• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rodney Stuckey will be the pick at 11

Rexhawk

Rodney is climbing up the draft boards as I type this post. Detroit has already promised to take Stuckey at 15 to be the eventual replacement for Chauncey. Steve Blake,NBA assistant director of scouting, said that Rodney will be the best point guard from this draft. According to Blake, Sutckey went to E. Washington because he did not have the SAT scores to honor his scholarship to University of Washingtion.

The surprising thing from Steve Blake was that several scouts and NBA players say that Rodney Stuckey is more talented and athletic than Brandon Roy. Apparently, they play a lot of pick up ball together and a lot people have seem them on the court at the same time.

Stuckey just screams BK. Great Defender, tall point guard at 6'5, and prolific scorer. There are tapes on him blocking three point shots.

He certainly isn't a prototypical PG nor does he appear to be a BK type of PG (despite all of the innuendo that BK likes tall PGs) since BK has shown that he has a certain affinity for micro-mini PGs like Lue, AJ, Speedy, etc.

However, from what I have read on him, he does appear to be a lock down defender and has clearly shown that he can put the ball in the basket. I have serious doubts about whether this kid is on Roy's level talent wise but would be happy to be surprised if we pick him and he actually is. What concerns me is what his basketball IQ and overall intelligence is. He has a very poor assist to turnover ratio but is that due to playing with inferior players, trying to do too much, or simply being a poor decision maker? Essentially being the inverse argument with Conley.

What he certainly provides is a lock down defensive compliment to JJ in the backcourt and a very talented secondary scorer in the backcourt with JJ as well. What he also provides is the ability to slide to the 2 when Salim comes into the game, or Lue for that matter, to guard the oppositions SG. He doesn't appear to be a very good 3pt shooter though, in fact he appears to be quite awful at it, which means that his defender can back off of him and force him to penetrate. He appears to be plenty quick comparing his combine speed numbers.

Until he comes in for a workout and blows us away, I would be disappointed to see him as our pick at 11 today.

I don't really mind the idea of Stuckey. I've never seen him play, but I have to admit: Anytime someone is compated to Dwayne Wade - even a poor man's Dwayne Wade - I start getting intrigued.

I know he won't be as good as Wade, but he's put up massive numbers for two years in a row now (albeit against weak competition), and he's got some pretty nice athleticism and physical tools. 6'4...6'7 wingspan...35 inch vertical leap...quicker lane agility than Conely and just a fraction of a second slower in the fullcourt sprint.

Chad Ford says that if Stuckey had played in the ACC he'd be a lottery pick, and now it looks like he has a chance at the lottery one way or the other. He also says Detroit promised him at 15, so 11 may not be unreasonably high if Bk likes him better than Law or Critt. I still favor Jack, but Law or Critt or Stuckey would all be fine with me.

Quote:

Stuckey is more of a 2 guard than a point guard.

Might be true. He was basically a one-man show for Eastern Washington. (His grades didn't let him into the bigger schools.) Averaged 24.6 ppg and 5.5 assists. Good scorer but not enough talent on the team to see if can really play point. His size and scoring say "2" but he WAS the pg for the team and hit 10 assists in three games.

Quote:

Stuckey is more of a 2 guard than a point guard.

he's a scoring point i think....so he could work well with joe..i like stuckey alot...he can score at will, he can defend, has good size...that's all you really need...

but i could go with a more traditional dishing point and that's probably the best method for our atheletes.