• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are trying to get a PG...

TexasPete

I just read where the Spurs are trying to move Udrih but we aren't in the deal apparently.

I read on ESPN.com that the Hawks are close to landing a veteran PG and need to move Ivey to make room. That means that Speedy stays...

The Spurs want a back up PG and Udrih is likely to be moved. So, the Hawks want to move Ivey for a second round pick to give the Spurs the insurance they need so they can move Udrih. We also don't need 4 PG's although they all suck.

My guess is we get Anthony Johnson. That would infuriate me at this point.

All it said was we are trying hard to get a veteran PG and we need to move Ivey. The Spurs are trying to move Beno and want a back up.

The article says nothing about Johnson but the Mavs are really trying to move him today. The fact that he played here before and is available is why I'm saying its likely him.

Getting AJ would send the message that the ASG and BK are more interested in filling out a roster than winning. He is the ultimate band aid.

Hawks IMO have to do something because it seems like the Injury to Lue is gonna last all season and Claxton you cant count on this guy hes awful. I hope something gets done I think it has to but I dont think it will hopefully Iam wrong. Claxton is not a guy whose going to take us anywhere he said it himself the knee is messed up when someone comes out and says that you know theres a problem. The guy cant shoot has 1 good game out of 10 we need solid conistent play from our PGs to have chance to win esp. with such a young team and the guys looking for direction.

Quote:

The guy cant shoot has 1 good game out of 10 we need solid conistent play from our PGs to have chance to win.

We have had that same problem for years. BK hasn't been willing/able to fix it before so why would he all of a sudden be willing/able to fix it now?

Quote:

Quote:

Let the season play out with the players we have. Then the truth will be there for all to see.

BK had the chance to fill the holes in the roster last summer and he delivered Speedy, Lo and Shelden. Now it is time for BKs moves to be judged by the w/l column.

The above makes no sense at all.

BK made his bed, let him lay in it. Hopefully he gets fired, like he should have been fired long ago, because of it.

I would also let him lay in it for fear of what this franchise would be laying in if he traded the mattress. I have no confidence in BK. None.

And the reason is two-fold:

1. It is a pointless move. We have two veteran PG's, and he's not an upgrade over either. I'd rather have Royal anyway.

2. BK - and the ASG - will be able to say "See -we were active. We needed a solid PG and we got one, so we're better prepared to make a playoff push."

In their little world, any move constitues a good one.

Let's just hope that "veteran" PG is Luke. I have a sickening feeling it's not.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Let the season play out with the players we have. Then the truth will be there for all to see.

BK had the chance to fill the holes in the roster last summer and he delivered Speedy, Lo and Shelden. Now it is time for BKs moves to be judged by the w/l column.

The above makes no sense at all.

BK made his bed, let him lay in it. Hopefully he gets fired, like he should have been fired long ago, because of it.

I would also let him lay in it for fear of what this franchise would be laying in if he traded the mattress. I have no confidence in BK. None.

Exactly

BK never declared this team "rebuilt". In fact, when I spoke to BK at open practice, before the season even began, he told me that he had every Hawks' scout searching the globe for a permanent solution at the PG position. So to me it makes no sense to pick an arbitrary moment in the rebuilding process and say "you've made enough moves now and we want to make a final judgment in year 3 of a 5 year rebuilding plan."

It would, on the other hand, make sense to say that you're unhappy with the moves he's made so far and don't trust him to make further moves, and therefore he should be fired. That I can definitely understand. But that's different than saying he shouldn't be allowed to make a trade to improve the team. To me it sounds more like you want to watch the team go down in flames so you can say "I told you so."

Quote:

BK never declared this team "rebuilt".

The question isn't whether it's rebuilt. The question is whether it can contend on the rebuilding path it is on. The answer is an unqualified NO. BK has run a good chance at rebuilding aground with lame ideology and hiddeously poor execution, especially on draft day (or a month before if you consider SW).

Most times the critical moment isn't when you declare "done" but when you are done and haven't declared anything. BK may not want to declare he's finished but he can blame himself for being finished and finishing off theis rebuild. It's his failures that led to it.

W