• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we could do the Portland Deal

DJlaysitup

...and get Aldridge...

...our #3 plus a bit for Aldridge/JJack would be great. Then I would be tempted at taking a chance at Spencer Hawes if he were still available. If Acie would be available that would be another (although unlikely) scenario.

We need to cut bait with JChillz. If other teams want him to make a deal (especially a Western team)...let's move.

We need to use our assets to win in the Eastern Conference. We have the #1 draft pick in the Eastern Conference....I hope BK can get it done. laugh.gif

Quote:

...and get Aldridge...

...our #3 plus a bit for Aldridge/JJack would be great. Then I would be tempted at taking a chance at Spencer Hawes if he were still available. If Acie would be available that would be another (although unlikely) scenario.

We need to cut bait with JChillz. If other teams want him to make a deal (especially a Western team)...let's move.

We need to use our assets to win in the Eastern Conference. We have the #1 draft pick in the Eastern Conference....I hope BK can get it done.
laugh.gif

But why would Portland do that?

I have a feeling portland will end up putting a little more in than just those 2 players for conley. Maybe they will throw in this years 2nd round round pick or a future 1st or 2nd because they are going to have oden and conley together this year for whatever it takes.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Why trade chillz if they will do it without him in it. I say we just keep childress unless portland wants more out of that deal.

...and I don't have much of a problem giving it to them. We were talking Childress for Jack/2nd earlier in the year. I don't see a better fit for us (although MAYBE a better talent) at 3.

Note: Close but I think I would rather have the Spanish Magician instead of Jack.

W

I would throw in Chillz with the 3rd in a heartbeat as long as Jack & Aldridge are still involved. Spanish Chocolate is an exciting player and all but he is nowhere near the defender Jack is and also does not shoot as well [although he's not a bad defender and seems to have a good stroke]. Also, Jack would be ready to start for this team the day he arrived.

Quote:

Why would we not trade #3 pick (Con) + Chillz ----for Aldridge and JJack? We need top quality players. A + J + BPA at #11 would be fine with me.

Nope, if a deal is to happen Chillz is not the trifecta. It would be an expiring contract with value. That be Salim.

Then send Marvin with another expiring contract (AJ) to Milwaukee for their pick. If the bucks want Speedy, fine.

Agreed..and if other folks think JChillz flying around occasionally and picking up garbage putbacks (with no real offense that he can create on his own) Let em love him...FINE...imho. Let em have him if it helps the Hawks get better.

We have to remember that we are fighting for a berth in the Eastern Conference playoffs....we aren't even ahead of the Bobcats yet.

The proof is in the record (W/L) smirk.gif

Quote:

Why is there a lovefest for Acie Law this guy is a scorer shooting guard not a point guard. He is just like Salim Stouamire why do we want another Salim on this team this guy is not a pg in anyway possible.

I dunno maybe because the guy helped put his basketball program on the map battling through adversity with a terrible team and coaching changes.

Emerging as the star and improving every year as a starter.

A guy who averaged a whopping 18 PPG (5 more than Conley) and 5 APG (1 less than Conley)

A guy who has grea size at 6'3, lots of experience, and was one of the most clutch players in college basketball last year including a ridiculous shot over the extended 7'6 wingpsan of one Kevin Durant.

If you think he's the next Salim Stoudemire you have never seen enough of him to form an opinion because surely anyone who has watched him play would not say something that absurd.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both great shooting beyond the arc.

You must be joking if you think he has the passing ability or the leadership of Acie Law. He doesn't have the ball handling or size either.

Law is a leader who has had to battle throuh more adversity than any other highly ranked PG in this draft.

I think I'd take my chances with him as our floor general next year over any PG in this draft.

I dont know how would we do it but if we could do #3/Marvin/Claxton for Aldridge/Jack/Miles/(Next Years #1 Non Protected)

I would do something like that....Miles and Speedy have comparable contracts....at least we could get something out of Miles.

I wouldnt mind seeing:

Jack/A Johnson/Lue

Johnson/Childress/Salim

Miles/Number #11 (Noah,Thornton?)

Smith/Shelden/Solomon

Aldridge/ZaZa/Lo

I mean how sweet would that be....even if phoenix takes our pick next year....we would have portlands.

Quote:

Why is there a lovefest for Acie Law this guy is a scorer shooting guard not a point guard. He is just like Salim Stouamire why do we want another Salim on this team this guy is not a pg in anyway possible.

I want Acie because of that marathon game with Texas where he extended the game twice with clutch threes and yelled to the CBS cameras "This is what I do!"

I like Conley more but I would take Acie purely for the fact that he has a passion for winning the game.