• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tubby Smith leaving Kentucky for Minn!

TroyMcClure

Guest Walter

Quote:

The Golden Gophers, not the Timberwolves! Amazing. What's going on, AHF?

UK treated him so poorly. I think the way Tubby was treated by the UK faithful also hurt his recruiting. That was his biggest problem IMO and it's hard to recruit when the mighty boosters, who often also have some sort of relationship with a player, are trying to get you fired (My assumption from talking to my Kentucky fan uncle).

W

Quote:

Quote:

The Golden Gophers, not the Timberwolves! Amazing. What's going on, AHF?

UK treated him so poorly. I think the way Tubby was treated by the UK faithful also hurt his recruiting. That was his biggest problem IMO and it's hard to recruit when the mighty boosters, who often also have some sort of relationship with a player, are trying to get you fired (My assumption from talking to my Kentucky fan uncle).

W

I'm a Bama fan. We know a thing or two about running a coach out of town. LOL! You don't run Tubby Smith out of town. That's what happens with crazed boosters, though.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'm a Bama fan. We know a thing or two about running a coach out of town. LOL! You don't run Tubby Smith out of town. That's what happens with crazed boosters, though.

I think Auburn one-upped you guys with the Tubberville-snaffoo. Did they have to sign him for life after that embarassment? anyhow, back to spelling F-ee-a-nicks. flameme.gif

W

morris is as good as gone. the second they lost to kansas, he was "non-committal" about is future. that says it all. tubby leaving is just the icing on the cake. tubby probably knew morris was leaving, and figured the timing was right for him to go, too.

i'd like the hawks to pick up morris, especially if they don't get a 1st rounder this year. in fact, they should use all the money they would've on the draft on him, and it could end up being a fairly successful offseason compared to how it could end up (empty handed). i will say, however, that i think morris is probably a couple years away from making a real impact in the nba. it took him a couple years to live up to what everyone knew he could do in college, and it will take more for him to prove himself on the next level. he played well this year, but he still took a lot of plays off and lacked intensity.

as for uk goes, i'd like to see them get bob huggins as their next coach. he's not the best out there, and it would never happen, but boy would that be serious entertainment both on the court, and off it with huggie's interactions with the fans and media.