• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will BK take Conley at #11 if he is available?

gutz

Everyone on this board is assuming it's a no brainer that we are going to take Conley or Law at #11 with the Indy pick if either one is available. We all need to realize who our GM is and what he is currently thinking. I will put money on it BK takes a Big with that pick because in his ridiculous mind he thinks we have 3 serviceable veteran PG's for next year that when healthy can man the PG position just fine for at least next year. So in reality should we all be talking about what BIG or forward BK is going to draft with that pick? The more I think about it I just don't see BK drafting a PG considering we currently have 3 veteran ones under contract for next year. It's just not going to happen. I hope we can at least land a center like Hawes or something. Either way I'm sure there will be another uproar at Phillips during the draft like last year when BK took Shelden at #5 overall and Woody had to calm everyone down. We shall see!

I was thinking this same thing seeing as how he passed over some very good PG prospects in the past. I think it would be even harder for BK to justify with the number of PGs currently on the roster.

Maybe if Conley or Law impresses leading up to the draft so that either is perceived as a major bargain at #11, then BK might pull the trigger. Even then, BK would need to have some deal worked out to shed one of our current PGs.

Has BK over-committed the team to the current lot of PGs? Considering he just traded for AJ, made a huge commitment to Claxton, does anyone think he has it in him to trade either of them? Is Claxton tradeable?

I don't think Speedy is tradeable...Our best hope is that he will retire...

I think BK might surprise us and take a PG. I think by signing Speedy he finally acknowledged that we need one. And, he has to know how much Speedy sucked...so, he may get Conley if available, but it's no sure thing.

• Admin

Lue and Ivey will be gone in the offseason.

Maybe AJ too if Speedy is showing progress.

I think if Conely is available then BK will take him. Law is not a forgone conclusion. Some scouts are not that high on Law and so I think it will be after workouts and stuff that they can determine if he can run a team.

I read on ESPN that Georgia Tech's pg (forget his name) might still be coming out too.

yeah the GT guy is Jarvaris Crittendon and he too is going to be a nice PG in the NBA. I just don't see BK taking a PG considering we will keep at least AJ and Speedy for next year. Lets hope i'm wrong.

• Moderators

Regardless of whether you think BK should be fired already, I think most of us can agree that if the Hawks don't acquire a center or PG with the #11 pick then that should be a fireable decision. It is that simple in my mind.

I agree that no one will take Speedy.

However, AJ and Lue will both be in the last year of their contracts next year. They will definately be tradeable, especially T. Lue.

I'd exlore trading T. Lue and Chills to Seattle for Ridnour/filler only if BK shuns us again by neglecting the need for a PG in the draft. It looks like Seattle is about to rebuild escecially if Rashard Lewis leaves them in free agency. Ray Allen will be 33 next year and their young bigs are developing slowly.

Hasn't Bernie Mullin stated on the radio that our top priority is a PG or Center? I remember someone saying he stated this about a month ago. BTW there is no way Conley falls to the 11thspot in the draft. Law could be there. So the real question should be do we pick Law, Hawes or Noah(If he falls that far). Isn't Hawes just another Robert Swift Clone?

Quote:

The more I think about it I just don't see BK drafting a PG considering we currently have 3 veteran ones under contract for next year.

Seriously, it's astounding how BK could be this dumb, it's actually scary. How someone could have a GM job in the NBA and not realize our deficiencies is completely baffling. I completely agree with your assessment, BK's probably already promised Noah/Hawes with our Indy pick.. We're in for another letdown on draft day.

It's also funny how 50% of this board continues to support BK, despite him being the worst thing to happen in the history of our franchise.

Quote:

I don't think Speedy is tradeable...Our best hope is that he will retire...

I think BK might surprise us and take a PG. I think by signing Speedy he finally acknowledged that we need one. And, he has to know how much Speedy sucked...so, he may get Conley if available, but it's no sure thing.

Speedy is probably Not tradeable. Speedy didn't suck last season, He was Injured. He will be on the roster this year coming. I'd take Javaris over Conley and Law.

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy didn't suck last season, He was Injured. He will be on the roster this year coming. I'd take Javaris over Conley and Law.

One ignorant comment right after another. Let me guess...you are a GT grad/fan????

I agree. I am a Tech fan too but not a homer. Javaris is not ready for the NBA. If he got 30 minutes a game he would set the NBA record for the most turnovers. The kid can score when hot but is a sloppy ball handler and makes poor passing decisions. All of this will improve with playing time at GT against competition he can handle at this time.

I am afraid the talent shock in the NBA would stunt his growth and break his confidence. PG is all mental, can't mess with kid's mind by pushing into something he is not ready for.

I have this same worry with Conley but to a much lesser extint. At least Conley can do the main job of a PG, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. That is Crittendon #1 weakness.

I said this 2 months ago and I stand by it. Conley and Law are tied in my book right now. If in one on one drills Law can hold his own defesively vs. the quicker Conley I'd take Law due to his superior shooting over Conley. If Conley blows by Law at will I take Conley b/c perimeter defense vs. opposing PGs has crippled this team for years. Speedy was suppose to fix this but damn those knee injuries. I can't take secondary pgs having career scoring nights vs. us night in and night out. Opposing teams PGs currently lick their chops when Atlanta comes to town. AJ, Lue, and a crippled Speedy should be the definition of BAD PERIMETER DEFENSE.

I bet if you did a study of what team gave up the most points to the opposing teams' PGs , Atlanta would be the worst.

Conley would clean this up immediatly. If Law can hold his own defensively his shooting is exceptional and CLUTCH. Got to take one them at #11.