• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons draft CALVIN JOHNSON?

cyman3

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2808100

"Most teams use a chart, principally developed by former Dallas and Miami coach Jimmy Johnson, that assigns a points value to every choice in the draft. The corresponding points for the eighth pick in the first round is 1,400. The two second-round choices owned by the Falcons are worth 510 points (the seventh choice in the round) and 460 points (the 12th).

The total points value for the Falcons' three choices in the first two rounds is 2,370 points. On the points chart, the second overall choice in the entire draft, owned by Detroit -- which is rumored to be interested in trading back -- is worth 2,600 points. Atlanta would fall a little shy of that, but not by much, with its 2,370 points for the three choices in the first and second rounds.

But the Falcons have more than enough points to trade up to the No. 3 overall pick (points value: 2,200) or the fourth choice (value: 1,800 points), if they desired. By combining the two picks in the second round, with a total value of 970 points, Atlanta could net the 17th overall selection (points value: 950) in the first round."

-------------------------------

would u trade all our three picks for the 2nd pick? what about the 3rd pick?

or keep the picks (all could be starters for the team)?

i love our options!

what a great trade.

lets see wat we can get for DJ SHOCKLEY!

anyone willing to give us a 3rd round pick?

lol.

I would expect the Falcons to trade down and pick up more picks to get beef on both sides of the ball. Calvin is an interesting player, but I think we have enough invested in wide outs. If we do trade up I would rather see us get the Clemson D-lineman, whose name is escaping me right now.

Quote:

We have far more pressing needs as a team to focus on drafting one player.

yeah, i agree. but at the same time, i dream about a VICK/JOHNSON/HORN/CRUMPLER combination!

i just love the position we are in (having several early picks). we have so many options.

Quote:

If we do trade up I would rather see us get the Clemson D-lineman, whose name is escaping me right now.

Gaines Adams. thumb3d.gif

I think if we stay put at 8, we will have a chance at Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Laron Landry, Levi Brown, or possibly Adreian Peterson. Any of which can be expected to be playing a major role within 2 years.

I don't see a need to trade up for anyone, CJ included, given tha we would be better off by doing the right thing - getting quality depth on both sides of the ball. If anything has been proven in the last two injury-filled years it's this: we relied entirely too much on our starters and when they got injured we were in no position to make any roster moves because of our cap situation.

Quote:

I would expect the Falcons to trade down and pick up more picks to get beef on both sides of the ball. Calvin is an interesting player, but I think we have enough invested in wide outs. If we do trade up I would rather see us get the Clemson D-lineman, whose name is escaping me right now.

The GM was on the radio and made reference to trading down, almost as an after thought. Very subtle, but you gotta wonder if they aren't shopping that pick becasue they have so many needs. If they could move down and pick up additional high picks that could contribute right away, we could be pretty good.

I also think it is pressing that we get some big bodies for the offensive line. Petrino's philosophy is totally different and he's gonna have a hard time implrementing it with the personnel we have. And they HAVE TO GIVE PRIORITY TO PROTECTING VICK. If they don't pick up a couple big linemen, I'll be shocked.

I'm starting to think more and more that we're gonna trade down as well. If Carr signs with Minnesota and they draft Landry just ahead of us, I could see us trading down just ahead of Jacksonville and Dallas which would ensure we get a shot at Nelson or Griffin to address our FS need.

In fact, imagine if Peterson were available at #8. That would make Green Bay the perfect trading partner. We could move down 8 slots and pick up another pick while still drafting ahead of Jacksonville (17) and Dallas (22).

I think you are exactly right. I think our #1 target is Laron Landry. If we dont get him then we will most likely trade down to get nelson or griffin. whatever happens it will be a fun 1st day for falcon fans. I just pray that we use our picks on OL help. That is the weakest spot on the roster and has been for a while now.