• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone notice the ASG just traded for an All-Star?

TroyMcClure

To bad he doesn't play basketball. The Thrashers just got Keith Tkachuk. He's a 4 time All Star, I think. The Thrashers have pretty good people at the top. The ASG got lucky. This is why they don't seem to care about the Hawks. They've got a good hockey team. I don't really know what I'm trying to say, but it's really sad when they can build a winner with the Thrashers and no one plays hockey here. Kids play basketball all over the state and we've got the Hawks.

All I'm saying is the Thrashers got an All-Star.

The Hawks got Anthony Johnson.

doh.gif

I said similar things before Troy...and you are right. This is why we need Belkin. He wants to own an NBA team. These other white guys like the Hockey. No caring or understanding of basketball. Others will say ML is different - give me a guy like Belkin....loves basketball and is mean smart.

Quote:

All I'm saying is the Thrashers got an All-Star.

The Hawks got Anthony Johnson.

doh.gif

...and JS will. It's past down to the wire for BK and all he does is entirely miss the mark and further dissappoint.

He is to a franchise's health what MSG and poly-unsaturated fat is to ours. His empty ideology is empty calories. His enormous portion size of swing-players deprives the team vital nutrients like vitamin Center.

I hope we get healthy soon. He's a tape worm.

W

Quote:

Yeah the ASG definitely didn't acquire an all star in Joe Johnson. Nope that didn't happen, they must not care about basketball.

And I'm sure it's the owners making the moves and not the GMs. Yup, that must be how it happens.

Can you read? We got Joe 2 years ago. The context is the trade deadline and how you can improve your team. I said the ASG got lucky with their good management on the Hockey side. You are a first class tool. You just couldn't wait to try and say something negative to me.

So what was the point of your stupid post? We're all waiting.

do you know what the thashers gave up for Keith Tkachuk? let's see...

a 2007 first round pick

a 2007 third round pick

a 2008 second round pick

Defenseman Glen Metropolit,

that's what you give up to get all-stars. do we have three picks and a player to get an all-star? NO!!! why? BECAUSE WE ALREADY GAVE UP TWO PICKS AND A PLAYER TO GET JOE JOHNSON AN ALL-STAR!!!

do you guys even do research before you bash the organization?

Quote:

Quote:

Can you read? We got Joe 2 years ago. The context is the trade deadline and how you can improve your team.

Yeah considering how easy it is to get an all-star these days.. F*ck outta here.

How dumb are you people? Did I say the Hawks should have gotten an All-Star? No. Did I question the disparity between an All-Star and Anthony Johnson? You bet!

Reading comprehension people!

Quote:

This is why we need Belkin. He wants to own an NBA team. These other white guys like the Hockey. No caring or understanding of basketball.

So they don't like basketball because they're white, but Belkin does? Wow. Nice retarded racism.

FYI Gearon Jr. is a lifelong hawks fan who had season tickets and went to the games long before he had any ownership options. Belkin attended just 1 or 2 hawks games I believe even before the ownership dispute.

The ASG let their GMs make the decisions in both sports. That's how it should be. Let the GMs be in charge. If you don't like how they're performing, fire them. Unfortunately with the Belkin lawsuit they can't really fire the coach or the GM.

Quote:

do we have three picks and a player to get an all-star? NO!!!

We have a #2 pick, a #5 pick, an Indy pick this year, likely our pick next year, and if not our #2 pick our prior year's #6 pick to trade. That's more than the Thrashers gave up for an All-star. If you want to diminish our trade capitol by insisting that the #2 pick is MW and the #5 pick is SW, I agree, but that only reflects on just how god-awful BK is in terms of drafting. Fact is, CP3 was already an All-star in our league, Deron will be, Roy will be. We didn't have to trade for them, we could have just drafted two of them.

W

Quote:

Can you read? We got Joe 2 years ago.

and the deal sucked...we could have had this year's draft pick if the ASG Goobers had listened to Belkin.

But seriously TMC...chill out on the attacking OK? Ex is a good Hawks fan and a (board) friend of mine. You make an occasional good point - but JESUS - stop running it into the ground.

Otherwise I will tuant you again

Quote:

I'm still waiting for your reply on several threads where you gave up. Due to lack of facts and understanding, I presume. Still waiting...

You mean the thread where i told you to shut up unless you wanted me to find your quotes? You didn't respond so i left it alone but since you brought it up i guess i will have to use the trusty search feature again.

A few issues:

1) the Thrashers should be in the playoffs this year, yet they've been horrible over the past 20 games or so. Thus, they needed something to shake up the club. The trade does just that.

2) The Thrashers not only can be a play-off team, they should be in contention for the Stanly Cup. The trade helps them get there (hopefully)

3) The Hawks are not a playoff team as currently constructed.

4) According to Mulin there are some revenue issues that the ASG is dealing with, therefore, they had to make a choice as to which team to put money into. IMO they are investing in the correct one THIS year.

I take anything that is going on right now with both teams to be a direct result of the Belkin fiasco. Belkin is forcing poor moves on both teams. The Thrashers should have gone after Forsberg but his contract was too much to absorb. The move that was made should have been done in conjunction with Forsberg, yes that could have happened.

I would have loved for the Hawks to have gotten Gasol, which was the only move that made real sense to me. If Gasol wasn't on the table then the Luke move would have been OK, but nothing earth shattering. The idea to simply back off and keep assets for a trade this summer makes more sense.

Again this is a 35 win team. The Thrashers are Stanly Cup possible team. Which would you invest in?

Quote:

Quote:

Can you read? We got Joe 2 years ago.

and the deal sucked...we could have had this year's draft pick if the ASG Goobers had listened to Belkin.

But seriously TMC...chill out on the attacking OK? Ex is a good Hawks fan and a (board) friend of mine. You make an occasional good point - but JESUS - stop running it into the ground.

Do the research. This guy is all over the place. It's not fact until he says it is. He has challenged or attacked me(like in this very thread) many times. I used to be nice to him. He just likes to argue and runs in circles when you make actual points. He's a punk. I personally think he's a 25 year old kid that lives with his parents.