• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have tried to be on the pro win argument

capstone21

Quote:

even BK won't screw up this pick. He's not that bad a drafter. No way he passes on Oden.

That is assuming he gets the top pick, which is highly unlikely since the best case scenario (in tanking terms) would be the 3rd worst record.

At some point you have to be accountable for results.

And I don't have to justify anything. Last night i watched in person as Smith left it all out on the court in an amazing performance. He did that because he was trying to win. My seat was right next to the Hawks tunnel and he was the last one into the locker room. You could see how much it pained him to lose, so there is no way i could wish for more losses on him and JJ than they would get by playing all out.

They made a lot of mental mistakes that causedthe loss and they have to learn how to execute better in order to win consistently.

Fortunately for you BK's acquisitions last summer have been such a dismal failure that Smith and JJ have to be on fire for the Hawks to win games, and even then it is iffy.

Quote:

Yes, Walter. Everyone is coming to the darkside.

jedi.gif

However, will anyone rescind his hate-filled remarks against me? Incredibly doubtful. Now they realize I was right almost 30 freaking games ago. That was back when I was "idiot", "hater", and "not a true fan". I'm still those things, according to some, but a whole lot more people sure are coming around to my side.

cba, I said these same things maybe even more games ago. The responses I got were much the same as yours and Walter's. I wasn't even supporting tanking. I supported winning in spite of everything. I simply knew that with Woody's incredible lack of coaching ability that our team was done. I got roasted. Don't expect the tone to change.

On to tanking. How do we do it exactly? In my mind the only way to tank is by management. The only scenarios that come to mind are:

You have a coach that you are definitely going to keep. He tanks accordingly. Playing rookies, etc.

You fire the coach, creating disaray on the court, in the locker room, etc.

You trade your good players for expiring contracts, etc.

Those are the only ways that come to mind. Everything else is beyond control. Players are going to try to win.

This is my fear. The ASG wins and re-ups Woody and BK, citing progress each year. I think the whole organization is trying. That's what is totally unacceptable. They just aren't good enough. So what if we make an 8 seed in two years.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Say Hawks get 2nd pick again you take Durant? Wat the hell do you do with Smith, Childress and Marvin this solves nothing also I dont believe Durant will come into the NBA and domainte like Melo or Lebron did.

But that doesn't mean I don't won't both. Draft Durant, trade MW/SW/& one of our 1000000 pgs for a legit big, draft your Pg prospect with the Indy pick, fire Woody and BK. There you have it. A contender in 2-3 years.

W

Guest Walter

CBAreject, because you were right...they'll hate you more for it.

People are leaving the comfort of a position that seemingly acknowledged serious problems but allowed them the status of "real fan" by avoiding dealing with them. They leave it for the reality of an unattractive, albeit substantial potential solution. People are losing their religion because of you! They'll never thank you for it and most likely will hate you more for it.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Honestly, we have different opinions. I think this team IS good enough to make an impact, and I believe you and Walter do not.

...yourself and this team and that's fine. You both deserve it, but not at the expense of what I have actually said. Just to be clear, I think this team could (although it could lose its prospects very easily and never get there) be good enough to be mediocre. I believe that is "an impact". Depending upon what "an impact" is for you we may be saying the same thing. However, if "an impact" is anything less than serious contention, what really are you saying but "I'll still accept less".

W

• Premium Member

Because I came into the season with the expectation that we would compete. I didn't want to give Phoenix our pick, but all the same I was SO not interested in the lottery. This coming from probably the most pro-lottery person on the board.

All that being said, I'm done watching this team rooting for them to win. It's just aggravating. JJ or Smoove (or hell, BOTH) needs some phantom injury and hopefully we can slide to the bottom of the heap.

Sad, but it looks like being bad is the only way we will ever be good. Lord knows BK, Woody, and ASG don't have a clue.

640.jpg

I think we all acknowledge it sucks knowing that the future of our franchise has come down to a percentage. I hate it, but I see the reality of it. I just hope that percentage is as high as possible. If it doesn't come through, we're going to be in danger of losing this team. The only solution then would be a miracle trade for Gasol or someone similar.

Two things I want for the offseason:

1) A top 2 pick

2) Massive firings