• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe Wants Out

Lascar78

Quote:

Quote:

With that being said, Kobe won't be coming here, so please don't respond with 300 Kobe to Atlanta trades.

I should have known. I guess nobody cares that Kobe and JJ are both strictly SG?

Kobe has played plenty of SF in his career. In fact, I've read in a couple of places that he's more effective at SF. Kobe and Joe are extremely versatile, so they could easily play together at 2-3.

• Moderators

Quote:

Star players love to migrate to NY because it's a huge Market. Better advertising deals.

I certainly understand it from Kobe's perspective.

Quote:

When you look at NY, they have loaded up with a lot of players as NY teams do... However, I can easily see them trading for JO and having enough to trade for Kobe.

I guess I'd have to see the kind of player movement you are talking about. I just don't see many pieces that Indy or LA would be interested in.

Actually the whole "Kobe wants a trade" deal could be bad news for the Hawks. We were already sorta lucky in that even though we didn't get Oden or Durant...at least they west to the WC. The last thing we need is Kobe in the Eastern Conference...we've got enough team to jump over record-wise already to make the playoffs.

Kobe and some role players (on whatever team) make the EC playoffs IMO. Lord don't let him go to the Bobcats !!

Some good propositions here. I like the idea of trading expiring contracts and a few young players. I'd probably trade Josh Smith and put Shelden at PF and then have Marvin as our utility bench player, playing all the positions.

So #3, JSmoove, AJ, Lue, and maybe Childress could get it done...Then draft Acie Law.

The Bulls never had any big men. No I'm not saying we're the Bulls, but if we have two hella versatile players in Kobe and JJ, then are just satisfactory at the big positions, we could be fine. We just need offense offense offense and rebounding at this point. Our defense is not bad

JJ, childress, #3 for Kobe.

This suggestion, made earlier in this thread, makes some sense. While I think the Kobe situation will resolve itself with the return of Jerry West, there isn't a trade the Hawks could make that wouldn't be good for them.

In the past 20 years, other than the 04 Pistons, teams that win titles have true Megastars (Bird, Johnson, Isiah, Jordan,Olajown, Duncan, Shaq). As good as JJ is, he isn't in that class.

The Lakers aren't going to trade the greatest player of his era for Lo Wright, Speedy, Marvin and a bag of donuts. They'll need a player (JJ) and some hope (#3) and some other things at a minimum.

Quote:

Ok how about the fact that Kobe probably won't want to come here and I doubt cheap @ss Steve Belkin will approve this trade.

Kobe would prefer a team that is 1 player away from contesting for a championship like Dallas or Phoenix (Amare and filler for Kobe). He would like to have Jerry West come back. That is not going to happen. He will not want to come to Atlanta. There is no package we could put together to have the remaining cast as not playoff ready but championship caliber. He wants to win another now because his window of opportunity is closing.

i wanna play, i wanna play!

ok what about this..

#3, Marvin, and Lue for Kobe and Farmer (Parker if won't part with Farmer)..throw in chill if they won't do that...

i still feel marvin is going to be real good but can't turn down kobe.

jj can definitely play the 3 because he played that alot in phoenix if i'm not mistaken plus he's a big dude..

this would be a great lineup-

Farmer/claxont/aj

Kobe/salim

JJ/chill

JSmith/shelden

ZaZa/#11 or FA..

or maybe a variation if they won't give up farmer...

#11/claxton/aj

kobe/salim

jj/chill

jsmith/shelden

zaza/fa

but hey, it's all a dream right? then again we do have some bargaining in the #3 pick...how old is kobe anyway?

Quote:

Quote:

Ok how about the fact that Kobe probably won't want to come here and I doubt cheap @ss Steve Belkin will approve this trade.

Kobe would prefer a team that is 1 player away from contesting for a championship like Dallas or Phoenix (Amare and filler for Kobe). He would like to have Jerry West come back. That is not going to happen. He will not want to come to Atlanta. There is no package we could put together to have the remaining cast as not playoff ready but championship caliber. He wants to win another now because his window of opportunity is closing.

What other team could he go to that would have a better player next to him than Joe Johnson?

The Bulls are going to be the team that everyone brings up but JJ is better than anyone on that team

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What other team could he go to that would have a better player next to him than Joe Johnson?

He would be looking for a "TEAM" not another player. Would he also trade the likes of Dr. Buss for the Atlanta Spirit or Belkin and Mitch Kupchak for Knightmare to build this "TEAM" around him. Please answer that question.

Quote:

I know this should go in around the league, but FWIW Kobe was just talking to Stephen A Smith on ESPN radio and said that he wants out of LA for sure. SAS asked if there was anything the lakers could do at this point to change his mind, and he said no. He's 100% done in LA.

With that being said, Kobe won't be coming here, so please don't respond with 300 Kobe to Atlanta trades.

Funny . . I made a joke the other day about what would Hawksquawk do if Kobe trade rumors started to swirl, and if they'd even want Kobe here?

Interesting.

The one guy I would trade JJ for, is Kobe.

Well, if Kobe is done in LA, the Lakers will go after Vince CArter, if not for anything, from the entertainment aspect.

Quote:

This will no doubt lead to some of the most moronic trade proposal threads this site has ever seen, led by the same few posters.

What happened to this place?
pillepalle.gif

Well . . at least this gets people off of the Yi at center stuff for a while.

Smoove ( singed and traded ) + Marvin + Speedy + #3 . . for Kobe

PG - Law ( #11 )

G - Kobe

F - JJ

F - Shelden

C - ZaZa

G - Salim

G - Lue

G - AJ

F - Chill

F - Solomon

F - Wright

C - sign someone w/the MLE

At least ATL wouldn't draw 12,000 to a game anymore. That team might even be a top 4 team in the East . . no chance to win a title though. Kobe - JJ would get us to the ECF.