• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solomon>Oden

Rexhawk

A lot of people think that Greg Oden will be a superstar in the league but it appears to me that he is the same player as Solomon. Oden has had subpar year in college in my opinion. Take yesterday's game against Wisconsin, Wisconsin does not have a big front court and Oden couldn't dominate that game. Oden appears to lack that killer instinct.

Solomon is not as tall but appears to be more athletic and more aggressive around the basket. The hawks need more of low post scorer than a Oden type place. Spencer Hawyes would be a better fit

I'd like to see Oden 100% healthy and playing with both hands before I'd pass complete judgement on him. Jones has shown some potential, but I wouldn't go all out for him until we've seen what he can do in a more consistent role.

Nasty.

While I think Durant is a better player, both Oden and Durant are players at their position built for the pros. I think your diss of Oden (relative to SJ...WTF!?!) is WAY off base.

W

Watching the OSU/Wisconsin game should have people clamoring for G. Oden instead of bashing him, or comparing him to Solomon Jones....which is absurd. People tend to forget that basketball has two facets, just like any other sport...more or less...which is offense AND defense. Just because Oden isn't scoring 25 a game like Durant, doesn't mean he's not changing the game by his presence. Defensively, he dominates...no, he DOMINATES. I don't want to hear about blocked shots either, sure they are nice, a nice stat. He alters 90% of the shots the opposing team attempts. Yesterday, Wisconsin shot 35% from the field! Many teams this year have barely shot 40% against Ohio State. I dunno...you tell me. Ohio State scores 49 points and beats the number one team in the country! Who cares about points per game! Let's not judge G. Oden on points alone...that's only half the game. Hands down, no question, none whatsoever...number one pick if he comes out. He will be a dominant force defensively (and eventually offensively) in the league for 10-15 years.

Solomon Jones over Greg Oden? You have got to be joking....

• Moderators

Quote:

Watching the OSU/Wisconsin game should have people clamoring for G. Oden instead of bashing him, or comparing him to Solomon Jones....which is absurd. People tend to forget that basketball has two facets, just like any other sport...more or less...which is offense AND defense. Just because Oden isn't scoring 25 a game like Durant, doesn't mean he's not changing the game by his presence. Defensively, he dominates...no, he DOMINATES. I don't want to hear about blocked shots either, sure they are nice, a nice stat. He alters 90% of the shots the opposing team attempts. Yesterday, Wisconsin shot 35% from the field! Many teams this year have barely shot 40% against Ohio State. I dunno...you tell me. Ohio State scores 49 points and beats the number one team in the country! Who cares about points per game! Let's not judge G. Oden on points alone...that's only half the game. Hands down, no question, none whatsoever...number one pick if he comes out. He will be a dominant force defensively (and eventually offensively) in the league for 10-15 years.

Solomon Jones over Greg Oden? You have got to be joking....

I will just second this post rather than retype the same thing.

Shelden is also 6'7. If Shelden was a legit 7' he would have been #1 overall last year. Besides, look at Sheldens stats in college when he played against bigger centers. He was dominated by 2nd rounders at best who were bigger than him.

Oden is exactly what we need. I cant believe that he's shooting free throws as well as he is left handed, that's incredible. His upside is in the Shaq, downside maybe a bigger Antonio Davis.

Solomon needs to gain more than like 40 lbs to play center effectively in most games. He looked fine last night because Phoenix is small and opens up the floor. Solomon's upside is Marcus Camby, downside is Loren Woods.

Oden is 7'1 and moves like he is 6'9. Call me biased because OSU is my team, and I've watched every game, but athletically, there is no issue. He's a fine athlete.

Atheltically or not...it was nice to watch Oden cut down the net yesterday....without a ladder.

Jones better than Oden? HAHAHAHA. What a joke. Solomon Jones is terrible and imagine Oden with two good hands. For 7'1 Oden gets down the court very well. His potential is only being realized.

Now onto Shelden Williams. What a bust. For anyone who watches college bball knew he was going to suck. The only reason he was any good is because of Reddick. Without Reddick, Shelden can't do s***. The Hawks drafting strategy is crazy. I hope they don't botch it up again this year.

• Moderators

Quote:

The only reason he was any good is because of Reddick.

How do you figure? Reddick was overrated as a college player. Shelden was more important to Duke than their perimeter sniper despite the insane amount of press Reddick received, IMO.

Agreed that Shelden has not transitioned to the NBA very well (although neither has JJ).

I agree that he was overrated, but in college he had his way given the speed of the game. Reddick spreads out the defense. Obviously they are not going to be able to double Shelden because leaving Reddick open during his senior year means Reddick gets points. With the defense playing tight on Reddick this gave Paulus more options to drive the lane and dish it to Shelden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

A lot of people think that Greg Oden will be a superstar in the league but it appears to me that he is the same player as Solomon. Oden has had subpar year in college in my opinion. Take yesterday's game against Wisconsin, Wisconsin does not have a big front court and Oden couldn't dominate that game. Oden appears to lack that killer instinct.

Solomon is not as tall but appears to be more athletic and more aggressive around the basket. The hawks need more of low post scorer than a Oden type place. Spencer Hawyes would be a better fit

Put the crack pipe down son!!! I'm sure there is a mental health facility near, GO check in.

WOW

Quote:

I'd like to see Oden 100% healthy and playing with both hands before I'd pass complete judgement on him. Jones has shown some potential, but I wouldn't go all out for him until we've seen what he can do in a more consistent role.

Exactly. And in order for that to happen, he'll need more playing time than he's getting right now. I don't see that happening as far as it goes, and I think that Oden's still the best way to go here.