• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBADRAFT.net

scottt

Quote:

i hope we have no chance in getting mayo. I dont like the guy for one and
im hoping we wont be a lottery team next year.
It would be foolish for our fans to hope we can get mayo.

This I can understand, and I hope so as well. But I would still take him next year if we had the opportunity. He's not going to be that much a distraction in the NBA, he's just in HS, and MOST HS stars are overconfident and showboat too much..

Josh Smith isn't exactly a "darling" either..

Well if the hype is for real. he didn't look all that impressive in the mcdonalds game so I don't know how we will do this year at usc. He'll probably go pro next year whether he averages 20 points or 6 points. I just don't want us or the owners or knight to look forward to being able to have oj in a couple years instead of making the correct moves for the team and franchise to be a playoff contender next year.

Quote:

Quote:

i hope we have no chance in getting mayo. I dont like the guy for one and
im hoping we wont be a lottery team next year.
It would be foolish for our fans to hope we can get mayo.

[/indent]

This I can understand, and I hope so as well. But I would still take him next year if we had the opportunity. He's not going to be that much a distraction in the NBA, he's just in HS, and MOST HS stars are overconfident and showboat too much..

Josh Smith isn't exactly a "darling" either..

Josh Smith and Oj Mayo should not be compared ever...

Not comparing them.. I'm as big a Smith fan as anyone, I'm just saying if someone hates on Mayo, they're being hypocritical in regards to Smith, that's not to say Smith is a bad presence, I'm just saying they are both players that show lots of emotion, which I think is good.

Quote:

Not comparing them.. I'm as big a Smith fan as anyone, I'm just saying if someone hates on Mayo, they're being hypocritical in regards to Smith, that's not to say Smith is a bad presence, I'm just saying they are both players that show lots of emotion, which I think is good.

Mayo is a nutcase off the court though. From what I've seen he is an attention lover like Terrel Owens. Josh Smith isn't anything close to that.

nbadraft.net predicts the hawks to pick a point in '07, and two points in '08. unless point guards are the new 6'9 forwards, then it won't ever happen. i love when they make mock drafts over a year in advance. they're lucky if they get half the picks right when the draft is a week away, much less a year and a half away.