JV might not be back?!

Hawksfreak

more than 12 players. Right now, we have:

Theo/Nazr

Reef/Hendu

Toni/CC

Slim/Glove

JT/Dickau/Email

under contract. That leaves only one roster spot available. Assuming that spot goes to Ira, that leaves no room for Hanno (or Leon for that matter who is under contract but not a guaranteed contract).

Hopefully, the NBA will change the rules and allow teams to carry 3 players on an "inactive list" rather than having the injured list and we can than put Hanno, Leon and one more guy on the inactive list. Of course all of the above assumes that we don't make any trades. If we can do a 2 for 1 deal somewhere, things will be different.

• Admin

DD and Email as backups make it clear that JV will be finding a new address.

Cal and Strick are also as good as gone.

I think it will be a foregone conclusion that Ira will be back. As for Hanno, Since Pete does not like to do the IR thing I think Hanno will be somewhere else come November.

I was checking ESPN and he and Ira are restricted FAs. Does that mean we gave them offers?

If they are restricted, it means we have given a qualifying offer and can match any deal that is offered to them.

I've got a feeling Hanno will be back. They will make room for him somehow. The coaching staff likes him too much, and quite honestly, he was a steal where we got him.

He's not as bad of a player as some want to make him out to be. Hanno is fundamentally sound, plays good position defense, can rebound a little, and can hit the jumper out to 18 feet. He's got a good understanding of the game and is a quality back up player.

I think there is a really good chance that Leon won't be with the team next year, though his potential is hard to pass on.

Hanno will be with the team though, because I'm betting that Alan Henderson will find someway to start the year out on the DL.

JV was already offered a contract by another team. Tell you the truth I could care less backups a a dime a dozen. And honestly I feel that Jacque would be better off playing for a team that could make use of his skills. Jacque is good but I dont think for our situation he is worth a long term contract. Besides I thought everyone on this site was in love with Dan " Booby Hurley Jr." Dickau

I don't think good back ups are a dime a dozen. You'll have a hard time convincing me of that after watching a Hawks team with four All-Stars (Mookie Blaylock, Steve Smith, Dikembe Mutombo, and Christian Laettner) get beat in the playoffs because they didn't have any depth due to poor drafting.

Teams arent allowed to start talking to other players yet, so I find it very hard to believe that JV has been offered a contract by another team.....in fact I know that isnt true. Its really a shame that you are so negative all the time about this team and their players, but it will be nice to throw it back in your face about Dickau later on if you are still on this board then.

I said it once and Ill say it again I hope I am wrong about DD. However I am a realist I dont get excited unless I have a reason.

I believe it might have been a rumor on the net or in a paper but I am confident I read that a team or two was planning to offer JV a contract.

PS dont worry I will be here next offseason.

Name a top NBA team, and I am positive that they have at least 2-3 impact players off the bench. If the bench wasn't important, Sterling and Krause would sign everyone and their mother to 10 Days to save money.

I love how you will jump back on your statements. You say JV has been offered a contract, which Dolfan corrects you on, then you blame it on a paper. I'd love to know what you've been reading. Then, there's the fact that you refuse to talk trash on the internet (about Haslem)...

The only player I've ever heard you say positive things about is Marcus. Everyone else is either "Euro trash", a dime a dozen, Bobby Hurley Jr., or only worth playing to build up trade value.

You're a cynic.

Im pretty sure that many teams are willing to throw a min contract to $2 million at VAUGHN. He'll find a new home as a quality backup PG.

I hear he complained about the $$$$ last season on hawks? But could be rumors, so just ignore that.

As for Dan Dickau... Bobby Hurley Jr? Majority hawks fans love our addition to Dickau as well as NBA/ESPN analysists.

I hope ur wrong about Dickau. IMO- worse case, we got a FASTER MATT MALONEY (which isint too bad).

Dan Dickau strikes me as another Jacque Vaughn.I think that is a

main reason mangement wanted him.This is just from hightlights I

have seen,He probably will have a career about like Jaque.

is a flat out pure shooter...thats why i think he can help....people tend to forget the value of guards who can knock down open shots....try playing 6 minutes doubling SAR, like last year, when you have DD JT and DJ in the game something has to give. He might not be the next Stockton..but he will eventually be better than JV.

Hawkfreak,you just aren't all there=P

I can't get over that we would offer Hanno a new

contract.He is a CBA player.He and his 3PPG 2RPG

numbers.

That's about like the Atlanta Hawks to worry about

keeping a Hanno Mottola before Jason Terry.Typical

Hawk management.