• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hero?!?!?!

Playmaker0017

I mean, I can understand homering your team a little...

I can understand saying: "With the injury to Jason Terry, Wilks really stepped up to the plate to help the Hawks out"

BUT THE MORONS CALLED HIM THE HERO!?

They said Wilks single-handedly kept the Hawks in the game.

They said Wilks played Iverson to a standstill.

Did ANYONE see this tonight?!

I don't know if announcers work on licenses -- but if they do, REVOKE THEM!

Idiots.

If anyone ws the hero tonight it was Big Dog. He played well on both ends (of course the 76ers don't have a sf)... but still.

Play.

I agree we would have not won the game without him. They did say Wilks AND Robinson as "heros".

Wilks definately didnt stop Iverson, he had 37 points. Could have been worst though I guess.

But nobody could have been getting good looks if it werent for Wilks distributing the ball effectivly and getting it to open shooters.

Kudzu,

You people have issuees with adjectives and descriptors and simple factual data. You also seem to have problems with interpreting written things. Almost like your comprehension is nil. Maybe there is something to be said of Georgia schooling.

Anyhow, just because I said Wilks wasn't "the man" tonight, doesn't mean he didn't have a decent game. (If you can call letting your man score darn near 40 on you "a decent game")

It means that his performance was overhyped and overrated. He played below average basketball. He was unable to get the ball to open men. He freaked out when pressure came. He picked up his dribble.

I don't hate the guy. I think he did an admirable job as JTs replacement for a game. But, to say he was the saviour is just ignorant.

Glenn single handedly kept us in the game. He gave all but 2 of the assist to Wilks. THat was simply because he was ON FIRE. Everyone here KNOWS I hate Big Dog, but I give credit where credit is due.

You people have a real issue with constructive criticism. I mean I am certainly not pulling a "HotLantaDude" and crushing people, I am just aghast by our announcers referring to a bench scrub, who had a sub-par performance, as the HERO.

Play.

JTFan,

Actually, Michael Dickerson used to dominate Iverson. Iverson even admitted that he was the best defender he had faced.

Iverson isn't all that great. He shoots FAR too much, and typically misses the vast majority of his shots. He is overhyped in the media, so we feel that he is great.

He shoots less than 40%.

He plays good defense.

Other than that...

But, no, Wilks didn't put him to work on either end. He ended up shooting over his average in percentage. On defense, he owned Wilks with the pressure.

Play.

What's going on? Hawks win and we cry about J.T. not

being able to play due to injury and his replacement,

who is on the last game of his second 10 day contract,

stepping in and doing a very good job of playing the

point.

If we loose, I could understand the negative comments,

but come on, Hawks won! Have we became so accustomed

to being critical that we can't be positive?

Watching J.T. hobble around the court in the last game,

we had to know he was hurting. For those lucky ones

who have never been injured, never played with pain,

it is easy to be critical. If you have never been there,

don't be critical of those who have.

His replacement, a hero? You bet. This kid is not a veteran

player who had to step in and fill J.T's spot. He is a

young man who recently played in the development league

and was asked to play major minutes against one of the

best players in the N.B.A.

The other Hawks responded in a professional manner, which

they should. They stepped up and played the type game

that they are capable of playing. At times the Hawks

had two N.B.D.L. players on the floor and they gave as

good as they got and Hawks won big time.

We don't win many, yet we complain and whine about it

when we do win. Called the wrong player a hero? Come

on, grow up. Give the kid his due. He earned it.

hey where is Hotlanta?

Reef scored when we had the lead dude, how about it! he was a warrior inside, not many rebounds to show for it, but good defense for the most part and he went up strong, drawing some fouls, and made some good passes out of the post. Reef and Glenn played like all stars and Wilks showed poise. give them their due! they are developing chemistry and it shows.

oh yeah reef scored when we had a BIG LEAD so he still isn't the clutch player, you're gonna say......

• Admin

all things considered was the hero. He was the guy that was supposed to be "the weak link" toinght yet he stepped and and played a heck of a game. He was the hero tonight. IF it had been dickau running the point, I doubt we would have won.

Iverson got his, naturally. But for a NBDL player, he did a heck of a job. He showed that he can play in this league and do a very good job. Can he sustain it for 82 games? who knows. But tonight, when we NEEDED HIM THE MOST, he was there.

• Admin

You can't call his game "Sup par" that's a total understatement. The guy had a great game, all things considered. Was he a superstar? NO. But coming into this game, everyone said that we were at a severe disadvantage without JT. Wilkes stepped up and played a [censored] of a game. That's not sub-par at all.

You try to use iverson scoring 37, but [censored] man, Iverson SCORES 37 on career NBA players. Glen won the game for us, NO DOUBT. But wilkes played a part it in. Glen was being used correctly tonight. He was getting the ball at the right time and not being forced to do things that he cannot do. JT rarely makes that happen, wilkes made that happen tonight. Give credit where credit is due.

4-12...and VanHorn never guarded him alone, and still picked up 5 fouls....He was drawing physical double and triple teams all night, taking a lot of punishment and a lot of noncalls due to playing on an enemy court and it burned the 76ers because the Hawks were moving the ball well, Reef has improved his passing...

Wilks game wasn't that great.

2-7 fg 4 turnovers

Puppy Dog still had 4 turnovers.But his shooting

night made Wilks look better than he really is.

We need some bench help.The bench is so unproductive.

I think that is alot of the problem.When Puppy Dog or

Reef have off games the team almost has no shot of

winning because the bench is never there to pick things

up.

he got to the line quite a bit though, and made those count. I'm not saying all's great, but I agree with others, give credit wehre credit is due and admit that this team has shown some signs of life since the Chicago embarassment

Poor Reef he never gets the calls!If Reef hadn't

got to the fouline 14 times his game would have

sucked.His shot has been terrible this month.He

has only shot 41% for Jan.

They could have called even more in favor of Reef...he really has to earn it. He was trying hard in this game...he has shown more motivation lately....or maybe his back is feeling better?

as for the bench....check the box score. The Hawks bench only managed 14 points but the 76ers bench only managed 6....the Hawks bench prevailed.

I'll take that.