• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone watch "The White Rapper Show" on VH1?

TroyMcClure

If you did, you know Shamrock.For those that dont, he won. I knew he was from Atlanta but I didn't know where. Anyway, I met him today in the mag. rack at Ingles in Tucker. He was looking for a magazine that he was featured in. I just told him thanks for representing positively and beating that John Brown chump. Very cool guy. Just like he was portrayed on tv.

He may be too humble to make it in the game. No grill, no hat, no crew today.

Quote:

If you did, you know Shamrock.For those that dont, he won. I knew he was from Atlanta but I didn't know where. Anyway, I met him today in the mag. rack at Ingles in Tucker. He was looking for a magazine that he was featured in. I just told him thanks for representing positively and beating that John Brown chump. Very cool guy. Just like he was portrayed on tv.

Man white dudes these days can be more lame than ever. White burbs rappers. grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Man white dudes these days can be more lame than ever. White burbs rappers. grin.gif

Rap is an awful genre anyway. Just a bunch of guys that love to hear themselves talk BARKING (It's surely not singing)out words.

I'm not a country fan, but if these are two genres I hate it's metal and rap. Just junk.

Mostly. Although, Shamrock won with a song he sang a cool chorus in. He's got a straight Dirty South type flow, if that means anything to you. I'm not the biggest fan of rap as a genre but I have a lot of respect for good rappers. You can't say that Outkast are not talented, for instance. I was born in the 70's. I grew up with rap. I also like country. Waylon, Cash, Willie, etc. Also, I still smile when I hear Dokken or something. Metal and rap, man the 80's were a contrast.

Quote:

Mostly. Although, Shamrock won with a song he sang a cool chorus in. He's got a straight Dirty South type flow, if that means anything to you. I'm not the biggest fan of rap as a genre but I have a lot of respect for good rappers. You can't say that Outkast are not talented, for instance. I was born in the 70's. I grew up with rap. I also like country. Waylon, Cash, Willie, etc. Also, I still smile when I hear Dokken or something. Metal and rap, man the 80's were a contrast.

I can't stand that screaming stuff. The problem is that the hardcore rap has some meaning in the words, but the poor parking vocals turns me off. The hip hop sometimes had some catchy stuff, but crappy lyrics and stuff behind it makes it no better than Brittney Spears for men.

I mean, I wouldn't say I have no rap/hip hop. I liked the music off the movie Above The Rim, but that's about it.

Quote:

Quote:

I've got a feeling Shamrock isn't as 'burbs as you think he is. Those other guys for sure, though.

P.S. The Burbs are a little harder than they used to be, believe me.

Oh, c'mon now. Give me a break. laugh.gif

Dude, I live in the suburbs. There was a murder in the Mister Egg Roll like 300 yards from my house last month. Practically every business in every strip-mall has been robbed at gunpoint. In Snellville, all of the businesses directly across from city hall have been robbed. I could give you a list a mile long. All I was saying is that he's not a rich kid. Not even close. If you know people in retail, you know the 'burbs ain't what they used to be. Or watch the local news for about a month straight. Every night-"one person is dead following, blah, blah,"

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've got a feeling Shamrock isn't as 'burbs as you think he is. Those other guys for sure, though.

P.S. The Burbs are a little harder than they used to be, believe me.

Oh, c'mon now. Give me a break. laugh.gif

Dude, I live in the suburbs. There was a murder in the Mister Egg Roll like 300 yards from my house last month. Practically every business in every strip-mall has been robbed at gunpoint. In Snellville, all of the businesses directly across from city hall have been robbed. I could give you a list a mile long. All I was saying is that he's not a rich kid. Not even close. If you know people in retail, you know the 'burbs ain't what they used to be. Or watch the local news for about a month straight. Every night-"one person is dead following, blah, blah,"

The Whole world is not what it used to be. Druggies have tried to break into our house. However, that doesn't mean burbs people are some tough people that are poor all of a sudden don't buy it. Not on a large scale.

No offense to you or anything.

What people see aren't always the truth. My dad thinks black people are the majority out here. Sometimes things aren't how we see them. Sometimes it actually takes an outside view to help see things.

Quote:

I can't stand that screaming stuff. The problem is that the hardcore rap has some meaning in the words, but the poor parking vocals turns me off. The hip hop sometimes had some catchy stuff, but crappy lyrics and stuff behind it makes it no better than Brittney Spears for men.

I mean, I wouldn't say I have no rap/hip hop. I liked the music off the movie Above The Rim, but that's about it.

Pick up "Aquemini" and "The Love Below" from Outkast to start. The love below is a wonderful mix of all types of music. Andre 3000 is a very cool cat.

Quote:

John Brown was better!!!

I think he threw the finals!

You don't get cred in the burbs by winning the White Rapper Show!

Are you serious? "Car Wars"? That was like the dumbest rap ever!

John Brown was a joke. He's a rich kid. Did you see his "buddy"? He made Moby look tough!

Hahaha that show was awesome but the rappers were horrible. Shamrock was the best even though Jon Brown was better in both of the last 2 challenges. 90% of Shamrock's song at the finale was straight out of an outkast or goodie mob song. Anyhow it's pretty much what I expected since real MCs wouldnt want to go anywhere near a reality show, but the setup of the show and the editing was hilarious and very clever.

Quote:

Quote:

John Brown was better!!!

John Brown was a joke. He's a rich kid. Did you see his "buddy"? He made Moby look tough!

John Brown was by far the better Emcee, but Shamrock was the better performer, which is why he won.

In terms of actual rhymes, punchlines, metaphors, wordplay, and multies, John Brown was MILES better.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

John Brown was better!!!

John Brown was by far the better Emcee, but Shamrock was the better performer, which is why he won.

In terms of actual rhymes, punchlines, metaphors, wordplay, and multies, John Brown was MILES better.

It was all fluff, though. Most of it made no sense whatsoever. The Car Wars song was so weak. That's why he lost. It was flat out stupid. He was like cars use oil, I'll talk about the middle east and rims and no one will know what I'm talking about and they'll think I'm deep. Please! Shamrock called him out on being fraudulent with his words. He is. That matters more to me than a fluff rhyme. There is nothing going on in his head. That is not appealing to me. Is he "ghetto Revival" or is he "King of the Burbs"? He is a walking contradiction.

I do agree he was pretty good in the shelter battle. He just has zero credibility as a person. Shamrock was totally cool to me. Again, I'm not his biggest fan but I think he's cool. He's a real person, as most Georgians are. Far more humble than a Cali cat.

Quote:

It was all fluff, though. Most of it made no sense whatsoever. The Car Wars song was so weak. That's why he lost. It was flat out stupid. He was like cars use oil

lol yeah his song was gay, to win 100,000 dollars you make a song called car wars? Made no sense. Plus he just stood there like a statue in his performance. John Brown was the better Emcee, but he didn't know how to perform or get the crowd involved.

Quote:

Shamrock was totally cool to me. Again, I'm not his biggest fan but I think he's cool. He's a real person, as most Georgians are. Far more humble than a Cali cat.

Yeah I know Shamrock, I've met him a few times. He graduated from UGA a few years back. He was an RA for Oglethorpe Hall. He used to never have the grill though lol.