• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kings at Hawks

Plastic Man

Yeah - he had his chances. I guess the thing that was annoying to me was that JS set up AJ for a simple wide open 15 footer (which he missed) and Shell in the paint for a layup (although contested - which he airballed) late 3rd/early 4th. If either had converted that would have given JS 10 assists and he would have had extra minutes to get the last points.

So Shell actually blew it twice - but I doubt JS has any hard feelings.

In reality - I bet JS would have given up any hope of a triple double just to have made that dunk from Salim's ally-oop. That would have led sportscenter all day tomorrow.

Quote:

let me know when the Hawks can beat Miami,Dallas and Chicago then we may have something.

We beat Detroit, Cleveland, Phoenix, Houston and Washington. We manhandled Orlando, who were early season contenders, and got a couple of wins against Toronto, who lead the Atlantic division. Do they count?

With W's against many of the league's elite, I'm pretty sure we do have that something. We just need consistency. And a better coach.

Quote:

I'll have more to say about this later in the meantime show me that you can beat them during the run for the playoffs when it matters most!

Lemme guess if we do beat Miami and Portaland (which would be awesome) if we turn around and lose to Dallas you'll just say "see I knew we weren't for real".

Then prove it on the d#mn court none of this Heckyl and Jeckyl stuff. You guys see a half filled glass I see a half empty glass.In 14 games will see who prevails but I am betting the hawks not only lose there lottery pick but don't make the playoffs meaning this season again was a wash with not alot of hope improving since the antitankers got thrilled about a little winning streak at the end of the season,whopee alot to look forward to building the team of the future.

Quote:

Then prove it on the d#mn court none of this Heckyl and Jeckyl stuff. You guys see a half filled glass I see a half empty glass.In 14 games will see who prevails but I am betting the hawks not only lose there lottery pick but don't make the playoffs meaning this season again was a wash with not alot of hope improving since the antitankers got thrilled about a little winning streak at the end of the season,whopee alot to look forward to building the team of the future.

I bet if we don't make the playoffs we will finish no more than 2 games out.

If you don't think a team with the average age what 22 almost making the playoffs WITHOUT THEIR STAR PLAYER is showing a bright future I don't know what does.

Quote:

get Billy Knight's #. ask him to call Phoenix. See if he can get them to take Joe back in exchange for the Cleveland pick they traded ours for last year along with our pick this year.

problem solved, or in your mind atleast.

IMO, Woody should have left JSmoove in to try again for the triple double. I know that I cannot rationally justify this belief but JSmoove's recent hard work and improvement in his play justified giving him that chance. Even Smitty seemed disappointed that Woody took JSmoove out. That says alot coming from a high class act like Smitty. But there again, who am I to question the wisdom of Woody.

Quote:

Quote:

Young teams are just inconsistent, and we are the youngest in the league.

The Hawks are the third youngest team in the league.

Yeah after trading for Anthony Johnson. Also by adding Slava who does nothing for this team. Lo Wright doesn't exactly do anything either.

If you count our normal players, we are the youngest.

Maybe, but Boston and Portland have very young core groups as well. Like the Hawks with JJ, they each have one star in his prime plus lots and lots of youngsters:

Atlanta Core = JJ + Smoove, Marvin, Childress, Zaza and Sheldon.

Portland Core = Randolph + Roy, Aldridge, Jack, Rodriguez, Webster and Outlaw.

Boston Core = Pierce + Jefferson, Rondo, Green, Telfair, Gomes, West and Perkins.

Quote:

Maybe, but Boston and Portland have very young core groups as well. Like the Hawks with JJ, they each have one star in his prime plus lots and lots of youngsters:

Atlanta Core = JJ + Smoove, Marvin, Childress, Zaza and Sheldon.

Portland Core = Randolph + Roy, Aldridge, Jack, Rodriguez, Webster and Outlaw.

Boston Core = Pierce + Jefferson, Rondo, Green, Telfair, Gomes, West and Perkins.

3 teams that could replace older teams like the Pistons, Heat, and Spurs in the elite role in the league in 3-4 years.

I can't wait till that power shift.