, I was asking myself could he REALLY be that good. After the first month or so I had pretty much made up my mind.

How coincedental....

I didn't see the final 7 minutes of the 4th, but damn if I didn't have a feeling we were going to win; and I was thinking...

Final game before the All-Star break...

JJ just got named to the team...

If this game is close, they're gonna give him the ball and he's gonna show out.

LOL, wouldn't you know it! Rock on.

bannana_guitar.gifrock_band.gifheadbang.gif

People also forget how many shots JJ has hit with under 20 seconds . . only to see the Hawks being unable to defend on the other end and see the other team score. Then, they expect JJ to bail the team out a 2nd time, with like 2 - 3 seconds left on the clock. He's also had a good number of shots that have tied games at the end.

I know Ex may do a game log, but let just give 2 examples of what I'm talking about, where a play JJ made should've won the game for us, even if he didn't hit the game winner:

Seattle ( loss ) - JJ makes lay-up to put us up 1. Ray Allen makes lay-up with 2 seconds left to put them up 1. JJ missses a 3 pointer that he only has time to catch and shoot. LOL . . I guess that means that JJ isn't clutch, seeing that he missed the last 3. But his lay-up should've won the game in the first place.

Denver ( win ) - A double-teamed JJ finds Shelden in the paint, who makes a good move to get fouled. Shelden hits the 2 FTs and we win the game. JJ didn't get an assist, but his ability to find Shelden essentially won the game for us.

Without JJ, this team wouldn't have 8 wins right now . . if that.

Quote:

Without JJ, this team wouldn't have 8 wins right now . . if that.

It would be ugly.

I also wonder what would have happened if Smith's injury, instead of keeping him out two weeks, was actually season ending. How many wins would we have?

We are 11-8 since he came back.