Our Best Lineup

TroyMcClure

I think my most used lineup would be:

Chillz

Joe

Marvin

Smoove

Solo

We'd have no bulk to keep teams off the boards so it would appear we'd get outrebounded but I dont think we usually would. On nights against true big teams of course I'd give Zaza and Lo more PT.

I'd probably start the game with Speedy and Zaza, but then sub Chillz and Solo for them. Bring Shelden in next to play with Solo while either Marvin or Smoove slides to the SF. Bring Lue in to rest Joe and use Lue close out some games with him on the floor instead of Chillz.

I made this post for a few reasons. It has become apparent that we are playing our best players out of position.

Joe is a point guard. He likes to hang out on the perimeter. Smitty is almost begging him to turn around and post up. I think he wants Joe to play a little more like he did. That's just not Joe, though. He posts up about once a game. It should be about 5 or 6. Joe can play the point, then slide down to 2 or 3 when needed.

Marvin is a 2 guard! This is also becoming apparent. He like to shoot the J. He seems to feel a little more comfortable out on the wing.

Smoove is 3. He can play the 4 in spurts. He gets pushed around too much. Playing him there diminishes his off the ball blocking potential. He is not a very good on-ball defender. He can shoot the three. He loves to pass, and is good at it. He is a good entry passer from the wing. He doesn't have a post up game. He is too small to play 4. It's a testament to his abilities that he has produced as much as he has at the 4.

All of this stuff about finding a point is retarded. How about we play our three best players where they can most help each other?

Quote:

i agree that we have drafted what is supposed to be a "versatile" team, but we don't do anything creative. it's ridiculous that we have this slooooooooow down offense but we never post anyone up!!!

To us a football analogy, it's like we come out with two tight ends, ready to smash-mouth, then we run nothing but reverses. banghead.gif

Actually, Smoove played the 5 for most of the 2nd half. Maybe he's our Ben Wallace type center. A Big Ben that can score.

Big Ben . . 6-9 . . 240 lbs

Smoove . . 6-9 . . 235 lbs

LOL . . maybe we already have our center here. Just tell Smoove to do whatever he did last summer, and put on another 10 pounds of muscle.

Then you can make room for Shelden at the 4, and be set for next year.

PG - Speedy/AJ

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Shelden

F/C - Smoove

Send Smoove to one of those Big Man camps, and see if he can develop a post move or two. Then use his quickness and new strength against the 5's in this league, ala what Camby does.

Quote:

it's ridiculous that we have this slooooooooow down offense but we never post anyone up!!!

If you don't "dump" it in, you can't "kick" it out. It's not like you have to have Shaq there. You just have to attempt to score from there. At least try to draw a double and kick it out. That's how you get open j's. Notice we are 2nd worst in the league from 3.

Quote:

Actually, Smoove played the 5 for most of the 2nd half. Maybe he's our Ben Wallace type center. A Big Ben that can score.

Big Ben . . 6-9 . . 240 lbs

Smoove . . 6-9 . . 235 lbs

LOL . . maybe we already have our center here. Just tell Smoove to do whatever he did last summer, and put on another 10 pounds of muscle.

Then you can make room for Shelden at the 4, and be set for next year.

PG - Speedy/AJ

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Shelden

F/C - Smoove

Send Smoove to one of those Big Man camps, and see if he can develop a post move or two. Then use his quickness and new strength against the 5's in this league, ala what Camby does.

I think playing Smoove anywhere but the 3 limits what he can do for your team. Especially offensively. I think he will be a deadly 3 point shooter one day soon.

Guest Walter

Everybody knows that I want to see more of Batman (and not for tanking purposes, but because I think he's got talent and plays a physical game few want to much less can match up with). I also like any rotation that includes JS and MW because unless we trade one of them we have to find a way to make them work.

Quote:

1 Joe

2 Marvin

3 Smoove

4 Shelden

5 Zaza

Chill, Solomon, AJ, Lo, Salim, Batman, Speedy.

I couldn't care less about playing SW, however. He's just not to my liking. I'd start Chill over SW and bump everyone up (but of course our bench lacks scoring).

W

Yeah i was about to say thats actually our best line up is when we take out our two horrible center and put smoove at 5 adn play small ball but without sheldon. When we have JJ, chill, marvin, smoove and one of our pgs we are pretty good at running kinda like the suns. Right now our Center position is so horrible we don't have a clue how bad it really is because we have been watching crap.