• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN's Trading block

JTFan31

• Premium Member

I think Babs tried a deal with Seattle. I would look back into it.

Theo/Filler For Anderson/Booth/1st.

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (7.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.6 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

SG Emanual Davis (3.7 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.2 minutes)

SF Darvin Ham (2.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Calvin Booth (2.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.9 minutes)

PG Kenny Anderson (6.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 17.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -10.0 ppg, -7.8 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Seattle trades: C Calvin Booth (2.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.9 minutes)

PG Kenny Anderson (6.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 17.9 minutes)

Seattle receives: C Theo Ratliff (7.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 47 games)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 5 games)

SG Emanual Davis (3.7 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24 games)

SF Darvin Ham (2.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 45 games)

Change in team outlook: +10.0 ppg, +7.8 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Seattle being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Seattle had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 913740

• Premium Member

You're JTFan31 right?

Well, consider this. Without trading Theo or Hendu... JT will not be resigned. That's the bottom line. This trade gives us help at the PG spot. It also gives us cap space next season. IF they would give us a first rounder, I'd do it easily.

Booth. He does suck and he has 4 yrs 24 million left on the contract. However if they take CC... and give us the first, I'd call that OK by my book. At least with Booth, we get a Shot blocker with Size. With CC, we have nothing but an injury magnet.

I do like this trade of swapping dead weight for dead weight and clearing up some cap space for next year. But it's nothing more than a short-term fix that'll keep the Hawks in contention for the 8th seed and nothing more.

I'm still in the opinion that we need to blow this team up and start over.....that's if we want to compete for a championship and not the 8th seed in a very weak conference...which is nothing to brag about....

"With CC, we have nothing but an injury magnet." You've got that right Diesel. This guy is doing the Theo Ratliff this year. He might sit on the bench the rest of the season and collect his paycheck.

Booth has more years and money on his deal, and would not clear off the books.

Plus, as has been mentioned numerous times by other posters, the Hawks are about 15 million over the cap already, before you even include JT, DerMarr, et al.

To trade and get serious cap relief in which to attract top player, you need to deal almost 25-30 million in salaries, which in today's trading climate is near impossible.

Every team wants to get cap relief, getting shorter and cheaper contracts. And the teams that do have projected cap space next year want to wait and see what the free agents do, regardless of whether they realistically think they have a shot at the top players.

Teams like Denver that may know that they aren't looking for Duncan, Kidd, et al, aren't just going to blow all of their cap space, rather, save the cap space and build correctly, using the money to sign their young picks as they come due for their payday (like Hilario, Tskitishvili, etc).

It's more likely that we will either have to get raped or stand pat, and I am all for not being raped.

But that's just my penny on the matter...

• Premium Member

Over the cap is different from being in the Luxury tax area. I think our Owners aren't for being in the luxury tax area which is about 10-15 million over the cap. If the Cap is 42 million, then taxes start at 57... etc. Well. I think we will resign JT... But DIon and DJ have a long way to go. Therefore, I would think that Getting rid of 9 million in cap money....taking back about 1.5 million would help us be on our way to resigning JT and a 1st.

I would consider the deal.

But they must take CC and we must get a first.

• Premium Member

I posted this on the trade board a couple of days ago...

James is less of a risk than Booth...

-------

Atlanta trades: PG Jason Terry (17.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in 38.1 minutes)

PF Alan Henderson (5.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 19.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.8 minutes)

SG Brent Barry (10.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 33.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -2.4 apg.

Seattle trades: C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.8 minutes)

SG Brent Barry (10.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 33.2 minutes)

Seattle receives: PG Jason Terry (17.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in 46 games)

PF Alan Henderson (5.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 47 games)

Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +2.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

--------------------

JT's 2003 $ is used to sign Kenny Anderson + Steve Smith for next year's lineup:

PG: Anderson/Dickau

SG: Barry/Smith/Draft pick (early-out with potential?)

SF: Robinson/Newble?/Crawford

PF: SAR/Nazr

C: Theo/James

Seattle could run with either Payton, JT, or even Arenas at PG next year to complement Mason & Lewis...If they wanted, Anderson & Henderson could be traded this year for a better PF...