• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what do u guys think of having 2 JTs?

cyman3

IMO, JTs is just like Nick "the quick" Van Exel. They're twins! Carbon-Copy.

what u guys think about having him play beside JT? I know most of u guys think a mini-me backcourt wouldnt work, but i think it would if we played zone. If Francis/Mobley, Davis/Wesley, Snow/Iverson works... so should this one.

I know most of u guys want JT out, but i think we need another JT.

• Premium Member

Alvin is not a good PG. What we need is someone who can be a PG. NVE is that. He has a very high A/TO ratio for his career. Alvin is a 2 transformed into a PG.. Similar to JT. I don't think it would work as well. The idea of Minime backcourt with a zone defense is one I support. Even if we had a big Gaurd like AW or Barry... JT would still get beat because he's just not a good defender. However in a zone, give him the perimeter and let him run at Shooters and he'd be better than now.

Does not make sense...who are Nick and JT going to guard ....nobody...that is why we get a good defender to limit the liabilities...that way JT can focus on shooting and scoring which he does best...I think this would more than counter his weakness on defense...Nick thinks he is a 2 anyway...Nick is not a true PG and he is a midget so what is your point. You can't play zone in crunch time in the NBA.... that is when a mini me backcourt will hurt the most.

• Premium Member

IF we have a team with:

NVE/JT/GROb/SAR/Nazr as the starting five... What they do best is score and finding ways to score. OUR Mission would be to OUTSCORE the other team every night. With this 5, we could do it.

ON the other hand...

If we had

JT/Williams/Grob/SAR/Nazr. Yes, we have a better defender in Williams and yes he can handle the ball.. But Just like JT... He's not a play maker. We'd have 2 JT's alright. Two guys who are not able to make an offense work. Plus, JT would still get beat on defense.

When we seek to Outscore our opponents... The key is that we have a distributor who can get all of our 20 ppg scorers scoring. That's NVE.

Please...that right there is a classic jump shooting team...when the shots don't fall...and that would be often because NVE JT are streaky. Nazr loves to shoot the jump shot ...we all know about Dog. So when the jump shots are not falling ...they double Reef...we have no one who can't get all the way to the basket and finish. On top of that that group would suck defensively ...you know what all that equals...blowouts. NVE/JT backcourt would never work...we need a stabilizer...not another person to come down stop a foot across halfcourt and jack up a three.

Alvin gives us a lot...we don't need john stockton...he is enough of a PG to get things done. There to handle when we run JT and Dog around screens..he makes good decisions. He also gives us another post feeder besides JT that can shoot.

That is very important.

*Plus he is not a defensive liability..we don't need anymore of those. ie NVE

• Premium Member

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nick_van_exe...x.html?nav=page

Check the factuals.

For most of his career he averages about 8 apg with a little more than 2 to pg. Right now, he's shooting 40% from the arc....

I doubt his motive has been shoot the three across the halfcourt line. NOt that and piling up 8 and 9 apg.