• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mets' offense is sick

CBAreject

The Mets have like 5 guys hitting .320 (Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Alou, Green). Carlos Beltran has struggled early, but you know he's going to hit eventually.

We are 1/2 game up on them, but the truth is, they've played the best ball in the NL so far (based on run-differential). I'm really wondering if we can beat them. I know they have holes in their pitching rotation, but so do we. Our bullpen is probably a better, but I'm not sure we can generate enough offense to edge out the Mets this year. They just have too many .900+ OPS guys in that line-up.

We have to hope that Alou realizes he's 40 and Green realizes that he usually sucks. Wright, Reyes, and Beltran are all for real, and probably still getting better. Delgado will probably hit, too.

• Admin

hitting never holds up though. It's pretty and it makes for nice conversation and a steady spot at the top of the power rankings, but pitching and defense win championships. The reason they were so favored last year is because they had pitching AND hitting, but this year their pitching just isn't much to fear.

I dreaded our games against them last year because our pitching wasn't good enough to hold their bats and our hitting wasn't good enough to get around on their pitchers, but this year they don't scare me so much. Our next series against them will tell us a lot about who controls the NLE this year.

Quote:

hitting never holds up though. It's pretty and it makes for nice conversation and a steady spot at the top of the power rankings, but pitching and defense win championships. The reason they were so favored last year is because they had pitching AND hitting, but this year their pitching just isn't much to fear.

I dreaded our games against them last year because our pitching wasn't good enough to hold their bats and our hitting wasn't good enough to get around on their pitchers, but this year they don't scare me so much. Our next series against them will tell us a lot about who controls the NLE this year.

Luck wins championships. After a below average Cards team won the WS, I've come to realize that some of the peoples arguments that the best team is the regular season teams is probably more correct.

No F*ck way the Cards were the best team last year. I believe they had 2 10 game losing streaks in suh a sorry division.

• Admin

c'mon man, you know how it works. Everyone knows that the best team, on paper, doesn't always win. It doesn't change anything. It's being being the best when you have to be, and the Cards were the best team when they had to be. Wasn't the team they played in the World Series legitimately "one of the best"? They only had two fewer wins the best best in baseball. The regular season means nothing, just like stats on paper. It's about who brings it when it matters, and that's what the Cards did. you just can't seem to get over the Cards winning last year.

Quote:

Luck wins championships. After a below average Cards team won the WS, I've come to realize that some of the peoples arguments that the best team is the regular season teams is probably more correct.

I agree with Hotlanta, baseball requires a lot of luck unlike other sports.

Quote:

c'mon man, you know how it works. Everyone knows that the best team, on paper, doesn't always win. It doesn't change anything. It's being being the best when you have to be, and the Cards were the best team when they had to be. Wasn't the team they played in the World Series legitimately "one of the best"? They only had two fewer wins the best best in baseball. The regular season means nothing, just like stats on paper. It's about who brings it when it matters, and that's what the Cards did. you just can't seem to get over the Cards winning last year.

If you have two 10 game losing streaks you're not a good team. They basically backed into the playoffs to start with. It wasn't like with the Astros a few years ago when they sucked for most of the year, but put a good run together at the end.

The Cards only made the playoffs because they played in a terrible division.

The Tigers one of the best? What did they do before last year? Sorry I don't just except everything that works as good. If they'd got knocked out in the first round, you'd probably be saying that they shouldn't have even been in the playoffs to start with.

Yeah Hot...My brother is a huge Cards fan and he was depressed as heck at the end of the regular season last year when they couldn't win a game. He said they sucked and their pitching was worn out and even if the hung on and made the playoffs they wouldn't be a factor.

Then they won the WS and he was on cloud nine!

Quote:

So true. Hudson is getting it done. 4-0 in the 5th! He's having his best month in years.