On Philly Radio - Sixers/Hawks trade rumor

pound4pound

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like giving up on Marvin. We need a young PG to groom. Miller is nice but he is in his 30's now. I guess Carney is a nice backup for JJ. Tough call really. I would consider it though.

Money wise it doesnt appear to work. Speedy needs to be added. Dunno if the hawks are willing to deal someone they think highly of (Marvin) for early middle round selections and players. In my eyes trading Marvin would send out the message that you F'ed up by taking him #2. Doesnt make much sense on swapping #12 for #11 either.

• Premium Member

You must be crazy.

Miller is one of the best PGs in this game. He'd be a monster with Smoove and JJ and whoever we get at 3. On top of that, we get #12 and 21??

That's sick... For Marvin.

Do it... Do it today!!!

• Premium Member

Take the 11th and 12th out of it, and evaluate. For Marvin Williams, the Sixers give up:

1. A backup wing.

2. A late 1st rounder.

3. A starting PG.

It's Marvin vs. Miller. Based on Miller's age, I'd say that's a tough call.

My buddy who was listening said the key is Law at 11. Carney is a throw in - I think.

What I like about this trade idea is that it puts people who say that Marvin is a bust and Critt is the best point guard of the three propsects in this draft to the test. Those people get their ticket punched; their point guard of today and tomorrow plus the 21st pick.

I think that Marvin has too much value for this trade to work but it does put an excalmation point where the point guard question used to be. Replace Marvin with Chill and they can keep the 21st pick, that I like better.

This is more point in the other thread. Everyone on here rips BK a new one because its the thing to do, offer up Chill and Marv almost as fillers. BK has drafted guys that other teams in the league want. Plain and simple.

You may say that seems like a lot, but these were Philly guys coming up with this trade. So while you may not think Marvin is worth that other people from the outside looking in do.

This is Marvins break out time, after he got back into his shooting groove after the hand injury Marvin showed what is coming. Other teams take note. Im sorry they dont write him off as a complete bust just two years after the draft and when he is 21, knowing when u draft him it may be till then that he blossoms.

That was my thought. To make it work it would need to be

Lue/Marvin/#11 for Miller/Carney/#12/#21

We could use the #3 to draft Horford or Yi, #12 for Critt, and #21 for maybe a gamble on one of the big men like Splitter, Gray, Fazekas, McRoberts,Big Baby, etc...... There's a chance Stuckey might still be around but his stock is rising. SG's like Almond and Affalo would probably be there as well.

Miller/Speedy/Critt

JJ/AJ/Salim

Smoove/Chillz/Carney

Yi/Shelden/#21

Zaza/Wright/Jones

While that's not as sexy as a deal for Gasol or someone like that, it's still an improvement on last year's team. If Yi's not ready immediately, you can always start Chillz @ SF and Smoove @ PF. That's essentially our team from last year except Speedy's on the bench while Miller your starting PG. Your bench is much, much deeper as well. You've also got some young players to build on with the future.