• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

#3/Smoove for Aldridge/Jack/2008 first?

Diesel

Quote:

Aldridge ~ Smith

But is #3 = Jack/08' first? Methinks that weighs heavily in Portland's favor.

Jack/JJ/Marvin/Aldridge/Zaza with AJ/Lue, Childress, Shelden off the bench...

I posted that in the Portland thread, but without the 08 pick in there.

Speaking in terms of value, Smith would certainly be a top 6 pick if the 04 draft if it was held over again. So the Hawks would be trading that along with the 3rd pick which doesn't look good. However when considering that pgs and post players are the hardest to get it even things up a bit.

Then there are Aldridge's health concerns.

It is definitely a believable rumor because it allows them to keep Zack with two of the best shotblockers in the league on the frontcourt with him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It is definitely a believable rumor because it allows them to keep Zack with two of the best shotblockers in the league on the frontcourt with him.

It sounds like a counteroffer by Portland, if anything. Maybe the Hawks respond by swapping Smith with Childress, and you get this trade done.

Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like a counteroffer by Portland, if anything. Maybe the Hawks respond by swapping Smith with Childress, and you get this trade done.

I've been saying that for a little while...This is the trade that has to happen.

#3, Chillz for Lamarcus, Jack and 2008 1st.

That would be a GREAT trade for us.

• Premium Member

I think Portland needs a little more...

Aldridge ~ #3

Jack ~ Childress

08' first ~ ???

How would you guys feel about #3/Childress -for Jack/Aldridge?

(This creates a HUGE logjam at the 4/5, FWIW).

Quote:

Aldridge ~ #3

Jack ~ Childress

08' first ~ ???

I don't know, I think once the stakes go up for Conley (after his workouts leading up to the draft), I could see Portland accepting this...The only glaring hole they have is SF...Think about that line-up...It's scary.

Conley

Roy

Chillz

Randolph

Oden

However, we might have to throw in someone like Salim or Speedy as well, which I am completely fine with.

I think it would be a very shrewd and smart move to get that 2008 pick...It's almost guaranteed to be in the lottery...I don't think there's any way that team makes the playoffs in the West next year...And with a little bad luck for their team, that could be a very high pick in 2008.

Woah, Woah, Woah....

I hate to inform everyone here that we have NO #1 pick in 2008 as it will be going to Phoenix as the completion of the Joe Johnson deal. It is unprotected and is theirs' outright.

If you can get the deal done for Childress, Lorenzen, #3 then i am all about it.

I don't give up Smoove, I don't give up Marvin and I don't trade Shelden just yet.

I'll tell you where The Oregonian heard this rumor. The guy that did the draftexpress podcast mentioned this in his podcast, but I think he was throwing it out there as a "this may be a good idea" type of thing.

I don't think this has any legs, because why would Atlanta go from demanding Aldridge, Jack, and their 2008 1st round pick for the #3 pick alone to including Josh Smith in the deal?

Quote:

Quote:

could be and i hope so..i really feel that josh smith is a main staple of our future...i think it would be a huge mistake to get rid of josh...he really excelled last year, can you imagine if he works on his 3 shot this offseason and getting another post move? good lord...

i really could care less about getting their first next year...this should be our last year we depend on the draft..it's time to get experience (and keep experience).

Quote:

Aldridge ~ #3

Jack ~ Childress

08' first ~ ???

you know i still dont know why we need that 08 first...i rmember when this rumor first started it was #3 for aldridge/jack...and that was just fine with me...but all of a sudden bk asks for the 08 first also, again something we don't need really IMO..

i shoot for #3 for aldrige and jack and see what they say...if some of you feel that's too much for us, then we ask them to swap jack for SERGIO..

Quote:

...can you imagine if he works on his 3 shot this offseason and getting another post move? good lord...

I'm certainly a JS fan too, and I hope he works on his outside shot...but to be honest, if he gets another post move (other than a dunk) it will be his first.