• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Discuss Pick 11

sinctybldh

It all depends on who falls to us at 11. If Noah is there you take him immediately because believe it or not he will help the Hawks tremendously next year. He is a legit 7 footer who can defend and block shots and also play CENTER. His offensive game isn't that great right now but he can obviously work on that. We need help at Center badly. With Noah and Smoove in the frontcourt we have two awesome shot blockers. I would take Hawes as well at 11 if he is available. It just depends.

You just have to BPA at #11 if we were to take Conley at #3. I don't expect any good bigs to be available at #11. It'd be nice if Jeff Green, Julian Wright or Corey Brewer fell. That would allow us to trade Josh Childress in a bigger deal maybe for a PF/C. Is Nick Young possibly a sleeper? Is Josh Howard a good comparison? (NBAdraft)

Quote:

Yes but you are not answering the question. lol I want to hear different people's take on pick 11.

There will be no bigs at #11.

That is why the flavor of the day is Hoford at #3 and a PG at #11. Hoford is more then a flavor of the day. Now that we have measurements, strength, quickness, and leaping test we know what we would be getting. A bonafied post player at #3 !

If we go Conley at #3 there will be no bigs at #11.

Jason Smith (Colorado State) will be moving up the draft boards after the combine. Solid center size with pretty decent agility and athleticism. He looks to be at the top of the BWS center division now. Picking him at 11 would be a reach I realize but if you need a center and all that is left are clone forwards of what you already have - maybe a deal can be made somewhere. detective.gif

Noah if he is there. If not I would like to see Tiago Splitter. Someone is going to get a steal there. The guy averaged 10 and 6 for a team that got to the Euro Final 4. The guy can play, he's big and he's tough. I think he can produce right away (say 6 and 5 type numbers) and start in 3 years.

• Premium Member

If Noah/Hawes have already been taken, then you either:

1. Take Tiago Splitter (assuming the "cheap" buyout info is true).

2. Trade the pick for a veteran PF/C.

People don't like this option because it's not 'open-and-shut' like Horford/Law, but Law's ability to defend and Horford ability to play CR in the NBA are still "up in the air," too.

I take Hawes if he lasted that long. If not I probably take Noah. If nothing else you can probably find a pretty good trade for him if he falls this low. Same for Yi if he's there.

Other than that, I gamble on a big, Jason Smith, Tiago Splitter.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes but you are not answering the question. lol I want to hear different people's take on pick 11.

That is why the flavor of the day is Hoford at #3 and a PG at #11. Hoford is more then a flavor of the day. Now that we have measurements, strength, quickness, and leaping test we know what we would be getting. A bonafied post player at #3 !

At #3 you need to take someone who could potentially start. Who are you going to bench in favor of Horford? Smoove? he is likely a 20/10 player this year. Marvin? He is likely an 18/8 player this year.

• Premium Member

First let's talk about who won't be there:

Noah, Hawes, and Horford won't be there.

That means that for 11, we can reach for Jason Smith or Fazekas..

Between the two, give me Nick Fazekas. The guy is skilled and big.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At #3 you need to take someone who could potentially start. Who are you going to bench in favor of Horford? Smoove? he is likely a 20/10 player this year. Marvin? He is likely an 18/8 player this year.

You bench ZaZa and start Hoford at center. ZaZa is 1 inch taller but 1/2 the athlete and not as strong as Hoford. ZaZa has short arms I bet their standing reach are equal. Height means nothing unless you block shots using your head. I bet ZaZa and Hoford's standing reach are equal. I also bet ZaZa's vertical is 30'' to Hoford's 35.5'' giving Hoforf the ability to block shots. Hoford is the better center of the two.

Don't even argue ZaZa is a better center then Hoford b/c I won't waist my time argueing a brick wall.